Back to Seeds

HA! No way we could have any fish in with Gril. We buy her 30-50 feeders pretty regularly, you know, just as a little treat, and they’re often gone within 2 days, sometimes overnight!

That said, I never even considered a pleco. When I was a kid, I used to raise fish for a local pet store and used to have one in each of my four aquariums.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing you flower out those CSI 5150 x TK! Good luck and welcome to OG

3 Likes

I think people can’t find what they want because most strains today are just rehashing of old strains ,the old ones were much better and worked,and a lot has been diluted and lost through poor selection by some people just making seeds to name them,make $, or to get attention.A friend of mine buys a “new” strain every week but they all have roughly the same boring effect without much cerebral, happy, up high to them.Very few will raise an eyebrow.It’s hard to find unmolested old strains.Real breeders that take years to get it right leave the scene,stop offering it to the public and do it for the love of the plant because as you mentioned people just rename. I think re-naming is very unethical and only losers do it.If you want to sell knockoffs that’s fine but keep the name and give respect and credit where it is due and don’t lie.The seed game seems to be marketed for bling in the final product not so much about how it makes you feel but I believe it will change back to more and more people wanting narrow blade in time for the fun factor and enlightenment.

6 Likes

They got along great for 8 years! Until they didn’t! Along with 4 surviving goldfish that have out grown his appetite or rather usual level of motivation. The pleco would catch him sleeping and clean his well… everything! Lol All the goldfish we’re supposed to be feeders but he only liked eating the more expensive things I put in there to watch. He always managed to disallow me to watch those feedings. It was always just “ hey where’s my cool whatever” Lol

1 Like

What are the compound packs your talking about?

Shit makes me laugh everytime. Unfortunately the consumers are screwing themselves in the long run and diluting the shit out of good genetics. Like you said, the true breeders are withdrawing and keeping their winners locked and hidden away. Eventually everything is going to be mediocre and that’s when the real shit comes back out insanely over priced. People will have no choice but to kick themselves in the ass and finally realize that it was all their own fault. Fad’s come and go as history shows us this. All the silly strain names are nothing more than a fad. Just throw a couple clever descriptive words together and bam… New Strain. Oh but it’s a bx85 triple threat dogshit XL :rofl:
To each their own. I’m not here to show off or try to look cool.

3 Likes

Welcome @PatHealy some cool stuff for sure, that stay puft is straight fire! I have a friend who grew a pack and swears everyone was a keeper, stuff is unreal terpy, strong and an ease to grow! Looking forward to the show

3 Likes

What do you mean? The ones I’m running? Pink Certz and Stay Puft.

1 Like

For the picture lovers.

12 Likes

Lol I had to go back down memory lane. I was asking where did you get them that cheap?

1 Like

Yeah baby, from seeds! Pot leaf hopper

Haha I got them from GLO (think it was Greenline Organics Seedbank) whenever they came out a few years or so ago. He was obviously a guy with issues, but I ended up getting crazy deals from him. Only reason I have quite a few seeds to grow out.

1 Like

I figured I’ll throw this out there since there are plenty on here with lots of soil knowledge. I’m going to be mixing up soil for a 4x8 bed, so about 2 cubic yards, and I’m curious if anyone has any recipes that are easier to source ingredients for than something like Build-A-Soil’s recipe. Compost, peat, aeration I have covered. Thanks in advance for any help and info!

2 Likes

Oyster Shell Flour
Azomite Rock Dust Volcanic Ash
Gypsum Powder Calcium Sulfate
Xtreme Gardening HGC721205 Mykos Pure Mycorrhizal Inoculant Organic Root Enhancer
Bokashi Brothers Bokashi
Wakefield Biochar Soil Conditioner
Compost Tea
Dr. Verm’s Premium Worm Castings
Organic Amendments
bio live 5-4-2
insect fras 3-1-2
kelp meal 1-.0.1-2
alfalfa meal 2.5-0.5-2.5
shrimp meal 6-6-0
fish bone meal 3-16-0
neem seed meal 6-1-2
crab meal 4-3-0
Langbeinite 0-0-22
Sea Bird Guano 0-11-0
Bat Guano 7-3-1
Soybean Meal 7-1-2
Feather Meal 12-0-0
Coco bliss coco coir pith
Vermiculite
Perlite
diatomaceous earth
Pete Moss Sphagnum 7.2 cuft
20 Bags of Top Soil (40lb bags)

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your recipe, but that certainly isn’t easier to source ingredients locally for than Coot’s/Build-A-Soil.

3 Likes

If you’re doing a4x8 I wouldn’t go the easy route

I can get it all in one place locally

That’s a lot of stuff in your soil. I just finally got tired of looking around locally and ordered a 55lb bag of VRD, 40 lb bag of crab shell, 44lb bag of neem cake, 50lb bag of kelp meal, and a 50lb bag of rice hulls. Figure I can find a 50lb bag of Diamond K somewhere without much of a search. Still need to order some oyster shell flour and pickup some biochar, but should be good to go.

3 Likes

You live in Florida? If not, it’s wholly irrelevant to me.

But you won’t ever have to do anything to it the older it gets the better I start in 15 gallon pots and have the bottom of fabric pot cut out and just sit on top then after harvest alternate where you plant. And no ph just water and I’m in Virginia we have a farmers coop that carries everything and that makes 200 gallons