Balcony with a view and Fatty's Live Vinegar House

People think alot of stuff man. I’m the type that doesnt really worry about all that. If that puts me in one of those categories, well, I guess if I have to be in a category then I’ll take it. :rofl:

We have been to one part several months ago. I was a bit nervouse since I wasn’t used to physical contact, but man, its nice to shake hands and hug again. I missed it for sure.

4 Likes

I’m definitely coming from a privileged position saying this though, if I still lived in Europe in an apartment I’d be starting to question my mental health by now.

I see more monkeys than humans where I live, let’s hope they’re not super spreaders haha.

Only time I have to wear a mask is dropping of my daughter at day care, saying that though we just pulled her out for at least a month due to cases surging here again. I actually think all 3 of us have had covid recently, luckily just a mild case if it was… not real keen to pay $600 for 3 tests plus the doctor who saw my daughter said it wasn’t necessary unless symptoms got worse.

The biggest thing is not being able to visit my family and friends in Australia due to their insanely strict rules… not to mention all my seeds are in my mum’s fridge which I’ve been wanting for a while now. I have a bunch of Purple City Genetics stuff that I really want to run

5 Likes

The catalog

12 Likes

El Chapo sounds good. Then again, anything with ECSD in it, I’m gonna think sounds good.

2 Likes

Really looking forward to El Chapo… ECSD is probably my favourite variety there is. AJ’s Sour cross from PCG is going to be fire too meant to be the original cut that was used. Not sure if they make much noise in SoCal but they have a big following in Oakland and the Bay area.

All that Bodie stuff you and a lot of heads on here run has me very interested in purchasing a few packs for myself. He’s definitely a true breeder

3 Likes

Geez… which serial killer wrote that…

1 Like

Seems to get angrier as it goes down that page

1 Like

Mine, too. I had three packs of Shoreline’s ECSD bx3, but I sent one to holyangel, so now I’m down to only two haha. My list of seeds is like six times as big as the one you posted, but I really shoulda checked it out better before I started my new grow. I would’ve planted a few of those bx3’s if I remembered that I had those. Maybe next grow…

I haven’t heard of Purple City Genetics, but I’m really out of the loop, too. I’m not a fan of Do Si Dos/Zittlez/Key Lime Pie or really any GSC derivatives. In fact, I’d go so far as to say I’m anti-anything that has even the slightest bit of GSC in her genetics or anything that resembles these “dessert”-type strains. AJ’s Sour Diesel x Key Lime Pie sounds sorta promising, but I feel like by growing something like that out, I’m just furthering this whole “dessert strain” trend that’s been going on the last few years. It needs to stop haha!!

Bodhi really is the best breeder out there, in my opinion. Or at least has the most consistently good and reliable gear. With the exception of that Purple NL2 I grew last round (and still haven’t smoked), I’ve never been disappointed with anything I’ve grown of his, quality-wise. His Mendo Purps x SSDD yielded really bad, but those were testers, so I can’t fault him for that. And the smoke from those plants was excellent. Never grown anything by him that didn’t smoke really good.

5 Likes

@minitiger I’m completely out the loop too. Last seeds I purchased and popped where brought across the counter at the DNA store in Amsterdam around 2010 for my indoor grow in Denmark and also some Devils Harvest seeds, their Shoreline and Casey Jones were beauties. The reason why I went with PCG was a friend had a booth close to theirs at Spannabis and highly recommended them.

Yeah each to their own I guess I too don’t love dessert strains and after 2 years of commercially growing mostly GSC in Trinity I was far from impressed but the terps on the crosses can be nice like the Tropicanna cookies. My misses loves the desserts so I grow for her too. The Z terps is another story though, very unique and tasty as hell… plant structure is fucked though, I worked with the original Dying Breed’s zkittlez clone in Spain and you’d get like 2 cuts out of 20 to root… joke!

You live in Cali so can afford to be picky haha over here before I started home growing you were just happy if the bud was green and not brown brick and if you managed to score an oscar zip of GSC down here you would be licking your lips.

What would you recommend from Bodie for lovers of sours? I also love my citrusy sativas in the morning and my gas and chem terps in the evening.

5 Likes

Saved this baby iguana from my cat just in time

The baby bird earlier in the week unfortunately was not so lucky :pensive:

Go free little homie

17 Likes

That’s my only real complaint about Bodhi, is that he doesn’t ever work with any kind of Sour Diesel or Sour-ish plants. Years ago, before I started growing, he had a Sour Diesel cross called Crystal Trident. Good luck finding those seeds now.

Nothing I’ve grown from him has even come close to tasting like SD (but I didn’t expect them to). And that’s really my favorite part, the way Sour D tastes. Everything I’ve grown from him has definitely tasted really good, but not even close to satisfying my craving for that flavor. I grew those three Headbangers last round and one of them tasted kiiiiiind of close to Sour Diesel for the first few weeks, but as the nugs continued to cure, it lost that flavor. And even those Headbangers didn’t have that “still tasting it thirty minutes later” kind of mouth-coating thing going on that Sour Diesel does.

I’ve got a couple Top Dawg Sour crosses in the fridge that I’ll run at some point. And those Shoreline ECSD beans, too. The Chem Fuego I’m running now supposedly has some SD elements to it. We’ll see about that in five months haha. But it’s definitely been difficult finding anything that even comes close to tasting as amazing as real Sour Diesel does. That’s actually the only clone I’d ever allow in my garden.

3 Likes

Maybe check out the Wolfpack, @anon60559124 found some sour diesel phenos in the F2’s he made. There may be some more floating around… I’ve never had ECSD or Sour Diesel, so I can’t point you toward flavors that will be similar. Theres a couple of citrus flavor cuts that Bodhi works with, Like Lemon G and Lemon Diesel, I’d look for crosses with those cuts as the moms. With Bodhi you’ll definitely need to hunt through some plants, but like @minitiger said, I’ve found at least one stellar plant in almost every pack.

6 Likes

That’s right, I totally forgot about that. @FattyRoots I’ve got those same f2’s from nube if you’re interested. I haven’t even opened the pack, so I don’t know how many are in there. But he sent me like 40 or more of the Pura Vida f2’s, so…

4 Likes

Sour D is all about the flavour bro, you are completely right nothing really compares. I’m running a SD, and a Headband at the moment but they aren’t the exact terps I’m looking for.

These could be fire mate

4 Likes

Thanks for the info

These sound like tasty options, Lemon Diesel especially

3 Likes

Just sent you a pm :call_me_hand:t4:

4 Likes

So cool :sunglasses: you got some awesome wildlife around you.

3 Likes

Little update of the slo mo grow

:pineapple:

7 Likes

Looking forward to flipping this one to flower, a cross my friend made

ChemDog x GG4

10 Likes

That’s a good-looking plant, for sure.

2 Likes