Banquos Basement

Looks like I just have their twisted cookies and Orange Bubblegum. I’m excited to run them, but Ive only got 2 of each. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::+1:

1 Like

That Orange Bubblegum can get humongous, especially in hydro rigs. I’ve seen her take over most of a 2x4 tent with a ScrOG net. I definitely wanna check it out one day.

1 Like

Before defoliation

After defoliation

True herm flowers

Well, dang. There goes my favorite strain. I should have done this over a week ago, but didn’t. I guess I thought if I crossed my fingers enough and hoped hard enough, it’d end up being alright. Not how stuff works, I guess.

I’ve got something fun to replace that plant. It’s soaking now, and hopefully won’t need to go into a paper towel. I get so nervous germing that way. Those little roots are so fresh and have tiny little hairs coming off them. I’m always nervous I’m gonna damage them and stunt them before they’re even officially growing. So if they crack during the soak I’ll usually go straight to the soil after soaking.

Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyywhoooooo… The seed I’m starting is a Grape Slurri auto. I got this seed from my number 1 trading buddy. She enjoyed running it so much that she wanted me to experience it too. I totally love purple plants, so I’m looking forward to seeing what comes from this little seed. Also, I’m totally a Slurricane fan. Its been in the stores in my area the past few months, and man oh man does it hit me just right. Really dig that strain. So here’s hoping Team ROC brought some of the stuff I enjoy over from the photo side. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

I’ve done that before… sometimes it does end up alright, but more often it just ends up being what it is. At that point, it basically depends what you consider to be “alright.” :frowning: Assuming the world should perform at 100% and measuring down is a good way to guarantee that you’ll be miserable, but doesn’t accomplish much else in my experience.

Not that you could’ve done anything different in this particular case, just talking in general… with plants, pretty much the best you can do is set up the environment for them and LITFA. They’re a lot like people that way! This one has decided to be gender-neutral, is out and proud, and there’s nothing you can do but accept it and love them for who they are. Or kill them and burn the body, anyway. I do not recommend the latter with people, but you can probably get away with it this time. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Slow couple days in the Basement. Nothing much going on except moving some seeds into soil, and lots and lots and lots of thinking. Not bad thinking, but the kind that adds projects to my to-do list and forces me to reevaluate the importance of the projects I already have written down. That’s the best kind of thinking, right?

I’m probably gonna be looking for some pollen for part of this Grape Slurri. For one, I don’t want to lose the genetics because this is the only seed I have for this cultivar. And I have a feeling this particular plant is gonna be special. Seeds given to me by friends are like gifts with sentiment behind them, and I always cherish plants from gifted seed.

I think that about covers everything going on in the basement. Oh, not quite. The autoflower clone experiment I’m working on. No roots yet, but I’m giving it clean water with a shot of SLF-100 each day. It isn’t shooting roots, yet it isn’t dying either. It’s just kinda hanging there in stasis. Hopefully I see some little nubs today. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

No root shoots on the little clone project yet. It’s been 4 or 5 days now, I think. I’m willing to keep it around as long as it doesn’t die, but some roots would be cool so I could plant it in some soil. I wonder if the water is too cold or something? I’ve seen people plop cuttings into straight RO water and get roots that way, so it’s gotta work. Right?

Not a whole heckuva lot going on otherwise. Just waiting on seeds to break the surface, and tending my baby pepper plants. Dang they’re slow when they’re brand new. At least for me they are. Does anyone reading along here have experience with veggie plants? Can I train pepper and tomato plants like we do with cannabis, to control plant height? I’ve never run them indoors, so I’ve never really had cause to play around with them like that.

Lastly, but not least-ly, I wanna say thank you to the few of you who responded to my post about wanting some pollen. I hoped maybe 1 person would get at me about it, but really like 4 or 5 of you stepped up with some sweet offers. Thank you so much for that. The generosity of this community never ceases to amaze me. :pray::pray::pray:

Chem Cookies testers from Twisted Tree Autoflowers

Cheese Cookies auto reg from the same breeder

The Cheese Cookies was the first to sprout, and 2 of 3 testers are up. I think I see a bump on top of the soil for number 3, so hopefully it doesn’t fall behind. The Grape Slurri auto still isn’t up either, but should be in the next 24 hours or so. I’m really excited for that one.

I’ll be back with pics and an update of the big girls later on tonight. Twisted Puppy needs another haircut really badly, and I’m considering putting a super-cropper plastic bendy clip thingy on the NewBerry Auto. Her branches are keeping up with the main top so well that I kinda want to push them with a good hit of Auxin hormone and see if some of the MANY secondary branches can make it a little further up. She’s still just barely in preflower at day 32 (I think 32, give or take a day), I’m kinda impressed. Usually I’m starting to see “pompoms” around day 30-35, so this is different for my tent.

Hope y’all are having a kickass Friday. :metal:

3 Likes

Grape Slurri Auto

NewBerry Auto with super cropper clip

Twisted Puppy after heavy defol

The Grape Slurri auto has sprouted! Woo! Can you imagine Ric Flair growing weed? I can, and it’s hilarious :joy:

Did some defol on the big girls last night. Added a super cropper clip to the NBA main top. She straightened back up already, so I might have to move the clip or add a second clip. The Twisted Puppy is so short and branchy, she’s a pain to groom. She does seem to be getting taller, which will be nice since it’ll allow more room to work. Decided she needed a clip on her main too, so she also got one.

I’m really excited that neither of these bigger plants is in full on flower yet. It looks like the NBA might be about to go all the way, which is fine. She needs to be ready for pollen in about a week, so hopefully she’s moving in that direction.

Have a great weekend OGs

5 Likes

I gotta stop playing with seeds when I get bored. I keep doing stuff under the label of “experimentation” to justify having too many plants. Like the 3 seeds I started yesterday in solo cups because I wanted to try out my new seed cracking method. So, naturally, I have to plant a couple that I cracked, and it can’t be an experiment without a control group, so I had to start one without cracking it. I have issues.

So now I have 3 Pentagram F1’s starting in solo cups. Pentagram is my polyhybrid holy grail, or I guess unholy. It’s a 5 strain mashup, so kinda like a mystery freebie, except on purpose. I think I told the story once before about how I pollinated a Heisenberg x 3BOG female with pollen from a Space Wiz male. I did the pollination at 3:00 am on Easter Sunday, and harvested the seeds on a moonless night. Really shooting for something truly evil with this project. :japanese_ogre::smiling_imp::skull_and_crossbones:

The big girls are moving right along. Adding the super cropper clip to the NewBerry Auto seems like it did exactly what I hoped it would, although not to the extent I hoped. Her main branches shot up higher than the main cola (win) and some of her secondary branches are getting up to canopy level (win). The Twisted Puppy is still a shorty, but she’s trying. I almost can’t keep up with all the defol she needs, which is a good problem to have I guess. Gonna go in tonight and remove a few more blocking leaves and see if she can get a little more height. They’re finally starting to move into full preflower now, should be good to receive some pollen in a week or so. I have some more fem auto pollen coming from a breeder friend of mine for a strain called Blueberry Wine, which should pair nicely with my NBA. Soooooo, you know what that means… NewBerry Wine will need testing. :wink:

Nothing much else to report on. The testers in the little tent are doing their thing. Peppers are also doing okay, although 1 of them has some really light leaves, so I’m wondering what I messed up there already. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You’re gonna have to work hard… you only have 8 days to kill these seedlings in a truly spectacularly fashion, and then bring them back to life on All Hallow’s Eve. Then, perhaps, you can really claim evil. Right now it’s just a weird F2 polyhybrid cross. :stuck_out_tongue: Remember: kill them by the light of the full moon, amend the soil with the blood of as many adult virgins as you can find (chickens are an acceptable substitute since you won’t be able to find any) and then figure out a way to reanimate them at midnight on Halloween. You have your mission, should you choose to accept it!

2 Likes

Does soil from a freshly dug grave count as an amendment?

4 Likes

No, not at all. Soil from a decades-old grave might, if we were talking about nutritional amendments… in the end, compost is compost, wherever it comes from. You’re amending the soil with virgin blood though, I thought it was implied that this was for black magic… that’s also why you pollinated them on Easter Sunday, right? So you can make zombies? If not, one of us is very confused here.

1 Like

I think we’re at least reading from the same book. Zombies, demons, ghouls, heck even a mummy. If I grow a plant and any one of those things shows up, great success :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been doing some pondering on my next run, which then evolved into my next project. There’s so much I want to do, so many regs to run. Which seriously gives me fits of anxiety because I get analysis paralysis, which leads to poor decisions. So, here I am, talking this out so I can actually see what I’m thinking. Feel free to share input if you’re reading this mess.

Project “Mango Zam”

I received some vials of reg auto seeds in a trade I made about a year ago. Not here, some place else. The vials were all Zamaldelica Express hybrid crosses. The one that spoke to me the loudest was Mango Smile x Zamaldelica Express. I rrreeeaaallllllyyy want to grow these out and take it to F2. The handful of friends I have online all reaaaalllllly want me to make F2’s as well. It’s currently at the top of my project hit-list.

Project “XenoBerry Nuggets”

The other contender is another F1 hybrid cross, but not from the Zamaldelica Express group. Ripley’s OG x Strawberry Nuggets. This one was originally selected by the same friend that did the original selection to create “Space Wiz” that I sent out a couple weeks ago. This was the other project he handed off to me. I was talking to a close friend last night and we landed on the project name, which beat out Xtrawberry Face-Hugger and Xtrawberry Nuggetx. I… ummmm… I’m not very creative, okay? :sweat_smile:

Please please please feel free to share ideas, give advice, sign up for testers, or just wish me luck. Mango Zam isn’t gonna be an easy one, but I think the end result will be something unique and even useful in the autoflower community. Geez. What would I even do if I DID actually end up with something awesome? :thinking:

3 Likes

Analysis paralysis you say?

I like the Alien themed naming convention, but it sounds like in your heart you really want the MangoZam.

Both great sounding projects. You could always double up on basements, equipment, time, and effort and do both projects at the same time.

2 Likes

I’m converting the room my tents are in, actually. If I do it right, I should have around double the floor space for containers. Currently running in a 2x4 and a 2x2, but the converted area will be about 4x8, or roughly thereabouts. I gotta wait to move plants into the area until I can light it properly, but that shouldn’t be too long. I’m gonna shoot for the moon when I request the next light I test from Spider Farmer, so it might even happen before the new year.

1 Like

Awwwwwww yeeeeaaaaaa! Guess who showed up to the party? :partying_face: Welcome to the world, little one. Grow tall and be strong

2 Likes

Hmm. Just spitballing here… maybe Mango Zamalysis? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Good morning and happy Monday to all of you amazing and wonderful OGers. Hopefully your weekend was productive and as long as you needed it to be.

Have you ever grown something you didn’t know the name or lineage of? I have, and recently. They grew really well despite my mistakes. 1 of the 3 actually got pretty large, considering mistakes/abuse and small container size. How did I end up running something I knew nothing about? Why didn’t I know anything about the genetics, other than they were fem auto seeds? Kinda an interesting and unique story, so I’ll share it.

I was involved in a genetics trading group on Discord. I say “was” because I went totally offline earlier this year (mental health reasons) and still have not been back to any Discord groups. This group I was apart of was/is super freakin awesome. Think OG but on a much smaller scale. They do giveaways and it’s like a big ole family of growmies. Sometime in March it was decided to do a massive giveaway for 4/20. There were so many donations, it got kinda hectic. There was one dude that donated a few groups of “mystery” fem auto seeds, which I ended up winning one of. The group I received was named “Charlie”, as the person who donated them didn’t know the lineage of them either.

Once winners were announced, he reached out to me for my shipping info and gave me the back story on how he came to have these mystery autos. IIRC, someone he knows works for or owns a share in a company that sets up large scale (1,000+ plants) commercial grows. He said they do everything from actual construction and land layout to providing and planting seeds. Well, sometimes people have their own genetics that they want to run entirely or partly, and seeds can’t go back in to the stockroom once they go out, so they’re frequently left with literal piles of seeds that are suddenly homeless.

That’s pretty much it. I honestly don’t know a dang thing about this bud I’m now smoking. I know it was a breeze to grow, even for a noob like me. It smokes really good, like really really good. There seems to be 2 distinct flavors when I smoke it. The most common is kinda a sweet berry mixed with floral, maybe kinda lilac-ey flavored. The other, which I prefer, is more savory and almost skunky, with an herbal back-note.

I messed these plants up pretty badly early on. I was bottom watering in plastic pots, using MegaCrop, with no enzymes or top watering to flush out the salt buildup. Ignorance is bliss… until it isn’t. I’ve messed up so many plants this exact same way over the last year. :sweat_smile: I think I’ve got it down now, though. The last round of plants I did this to was brutal. I don’t even like to talk about it, but it’s funny so I do. I messed up a Dr. Grinspoon plant really badly by doing this. 101 days of flower and in the end I didn’t even want to smoke the flower. My wife rendered around a pound of Grinspoon to infuse with some coconut oil. So now I have these capsules that leave me feeling totally zooted. Lesson learned I guess. Thankfully I still have a couple Grinspoon beans left. I will run her again.

I guess that’s about it for this morning. I’m tossing around the idea of making an early morning post daily, and calling it “Breakfast with Banquo in the Basement” or something with lots of “B” words. Sounds fun, but I’m one of those people that wakes up on 10/10, and usually with a full conversation in my mind already. I might be a morning person, I think.

2 Likes

Sounds kind of stylish.

5 Likes