Balcony with a view and Fatty's Live Vinegar House

Thanks mate, considering it was left to die in my friends boat in his backyard she bounced back nicely.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering how you were getting your genetics. So there’s a decent grow scene there?

2 Likes

It’s pretty underground but there is definitely a big smoke scene. I found a guy on Instagram who had clones for sale a couple years ago and got about 10 varieties off him, I’m sure they came with spider mites and who knows what else… he is actually a really bad grower so in a normal circumstance I would never run his stuff. No info either like his Sour Diesel for example I asked who was the breeder or seed company… his answer “its very good and grows big buds” :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I haven’t read the whole thread so I apologise if this sounds like a stupid question, but @minitiger can you not get ahold of a real deal cut of the sour D? Or are you looking for something new and slightly different but still in the ballpark of the sour D?
In my experience if you like a certain cut for everything except it’s yield its best to just grow that cut rather than try to hunt down a heavy yielding version, and I only say that because this day and age yield is only something the grower appreciates. The consumer doesn’t want giant forearm size buds and they don’t care how large or small the yield is, they just want to get starched, and they want that look and that smell and that taste. It seems like the super elite cuts are for the most part low yielders. But they make up for it with thier exceptional flavor and quality.

5 Likes

I agree with the point on low yielders. Real sour d is still a contender for my favorite strain. But it doesn’t yield… I’d call it less than average to light. It’s also floppy, and fussy to clone and grow. Most of the “ elite “ stuff I’ve run across has some drawback of some kind. That’s the reason everyone’s always searching for the holy grail.

5 Likes

Dark Heart supposedly has the real Sour Diesel, but they don’t vend to the public anymore. So I’d have to find a dispensary that they sell to and visit that dispensary. DH is located about four or five hours north of me and they tend to do clone drops at dispensaries in their area, although I know that they occasionally do drops at dispensaries in SoCal, too. I’m really not looking, though, because I don’t care that much. I’ve got a ton of seeds. The next time I’m up north, I’ll probably peruse dispensary menus and see if I can find their Sour Diesel somewhere, maybe pick some up if it’s not too far out of the way.

Dark Heart’s Sour Diesel is probably the only one I’d trust to be legitimate. But they’re clones and I’m vehemently anti-bringing clones into my garden, although I’d make an exception for a legit SD clone.

Yields don’t matter to me. Neither does “the consumer.” The general public is mostly filled with morons. “Elite” cuts or whatever don’t matter to me, either. I’ve yet to not find something amazing in any of my runs. As long as you’re fucking with reputable breeders, it’s pretty easy to find at least a couple incredible plants every grow. I honestly can’t think of anything I’ve grown that didn’t turn out really, really good. The Purple NL2 from last run probably qualifies, but that’s about all I can think of offhand.

2 Likes

@minitiger interesting listen on the history of the (s)our diesel, it definitely turned sour

4 Likes

It’s two hours long!!! Haha. I’ll try to give it a listen at some point. I’ve gotta change the carbon filters in both tents today and do just a general scrub down of both tents and the room itself before the current grow starts to get serious. Maybe I’ll listen to it then.

1 Like

Yeah it’s lengthy but I nerd out on this stuff so I found it entertaining, you don’t need to watch the video just the audio is enough. Sounds like the perfect time to listen whilst cleaning mate

4 Likes

Which strains you got? And would you be willing to share or trade ? I’m 30 mins north of malibu

How much time do you have?

I’m always open to trading or whatever, but the fact that you just joined OG five days ago makes me leery. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen your handle on any of the other forums, either. If somebody who I’m familiar with and who I trust wants to vouch for you, then that’s a different story. But as it is, nah, I’m not interested in trading. Sorry, dude.

3 Likes

Leery of what?
We live in a legal state?
On other forums I have a different handle…and i don’t know who you trust on here so… ?
I dont know how long you’ve been growing but I had a seed company CALI GOLD GENETICS untill most of my shit burned up in the Thomas fire.
I’ve bred several strains that have earned some acclaim.
Grape diesel, nigerian kush, topa mountain purple Thai, cherry cough syrup, double blue dream are a few of them.
I have strains in several books, I had a thai strain on the cover of Skunk magazine. I’ve had articles in Skunk mag. If you type in myles cali gold in the search box you will find some people discussing an article I wrote.

But it’s all good man, all the best to you.

I googled “Myles_CaliGold” last night and the only thing that came up was an extremely negative review (written by you, I guess?) of some dispensary on weedmaps. Most dispensaries suck, so I’m not faulting you for the review, I’m just saying… Feel free to let me know what your handle is on other sites, I’ll check it out.

I’m just being cautious, dude. Anybody who just shows up and starts asking about trading seeds five days after joining OG and shit, I’m gonna be leery of. Call me old school, but I always appreciate a little decorum.

4 Likes

@minitiger @Myles_CaliGold any seed trades done on my thread will have to forward the commission of 2 seeds per pack to the Fatty Roots farm haha

5 Likes

All was calm with the ladies

Next minute

Had to tuck them in to bed early at 3pm, rainy season is approaching

16 Likes

Ok clones are getting boring time to see what’s in the beans. I was planning on doing a pheno hunt then a possible seed run but I have to be realistic with my space so just going to try and germinate 2 & 2 and pray for females. Both are friend’s crosses:

ECSD S1

PURPLE HAZE X EBOLA X GSC

Currently soaking in some river water and a splash of hydrogen peroxide

6 Likes

Nice! I’m so down to watch those ECSD’s especially.

What’s Ebola? Don’t think I’ve ever heard of that strain. Kind of a weird name choice…

1 Like

I asked the same question mate…

2 Likes

Always a great listen with this guy, really humble and knowledgeable. A Free Born Selections seed purchase would be nice in the future.

3 Likes

Good luck finding them. Those seeds always sell out friggin’ quick. I’ve got two packs of the Skycuddler Kush f3, gonna plant some September 1. I’ll have to listen to that podcast; I don’t know much about meangene, but I like his IG posts.

2 Likes