Back to Seeds

Could you take a dead ac unit, remove the guts leaving just the shell intact, and install the shell like you would any ac window unit. You would have to seal the inside of the box where the ducting enters the box, but that shouldn’t be difficult.

Edit: I should have read @NDNCHILD’s post above. He suggests the same approach. Great minds and all! (Time to hit the bong.)

5 Likes

That’s what I was leaning towards before I thought of just installing shutters. I don’t have an ac unit, so I’d have to buy one and then I’d still look like I had a junky window unit on the second story of a corner lot. Haha The shutters are the way for me, because I’m going to eventually put them on the house no matter what. No holes in the ceiling or walls, no buying an 8” hole saw bit, and so on. Just have a shutter installed. I’d install it myself, but don’t have a 20’ ladder. Then I’ll get some treated plywood, drill holes for the three ducts, and then seal it all up really well.

2 Likes

Way better solution if you’re going to put shutters on anyways and they will give you adequate coverage!

2 Likes

Yup! That’s the way to go! Shutters it is! :fist:t3::facepunch:t3::vulcan_salute:t3: I dig it!

2 Likes

@PatHealy … A little off topic on what’s being discussed but would like ur help in this regard. I’d like to know how you grow out regular seeds in order to quickly select females by minimising wastage on medium and nutrients. Pot size matters I beleive as well.
Do you keep the plant from seed and take cuttings in order to determine sex quickly (by flowering the rooted cuttings, but it takes 2 weeks just for that from the cut) or do you flower the plant grown from seed and keep back up clones just incase there are females that were identified.
I hope I was able to put across my doubt clearly.
Looking to minimize wastage on medium and nutes with regular seeds…:pray:t3::herb:

3 Likes

There is a bunch of tricks for sexing early as possible. I like the old, wait till 5-6 nodes then put ‘em on 12/12 for 2-3 days and then switch back. It usually will cause preflowing that will allow sexing.

4 Likes

Thank you for this…
Im aware of this method but was afraid it may stress the plants. Otherwise seems like an easy method. :slightly_smiling_face::v:t3:

1 Like

Personally, I just veg them out until they show sex in about one gallon of coco sometimes I’ll mix some Ocean Forest or decent soil in there, toss the males, take cuts of the female seed plants, prune the female seed plants way down, flower out cuts, smoke the flower, decide what to keep around. Keeping the lights low and temps lower once you’ve sexed the seed plants will lower your nute usage and stuff. If you keep them happy and healthy in veg most start showing fairly quickly. I’ve never tried the taking cuts super early and throwing them under 12/12, but I’ve always wondered how much time that actually saves. Also, building some good soil would cut down on all of the waste you’re talking about.

4 Likes

You can sex test them from sprout basically. I just took a test from mine and sent it away yesterday. Should know by Friday.

5 Likes

That is very cool! Thank you so much, @Slammedsonoma420!

1 Like

your welcome. he does have sales i think 2 times a year. i usually pick up 20 when he does, lasts me a year. 4/20 and maybe xmas i dont remember.

1 Like

Totally forgot about the sex tests. If I had the money I’d test 50 at a time and be in heaven. Haha I have seen a few tests say female and end up being male, but I’m sure there’s some margin of error with it.

1 Like

so far all 14 of mine have been correct. except the herm from AK. that should have said :crossed_fingers:
and thats on the breeder not the sex test!

2 Likes
What next?
  • Appy F3
  • Green Crack x Appy F2
  • Electric Boogaloo/Dogshit x Appy F2
  • Ol’ Betsy x Appy F2
  • Lime Berry Mega
  • Caramel Candy Kush
  • Moose & Lobsta V2
  • Black Triangle
  • Booty
  • Pillow Book
  • Blood Orange F2
  • Cannalien (Romulan)
  • Alien Sourz (Umami)
  • Broadkaster (Doc D)
  • Wat Pho (Doc D)
  • Purple Unicorn x A5/Thai

0 voters

Have more options than I can really get to next go, so I figured I’d throw up a poll. Pick 5-10 that you’d want to run or see run.

9 Likes

same herevents to the attic

1 Like

That sounds like a great idea! I’ll prolly veg them in 1gal pots for a little longer or until they show sex and clone them out like how you do, keeping the seeded mother pruned. I don’t think I’ll lose much time either.
I’m a little lazy on building soil atm buy may actually give that a try sometime. :slightly_smiling_face::v:t3:

1 Like

Seems a little expensive and I’m far away in another country. Those smash cards sounds cool for international orders but the transit would certainly take a while after i send a sample and express shipping would itself cost a bomb.
Would certainly be cool if that was available locally.
Any idea what they use or examine to determine the sex from the leaf sample? I think I’ll need to invest in a lab and possibly tissue culture…:grin::herb:

2 Likes

I do up-pot them once sexed and the males are gone. Two or three gallon fabrics are fine. They’ll air prune the roots, so you don’t have to worry about doing that.

1 Like

Cannalien (NL? X Romulan) and Broadkaster (GSC Forum Cut x A5/Thai bx) getting embarrassed. Haha

2 Likes

18 Likes