Badger goes camping with his buddies

Yea you’ll be better off having two pulling from the top of the tent if you can.

3 Likes

I can work that out. It definitely helped putting one as an intake. I will shuffle some stuff. I would love if I could get it down to about 78, and I could put my clone dome in the tent. I left a spot for it, but I’m afraid I will have little luck with the temps that high. Thanks man.

1 Like

Yea, it does sound nuts, but I think it’ll cool faster if you open all bottom vents, then pull all the heat out from the top. With both fans as exhaust you may see an updraft on your plants :laughing:

2 Likes

I have one vent opposite the fans open , and I am running 83 right now. Better for sure. I’ll let it level out and try another vent. I’m trying to be somewhat scientific on this.

1 Like

You’ve gone nuclear with T5s man :stuck_out_tongue:. That’s a lot of wattage however you organize it. I don’t think you will find a satisfying solution in that particular setup. I mean you could get a 6-inch exhaust fan or a portable AC but it probably doesn’t make sense for a grow that size. You also can’t use cooltubes or vented hoods for T5s. I think your best option is to start working on LED solution.

2 Likes

With LEDs you only need about 20-25w/sqft. So lowballing it to 320w total since you don’t have much height. That’s only cutting about 160w…but if you have remove driver/ballast or run them air cooled you’ll be close to ambient temp of the room.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s an interesting problem of having quite a bit of wattage in a small space. It’s basically doubling the grow space that the tent was made for… I’m not aware of a better solution than LEDs, but now that I think, even with LED he will probably need a 6inch exhaust to be carefree.

3 Likes

I’ve been cruising Craigslist and marketplace trying to find someone willing to trade. I’m still not working, but I figure someone has to be selling because they weren’t successful.

3 Likes

The dual 4’s are doing pretty well. I am kicking myself for not going a step up from what I thought I needed.

They’ve actually managed to kick off a couple times. I have them set at 80. Ive even kicked them down to 9.

3 Likes

Maybe there’s an option to upgrade somehow… Sell one of the 4" and get a 6" with some extra $. Can you perhaps remove one floor temporarily? Just till you find a permanent solution?

2 Likes

That maybe an option to sell one I doubt I can shut a light down. It is going to be crammed as it is once I have to start up potting seedlings.

12 Likes

Most NORMAL people don’t try to grow 32 plants in a 2x4!! Lol

8 Likes

The man has a point :rofl:. But we do what we gotta do… Guess there’s an exhaust and/or LED upgrade in your future @Badger :).

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Also, try putting something under the small plants to raise them up instead of slanting the lights if at all possible. Tote, Tupperware, paint cans, anything solid and flat.

4 Likes

Air cooled 600w with a turbo fan in the bottom blowing directly at the light.
What you fellas think of that?

4 Likes

I think blowing the cool air up towards the light is a good idea. Then having the two vents blowing the hot air out at the top. Should work out great!

3 Likes
  1. Who the heck told you I’m normal?
  2. Mr. Reynard already established this is no ordinary camping trip.
  3. This is coming from someone that has an insane person as their avatar! :rofl:

I’m trying to have enough seedlings going to feed our flower tent. I didn’t plan for :100: Germ rate, but it happened, surprisingly. I’m only trying to root 3 clones right now, so I’m trying to keep it down. Just wait till I up pot, it’s gonna be hella cramped, and maybe impossible to fit them all. I do have a plan b though as well!

7 Likes

Why is that out of curiosity?

2 Likes

Is it normal to have seedlings leaves kinda droopy? Mine do this( only some ) and I cant figure out why… all of my seedlings get treated the same and are within inches of each other… I dont understand l

3 Likes

Well played sir, well played!! :crazy_face::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes