Banquos Basement

That mango smile x zamaldelica express sounds like it gonna be a corker! I grew the ZE before, beautiful plant, and wanted to take over the house besides. :+1:

2 Likes

Love the thought of growing together! I’m gonna clear out my tents real soon here, and I’ll be in touch. Never grown grinspoon, but always wanted to try it out. I have a plethora of seeds we could pop too. :wink:
Sounds like a great idea.

3 Likes

Annnnnnd it’s begun. Started digging around in my reg auto drawer and found the vial with the Mango Smile x Zamaldelica Express F1 seeds. I could have swore I had 5 or 6 in there, but really there were only 4. So that’s what it is. Maybe some day I’ll do a proper seed run with a full pack of seeds and have enough plants to do an actual selection, rather than having to cross fingers and toes and hope all the plants in a given run aren’t the same sex across the board. #goals

I gotta get their pots ready this morning. All I’ve got is that Great Lakes Water Only super soil, and I think it might be a little too hot for sprouts. So I’ll probably use a little bit of this Fox Farm soil mix I made for our outdoor container garden to make a buffer zone for the sprouts. It’s Happy Frog, Ocean Forest, and Strawberry Fields mixed, with Happy Frog making up about half of the total volume of the mixture. It seems to have been good to our veggie sprouts, so I’m hoping it’s good to my other sprouts too.

Awwwwwwww yeeeaaaaaaah! Definitely wanna make some kinda plan with this one, since it can go for SO dang long. I’m stoked someone has shown interest so quickly. Even with my first attempt at it going so poorly, I totally enjoyed the experience of growing this cultivar. I’m really looking forward to giving it another shot.

I need to pick 1-2 fem autos to get going in the next couple days. I’m hoping to time it so that these fem autos are pushing into full on flower right around when these photos are done. That’ll allow me to move the autos into the big tent so they can finish under the better quality light. Don’t get me wrong, that little Spider Farmer I have in the 2x2 is a badass little light. But, badass as it is, it doesn’t compare to the HLG in the 2x4. That B-Spec hits the plants different. Dangit. Got sidetracked really badly there. My point was, I need to start some fem autos. If you have gifted or traded with me and remember what you sent, and if it was fem auto, let me know. I’d like to run an OG project and get some pics posted for others to see.

Okay, I think that’s it. This thread is slowly becoming something like the ravings of a madman, albeit a madman who thinks he can grow cannabis :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

My point was, I need to start some fem autos. If you have gifted or traded with me and remember what you sent, and if it was fem auto, let me know.

I sent you a butt ton of fem autos :wink:

5 Likes

You sure as heck have. I was looking at my fem auto drawer just now and that Candy Mintcakes x Blackstrap caught my eye. Obviously it’s basically impossible to find anything close to positive about Gas Reaper Genetics, or at least anything written within the last 6 months. And despite the controversy surrounding them, it looks like a really solid auto.

I’ll have to see what else you’ve sent me. If there’s something else that isn’t a Blackstrap cross I’ll set it aside. I’m apprehensive to do a full run of Blackstrap crosses, because I’ve never experienced it, but at the same time it would be a really cool experiment to see how dominant the Blackstrap genes are over the stuff you crossed it to. Hmmmm…

I keep looking at this vial with 5 Triangle bag seeds in it. That stuff was SO good, and I can’t get that same cut anymore. Plus I’ve got this Colin OG bag seed that came outta some big fire. And then there was that Grapefruit Durban too. I dunno. Might be a bag seed grow on the horizon. :thinking:

4 Likes

Blackstrap S1 auto by @hollyho starting to turn purple right away in preflower. Seems weird to me that she’s being so slow, but maybe she’s just really happy and isn’t in a hurry to finish. She sure looks happy. Today is day 63, I think, give or take a day. Never had an auto go this long and not be all the way into flower.

We’ve had some decent rain the past few days, and I was able to collect some of it to put in 1 of my 5 gallon water jugs. So I think I’m gonna water with rain water, no additives, and then next time do RO water with the usual Fish Sh!t and Mammoth P. I filtered the rain water with coffee filters, so at least all the floaties are gone, and I haven’t noticed a film on the surface or anything. And I collected it with a kiddie pool away from anything that could drip into it, so no bits of roof shingles or weird stuff from trees. Hopefully they respond well to it. I gave them all a decent drink last night, so I’ll have an idea when the light goes on in a few hours. I know it would take a couple days for anything to really show, but if they look happy today I’ll feel better about it over the next couple days.

Still gotta get those Mango Smile x Zamaldelica Express babies moved out of the dome and into the 2x2. All 4 sprouted and are standing on their own. They might get a little stretchy since I waited so long to transplant them into their pots, but oh well. Like I always say about my stretchy plants, at least they’ll be easy to water.

Lemon Carver is doing fantastic, when I manage to water her on time. I can’t seem to keep her hydrated well enough, so about once a week I go in to look and she’s halfway to wilted. Incredibly drought sensitive plant I guess. The Pure Michigan 2.0 S1 should have been culled. That plant is a piece of garbage and if I had more gumption, I’d go yank it today and start something else. But I don’t, so I won’t. It’s just weak and isn’t gonna yield enough to be “worth it” for the amount of time and resources spent on it. Live and learn I guess. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Pretty much why I’ve followed along. Keep it coming :rofl:

3 Likes

Imagine knowing someone like me IRL, and what the text messages and phone calls would be like. Yikes :flushed:

2 Likes

For anyone following along on the Blackstrap S1 from @hollyho, here she is. I’ve given up trying to remember day count, but I do remember that she sprouted around May 7-9th. 75-ish days I guess? She sure is getting pretty though. The way that purple is creeping up the leaves… I love it. I think in the first pic you can see some purple pistils, which is pretty gnarly. This is possibly the happiest plant I’ve grown yet, and I think she’s gonna be a serious contender for prettiest plant too. I’ve been giving the plants rain water and they seem to really love it. It’s been almost 2 weeks now and I haven’t seen any negative reactions in any of them. Even the weirdo Pure Michigan 2.0 S1 seems to be stepping it’s game up a little bit.

8 Likes

Super short update. The Mango Smile x Zamaldelica Express F1 sprouts are wacky looking. Not sure if it’s user error, or if they’re just genetic weirdos. I’m thinking the former, since 4/4 being screwball seeds is unlikely. I probably left them under the dome for a day or so too long, or the super soil they’re in is too hot for them, or its too dry in the tent. Who knows. I’ll (possibly) get a picture or two in the next couple days to post here. More than likely not, since I don’t like to share pics of stuff I don’t like to look at my damn self, but maybe they’ll surprise me and straighten out a little in the coming days. If they stay fucked up, and its obvious they’re genetic weirdos, I will not be making seeds with them, although I probably will grow out at least 1 female to see how she finishes, and sample the smoke.

Next post will have some more Blackstrap S1 pictures. Purple is starting to creep further down each leaf blade that its on, and its getting really dark. She might go all the way to black, which would look SO cool. Super stoked on this plant y’all.

3 Likes

Bahaha!! Nope, gotta share em all :joy:

Yep, damn near black. Keep an eye on her when you start bucking her down. There was a beautiful red color where the buds touched the stem. I never noticed it while it was growing. The contrast of that bright pinkish red against that deep purple is really outstanding!

2 Likes

I can’t believe I friggin won something!!! And it’s something I need very badly, at that. My current clip fans are just about done for, so this is right on time. I think I was just talking to someone not very long ago about needing new clip fans. I’m so happy about this.

Once they arrive I plan to do a whole thing with pictures and gratitude and thank yous to VivoSun. I’ll probably tag them too, since I’ll have some of their hardware in my tent permanently now. Don’t get me wrong, I use my heat mat and sub pump by them, every chance that I get. But they aren’t permanent fixtures in my tent.

Blackstrap S1 looking happy as heck. I love this little plant, and I’m really excited to smell some terps soon, now that she’s making resin.

NewBerry Auto after 11 months in the jar, 5/11 months with a Boveda pack in the jar. Terps are still strong, but I will say that after 3-4 hits of a bowl, it really starts to taste like an ashtray. But, honestly, the potency is still really good, and the smell is fantastic. Tastes like blueberry muffins mostly, but there is a serious “sour” there too. Never woulda thought I’d ever be able to hang onto some bud for almost a year, but here it is. There’s more than this bud, it was just one of the nicer looking buds in the jar :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

August 3rd!? But I want you to have the fans now…

4 Likes

It would be awesome if they did arrive a day early. Tracking says they’re in Minnesota already, so they might arrive tomorrow. However it plays out, I’m really excited to get them into the tent and moving some air.

A funny bit of non-cannabis stuff. Our cat Peppa managed to sneak out about a week ago. I was outside watering our veggies and I kept hearing sticks breaking in the trees alongside the driveway. It kept going for long enough that I wondered why it the heck a squirrel was breaking so many sticks. So I put the hose down and started looking. Lo and behold, about 2/3rds of the down the driveway, I look up and see this…

She made it about 12’ up, maybe 15’. But she was so scared, and it showed on her little face.

So I got my 4’ step stool and talked her down a branch or 2, then was able to grab her and get her in the house. She must have known what was going on because she never even got her claws out, even when I had her by the scruff of her neck. Kinda weird how a cat can slice you up for no reason one day, then be totally chill when you try to help them, even though they’re scared to death. Cats are weird. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Wow, she was up there!, glad it worked out safely, cheers!

1 Like

Heck yeah! Fan arrived a day earlier than expected, and I’m grateful for that. I have it clipped onto a pole so that it’s pretty much even with the canopy, and the girls seem to enjoy it so far. For some reason I was under the impression that the giveaway was for a set of 2 fans, but actually it was a single fan. No biggie, but I don’t think I’ll be able to remove all of the fans I had going prior to receiving this fan. I’m at least going to pull the 2 cheap clip fans I had before this A6 AeroWave and try to clean them without breaking them. Then maybe I’ll figure out which one moves more air and put that one back in the tent. Or maybe I won’t, I don’t know yet. Maybe the A6 and the Vornado I have in there will be enough to get the job done. :thinking:

Starting to see some resin on all 3 plants, although the Blackstrap S1 seems to be lacking. I gave all 3 plants a hefty feed last night, so hopefully that gives her the boost she needs to kick out some resin. The Pure Michigan 2.0 S1 and Lemon Carver are both frosting up nicely, but nothing too crazy, yet. Everything I’ve run from Brothers In Farms has been some dang fire, so I expect nothing less from both of these ladies. Lemon Carver was a big hit when JAT did all those PBB projects for BiF, and I remember more than a couple people sending cuts out of their winner mom plants on Discord. The potential is there, for sure.

Last and certainly not least is a mail call!

I’m so excited to get these! I’ve been drooling over the Lipsmacker pics on her thread for months. I’d give half of my pinky toe on my left foot to have one of mine turn out half as good as the plant she cloned and reversed to make these seeds. Gonna start 1 of each soaking later today. The fast photo project seeds should see some really gorgeous plants pop up. The pollen recipient from that project was crazy frosty, and the Lipsmacker pollen donor should add bulk and density to that, I’d think. Gonna be a super fun grow, and I’m ever grateful to @hollyho for sharing their work with me. Definitely one of those people that has an eye for plants with potential, and it’s so so so cool to get to be a small part of the process. Thank you, growmie.

I keep promising pictures of this Blackstrap S1 that looks so pretty… Maybe one day I’ll take a picture and share it. Maybe… no, for real though. I will get some pics up since I received that giveaway prize. I didn’t take any after clipping it in, and I feel like I should be showing it off a little bit. It’s the least I can do for a totally free prize. They didn’t even ask me to cover shipping :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Lemon Carver (Black Lemon Cake x Peanut Butter Breath) by Brothers In Farms Genetics

Pure Michigan 2.0 S1 by Brothers In Farms Genetics

Blackstrap S1 autoflower by @hollyho

Figured it would be a good time for an update since I started some seeds soaking last night, and these ladies are just past the halfway point of flowering. They’re somewhere between days 35 and 40, and the Blackstrap S1 auto is coming up on 100 days since sprout. She isn’t going to yield very much, but that’s alright. It’s been an absolute joy to watch her change and grow over the past 3+ months. 10/10 will definitely run it again, and differently. She would have been an absolute monster under “normal” auto conditions, possibly even a tent hog given the room to stretch her roots out.

So I mentioned starting some seeds soaking last night. There are 4 in total, all photoperiod and AFAIK 3 of the 4 are for sure fems, and I think the odd 1 out is too. I’ve got a Lipsmacker S1 and (Ewok x CDLC) x Lipsmacker both by Hollyho, a Peanut Butter & Jealous, and the unknown is a Lucky Charms IX. All 4 will be flowered in 5 gallon fabric pots using that Great Lakes Water Only organic super soil that I’ve been getting. I think the last bag I opened had fungus gnat eggs in it, so hopefully they don’t get super bad.

Probably won’t do any more pics until just before harvest. I have a feeling the Blackstrap S1 will come down within the next 10 or so days, unless I see something crazy and she starts to suddenly bulk up, which I doubt at this late in the game. Her trichomes are visibly turning amber, which looks super cool since most of them were purple to start with. Maybe I’ll get out my scope and see if I can get a couple decent pics with that. I haven’t done that in ages…

8 Likes

Lemon Carver

Pure Michigan 2.0 S1

Couldn’t keep these to myself. That PM 2.0 S1 has really begun to pack on the resin. And to think I almost culled her just before flip :sweat_smile:

The Lemon Carver is getting bulky and smells amazing, but her lowers aren’t gonna do much. Shoulda removed a few more nodes per branch I guess. Live and learn, right.

First one up from the group of beans I started soaking a few days ago. Lucky Charms IX looks to be next, then the PB & Jealous should come up in a day or so. The (Ewok x CDLC) x Lipsmacker didn’t pop. It got cracked in shipping and I didn’t see the crack until it had spent some time soaking. So I started one of my SSSDH x Dead Zone F1 seeds, just to see what pops up. At least I’ll get a chance to see if it’s a little more vigorous than the others, because of hybrid vigor. So even if it turns out male I’ll get to watch the veg cycle for a few weeks.

11 Likes

Those look great!

I’m kinda the opposite, don’t stop by the indoor threads often. Nice setup and plants! Going to have to spend some more time looking through this thread and looking at what strains you have been running.

Have a great day!

3 Likes

Hey Banquos, nice basement! I started reading your words on Dendros thread.
Lovely work!! Lovely set up, and very detailed.
I know next to nothing about auto’s.
I’ve run so many different mediums, starting with soil, then hydro, then pro mix, and all the variations, now I’m back to a running a bastard set up, starts off organically and finishes in Aqua 2’x2’x7.5" tray, over a 20 g reservoir, salt, tomato fertilizer, Morbloom flower juice.
Sorry, I babble. Best to ya, webe

2 Likes