Balcony with a view and Fatty's Live Vinegar House

The two on the right, what are they?
Do they both throw 3 bladed leafs all the way up?

2 Likes

They are both pineapple express, yeah they are weirdos. The guy who gave me the cuts said they will do exactly that

The bigger fan leaves are 5 blades

4 Likes

Snuck a few lowers out of the main jar early before the finished cure of the ‘not purple’ purple kush, really loud terps that are still changing… one day it’s straight gas today it smells like ripe bananas and molasses. Happy Saturday smoke sesh OGers, I need this as this week outside humidity jumped from 48% humidity to 92% in one day due to heavy rain, we are months off expecting any and I got caught out hard on pm. My Mimosa turned white but not in a good way…

11 Likes

Maybe I missed it earlier, but does your balcony face north?

2 Likes

It faces straight west mate so unfortunately misses the morning sun. I really need to fix my fence so no one can see in and that way I can move the girls in to the yard, I have 3000m2 of land so it’s no cheap project. The struggles that come with growing in just a few hours of direct light is getting old though so might have to pull the credit card out soon.

4 Likes

Might as well buy a LED to supplement light instead.
Much less hassle.

1 Like

My semi transparent roof is almost as bright as an LED but it’s more the direct photosynthesis I’m lacking, if I had a grow tent or room I’d agree with you but the LED light will be lost on my balcony. My veging plants do come in at night for supplemental light

12 Likes

With all the stress pressures different environments can throw at you, I like to try to take positives out of the negatives by logging notes on what cultivars show resistance. This 818 Headband fended off a mite invasion as well as a 50% humidity jump with no signs of any issues… that’s a keeper in my books, smelling a treat too :call_me_hand:t4:

13 Likes

Don’t discount bamboo for your fence project. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

More visitors today :monkey_face:

8 Likes

Crazy. Do they ever try to mess with your plants? Or do they stay away from the house?

1 Like

The howlers are only interested in the mangos but I don’t trust the smaller white face cappuccinos, last season they came down to ground level to face of with me and my dogs… one was banging a tree with a big stick staring me straight in the eye, it was like a scene from the planet of the apes haha

13 Likes

7 Likes

Interesting on the corn husks…I give that a try.

Ye no perlite here , I collect the Volcanic rocks around this Volcano and break it down …might try some husks in the next mix…

Ye the volcanic rock (pumice) got Silca in it as well…

Ciudate

Your plants are looking great

10 Likes

That’s a great resource, I’m sure it charges your soil nicely. I collect similar stuff from the river out the back of my house.

The husks are actually rice husks mate, I’m sure you can source them too. How’s your tropical trees coming along? I bet those lucky charms are doing nicely

4 Likes

I did mean that …rice husks…ye things going ok just now …I got two females from the LC out of four …one of the males was huge …

I will post u some pics once there some bigger bud on them.

Started seven Bangi Haze (ace seeds) couple of weeks ago and pleased to say they all came through…and growing well.

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/bangihazestd.html

Gongolese and supposed to be real strong on the mould situation,which we get here some months.hate losing plants to mould.

Had some real shit weather last week…but seems to have settled.

6 Likes

I was going to ask you that, if you got the same weather. Humidity went through the roof, it was raining like September. La niña has been unpredictable, stay dry mate

2 Likes

That monkey would get a good taste of my bang stick! :joy:

I was almost attacked by a Goose with goslings once. I was pretty nervous and backing up, until I went over a large stick and picked it up. Come get some now stupid bird! :triumph:

There were too many people around the river to draw attention with a loud bang, and the legal implications would have been rough. If I would have clubbed that wretched thing though, it would have been inconspicuous.

6 Likes

Geese, swans, large peacocks etc are all potentially aggressive fuckers I’m not a fan

4 Likes

I love it man! I haven’t seen curb your enthusiasm for years! Good call. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes