Balcony with a view and Fatty's Live Vinegar House

Chiapos for me, if I was to move. Edit…Chiapas

Bueno suerte,

Whatever you do…Ian. Keep in touch.

https://www.google.com.pa/search?q=chiapas+mexico&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-pa&client=safari

4 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy thanks for the kind words mate, yeah been a bit rough lately. Moved out from home, found a little apartment to live and sharing time with our daughter. It’s hopefully just a temp thing, I’m definitely going to do my best to pull my head in a bit.

@Heliosphear doing my best bro, had to get rid of all my plants which stung a little but a small sacrifice to make things right in the long run.

I made sure Yoda kept one cut of the space weed though. Bless mate

@Panamajock thanks for the tip mate, I hope everything is good down there.

Pura Vida

I really appreciate all you homies reaching out, OG is a good spot. I wanted to post something the last couple of weeks but haven’t had my head on and seen a lot of arguing and negative stuff in threads lately so stayed incognito. Unfortunately the puppies all died from distemper, it’s rough for dogs in Latin America. I’ve never met one that lived past 10.

So bit of a shitty patch but on the up and up I started bottling my vinegar today and it tastes better than I could have hoped. Just waiting on the super slow designer with my labels and it’s time to launch.

Mango

Banana

12hr shift today bottling so a well earned IPA and a hogs leg to the head coming up… the new Rick and Morty episode should compliment that well

Side note: btw that’s hand rolled for all you out there I see rolling shockers haha

Gone from 4 to 5 sessions a day to just one at night, change is nice sometimes… been waking and baking for 30 years

19 Likes

Extremely pleased to know you and fam are safe and OK, my condolences on the pups. Excellent yoda tattoo, I hope you get your labels soon, your vinegars are looking great.

hangs the hammock back up and falls fast asleep to dream about the cool wildlife pictures the dude is going to post

Be good to yourself.

7 Likes

Thank you my friend :slightly_smiling_face:. Even though I’m in an apartment I’ve still got iguanas, humming birds, woodpeckers and lots of beautiful butterflies around, Costa Rica always delivers in that sense

The Millennium Falcon being chased by TIE fighters on the forearm is my favourite part

8 Likes

Things always come around bruv… keep cool… sorry bout the stresses

4 Likes

My feelings… This affects a lot…
Glad you’re busy, these vinegars are beautiful, it’s going to be a hit. As you said, the flavor too, they were made with love…
Hugs and sending out positive vibes…

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, @FattyRoots. It’s good to see you back. I’m sorry all the news isn’t great, but it sounds like you’re heading in the right direction with your head in a better place.

Man! I wish it was reasonable to obtain your vinegar here in the States! Even without labels, that looks delicious! I’m guessing the pride that comes from completing such a monumental task like making your homemade vinegars couldn’t have come at a better time for you.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Thank you bro

Words from the wise mate

4 Likes

Obrigado manu

Sorry for not replying to your pm… I personally wouldn’t use molasses in the vinegar process, it will definitely affect the colour and the sugar works better for osmosis and ferments a lot better. But I’m sure using molasses will give you a nice product for the home where the colour is not so important.

Bless bro

3 Likes

Thanks again mate, yeah trying to stay busy… it definitely helps.

I was just saying to @CADMAN that I wish this country had a postal service so I could send you guys some samples. You’ll just have to come visit in Costa Rica:)

Mi casa es su casa hermano

5 Likes

These came this week to my Aus address, big thanks bro. Just like most of the seeds that I’ve been sent I will gift half the pack to some mates down under and preserve the rest for when I get to Mexico next year.
Greatly appreciated

9 Likes

Awesome man! Glad you received them!

3 Likes

Got busy this week and bottled 1065 up, I’ll have the labels next week. Got farmers markets lined up 4 days a week so time to hustle.

Pineapple

Papaya

Watermelon

Guanabana or Soursop… probably my favourite

Pura Vida

Star Fruit is coming in for the next batch

13 Likes

This is the patch where I dumped the waste… mango fest

12 Likes

Hey buddy, I can’t help but warn you about star fruit.
“The fruit contains a substance called caramboxin, which causes problems for those living with a chronic kidney disease. That’s because, in these cases, when the kidneys are already losing the ability to filter substances, caramboxin is not eliminated and the accumulation can cause toxicity neurological, leading to symptoms such as vomiting, seizures, mental confusion, coma and, in rare cases, leading to death. For those who have kidney problems, guidance on consuming carambola has to be decided together with a health professional. need to worry about it.”
source: Clarissa Hiwatashi Fujiwara, nutritionist…

8 Likes

@Gugumelo Thank you mate, I had no idea it could lead to health issues. That’s great information, I wonder if the caramboxin still carries over during the fermentation process but probably not worth the risk. I guess I would have to warn people before hand but I think I might just skip it all together.
Good looking out bro

5 Likes

One step closer…

17 Likes

Damn that’s nice! :smiley: I wish I could buy a few of each

3 Likes

Looking good, for sure. Super-legit. 40 bucks a bottle at Whole Foods haha.

2 Likes

@Oldtimerunderground @minitiger mucho gracias

Haha, I’m thinking $6 or 4 for $20.

3 Likes