Back in the day (think 2004) overgrow changed my entire life, I want to help

Not to be “that guy” but this is not true and is bad info that shouldn’t be spread around any more than it already is. Sex is already determined when the seed is created and there’s nothing environmental that can be changed to make one more likely or the other.

12 Likes

I use vague threats and a (plastic toy) gun to get my clones to root. I’m open to ideas, but excuse me I’d I have reservations.

11 Likes

Since we’re discussing cloning and rooting hormone n stuff. . . …

If using rooting hormones is such a big deal, when why is tissue culture so highly regarded, but cloning with a rooting hormone is for some reason frowned upon? :man_shrugging: It seems to me, even if you go the “all natural” route (good luck with that, it seems any TC with canna still goes back to using PGRs) with TC, there is still waaaay more “systemic action” occurring and there are WAY more PGR’s involved with TC than with just making clones. …??

2 Likes

You bet … :grin:

12 Likes

Who frowns upon it? I’m just lazy

1 Like

I’ve not ever seen that @George
Thx

3 Likes

O.P., for one. If I’m not using aloe I’m doing it wrong.

2 Likes

The auxins you mentioned help the seed sprout … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Here you go … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

Wonderful stuff G
:beers:

2 Likes

Right there’s your problem. The plants know you aren’t serious. You got to murder a few to show the rest what you are capable of.

12 Likes

Strangle plant

13 Likes

This hurts the plant.

5 Likes

I do it to my males to collect pollen, lol. They do get a bit broken up about it though. :rofl:

9 Likes

Hahaha with this fucking nonsense.

Follow me for some amazing adventures in hydroponics.

5 Likes

Can you provide any data from a cannabis specific study that would back up what your saying ?

1 Like

Did you already provide your data?

3 Likes

I provided a commonly spread theory to elaborate on what a different member may have been referencing in there post about getting more females from reg seed , I’m not making a definitive statement in regards to its validity in terms of cannabis. If you’re going to say it is incorrect I would want to see some type of actual controlled study that would substantiate that statement.
Sex determination in plants is still being studied and it varies greatly from species to species.

2 Likes

If sex isn’t determined when the pollen hits the flower then I don’t see how feminized seeds would work.

4 Likes

@ABushOfKush
Because your cutting out the variable
Has to do with what chromosomes are and are not present in regards to fem seed.

2 Likes