Balcony with a view and Fatty's Live Vinegar House

Jaguars can do whatever they want to!

I’m pretty sure all creatures can swim. Cats usually prefer not to, some less than others.

I think your sauciness from last week rubbed off on me. :rofl:

3 Likes

@Swe-can wins the prize jaguar is correct, the award is going to get the flip flops you left on the beach with the car keys haha

6 Likes

Yeah, as soon as I typed that, I was like,”I’m certain I’ve seen nature shows of big cats swimming…” That thing looks like it’s sizing up the chick on the surfboard, to be honest.

4 Likes

It must think she looks tasty.

Big cats a freaking scary man. Ive been torn into by a house cat before. Its no fun. Can you imagine what one of those would be like?

3 Likes

I’ve seen documentaries where jaguars jump in the water and catches caymans ( crocodile right?) no problemos!!

Those cats are crazy !!

Well thank you @FattyRoots
I do need new flip flops :rofl::rofl: keep the keys thou

6 Likes

Jaguars swim all the time and tigers have been known to attack people in boats. I watch a lot of nature shows with my cats. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

That’s why you supposed to be carrying a .357 or 50cal with you all the time :rofl::rofl::v:

4 Likes

Dont go here

8 Likes

I was thinking that jaguars were the large cat that were fairly comfortable in the water, but I was not sure.

Good call gentlemen.

3 Likes

Getting ready to transplant this weekend, transferring to 3 gallon smart pots which is going to be a game changer especially with the wet season approaching and soil never drying out. Going to tweak my soil mix a little and would love some advice.

Soil mix
1/3 Rice husks
1/3 Worm Castings
1/3 Peat moss

Dry amendments
2 cups(1 white + 1 grey) of rock dust
1/4 cup wood ash (unsure of that amount)
3 tbsp sea bird quano
Handful of bokashi bran
Handful of malted barley

Around 30 red wriggler worms
Rock layer on the base for drainage
Rice Husk mulch layer on top

I was adding lime stone but after talking to @Tinytuttle I think I’ll leave it up to the worms. Plus the guano is heavy on calcium.

I know it would be a better mix with crab meal kelp meal, green sand, oyster shells etc but that stuff is hard to come by in these parts. I’m waiting on an order of BioLive to arrive but until then this is all I have to work with. I would appreciate knowing what you guys think especially the soil gurus out there @Tinytuttle @Badger @ReikoX

Wood ash

Rock 'dust (blanco)

Rock ‘dust’ (gris)

Bokashi

8 Likes

Should work pretty well. Work with what you have. You can always top dress as things become available.

6 Likes

That’s the way to do it, good advice. Have you ever used wood ash? And if so do my ratios look ok?

I’m also aware 3 gallon pots are not ideal for ‘living soil’ but with flipping them small on the rotating harvest I have going and also having to always move pots I feel it’s a good size.

4 Likes

Looking good @FattyRoots from my personal experience 33% has seemed high for me at times they are very dense if I were to guess maybe 10-15 percent is what I use personally bumping like the peat or compost a bit more with the worm addition your ratios over time will always be increasing over time every thing else looks awesome!

4 Likes

:surfing_woman: Dude it’s a nice assed surfer girl! WTF! :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I feel honored to be included with those 2 gentlemen. I am still just a student on soil mixes for sure. Im fortunate to have the resources to be able to pretty much copy coots mix.

I’ll be happy to pass anything along that I can in the next convey.

3 Likes

I used three gallon airpots off and on for a few years and never had an issue with them. In fact, I got the best yield:soil ratios in those.

2 Likes

Thanks mate, are you saying maybe lower the percentage of EWC and up the Peat and rice husks ratio? So maybe 20%(EWC)/40%/40%

3 Likes

I lived in Scandinavia for 8 years and this ain’t the first time I’ve seen a dude staking out ready to pounce on some Northern European booty :joy:

4 Likes

That’s what I would do personally.

4 Likes

I think that’s actually a great call @Tinytuttle because that ratio that works in Oregon for Coots isn’t built for the tropics. I know peat moss is quite low in ph so hopefully 40% doesn’t take me below 6ph, that’s my only concern.

3 Likes