Barefoot And Blazed's Benevolent Buds

Musty, dank funk.

I’ve only grown one other Cheese cross (Strawberry Cheesecake: Widow x Cheese x Chronic) and this is funkier. I like the smell a lot and am looking forward to tasting it!

7 Likes

Very nice looking buds! :v::peace_symbol::call_me_hand::green_heart::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I spent a couple hours working in the garden today.

GG4 x Black Domina pheno #4 is the slowest and most compact of the three I’m growing. I gave it a good clean up and have a new appreciation for the buds it is growing.

Pheno #1 up front with part of #4 in the back.

Lollipopped clone of pheno #4. It will go into flower as soon as I have space in the tent. The clone of pheno #5 just got too damn big and unwieldy so I gave it the axe.

The yellow is a “yo-yo” supporting the Northern Cheese Haze.

In the background you can see clone moms on the floor and the propagation chamber up top. I have cuttings in there of GG4xBlackDom pheno #1 as well as Gelato Hashplant. I dropped a few Orange Goji seeds too.

15 Likes

Two of the three Orange Goji seeds sprouted. Are those secondary sprouts coming up? Could they both be twins?

How about this Hubbabubbasmelloscope? It started showing female flowers 30 days after I planted the seed! It’s now in it’s 5th week since birth and is the largest of the three autos I have going.
EDIT: I haven’t topped any autos this round, but I did apply LST to the lowest branches of this plant to spread out the Xmas tree shape

Love the serrations!

I pulled a frosty leaf from a GG4 x Black Domina plant that is approaching harvest to check the trichomes under the microscope. Plenty of cloudy heads with one single amber. I’ll give it another week before I check again…

12 Likes

I took 6g of the Northern Cheese Haze I picked last week and pressed it. I usually use a 160 micron bag but went with 90 this time (185°, 60 second warm up, 3 minutes under pressure). The color is much lighter - almost looks like cheese!

Edit to add: I just took it out of the freezer and transferred to a jar. I was able to weigh it and the result is a 25% return (6g in, 1.5g out)!!! I’m super psyched about that. It’s too bad I have another 30 minutes of work, then errands to run before I can taste it!

15 Likes

Nice return. :clamp::sweat_drops::fire:

2 Likes

The forecast is cloudy with a chance of amber.

For the longest time I never discussed marijuana with my parents. Today I baked 6 dozen peanut butter cookie edibles, which they requested. My dad has Parkinson’s Disease and they help him relax and sleep.

18 Likes

If your dad is going to derive any benefit from cannabis, I cannot imagine a better or more knowledgeable source than you. :sunglasses: :+1:

I’m dosing my 90 year old mother with CBD to good success with her arthritis… :exploding_head:

Cheers
G

10 Likes

I chopped the Northern Cheese Haze

As well as pheno #1 of AK Bean Brains’ GG4 x Black Domina (sorry, no pic). They’re hanging to dry now.
Today I emptied several planters. I recycled some of the soil, blending it with freshly mixed media, then filled two Octopots and three fabric pots (two 7 gallons, one 5 gallon), and up-potted clones and seedlings into them.
The three Mephisto autos are getting flower nutes now. They are 6-7 weeks old.
Walter White

CannaCheese

The Hubbabubbasmelloscope is the most impressive performer so far. The sweet bubblegum smell is delicious and strong.

Group shot

16 Likes

I trimmed those two plants yesterday.

Northern Cheese Haze produced 90g (~3oz) including the 6g I had already pressed into rosin.

The GG4 x Black Domina (pheno #1) gave me almost 4.5oz but it had some surprises as well: seeds, about 20 of them. I have no male plants, but upon closer inspection I could see a shriveled male flower next to the seed pod.

I can’t say if this is genetic or due to stress. I don’t think the plants suffered but there were a couple of occasions when I left the tent open for fresh air and didn’t get it closed before normal lights out time - never for too long. I really like the plant. Pheno #1 had the best size, structure, growth rate, and flower production of the three I grew. The other two still need more maturation time but I’m not seeing male flowers there. I will continue growing this strain in hopes this was an isolated incident.

15 Likes

I found male flowers on the other two GG4 x Black Domina plants so I chopped them. Currently my flower tent has just one plant, pheno #4 of the same strain. I’m hoping the others going herm was environmental and not genetic. We’ll see with this one…
The big 4x8 has a handful of recently transplanted young ones, plus the three Mephisto autos.
HBSS is still looking great:

Walter White is developing frost:

Yesterday I spent hours making edibles to give as Christmas gifts. It’s my first time making truffles:

19 Likes

Holy shit those look good!!

3 Likes

Those look awesome. Makes this fat man hungry :joy:

3 Likes

Holy crap those look AMAZING!! Great job :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

It has been a hot minute… I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.

I chopped two of the three Mephisto autos at 73 days from seed. They are currently hanging to dry:
Hubbabubbasmelloscope

Walter White

The CannaCheese was a few days younger than those, plus it had some pH grumpiness so it needs another week or so.

The next round in veg includes: @SamwellBB Purple Poison Cookies, Gelato Hashplant, GG4 x Black Domina (phenos 1 &4)

I added a third Spider farmer SF2000 to my 5x5 flower tent. Instead of having two lights cranked to maximum, I’m running the three dimmed to 75%. No heat issues, and the plants aren’t complaining…

The big one is GG4 x BD pheno #4 which vegged a long time and has been in 12/12 a few weeks.
Those are two Orange Goji in fabric pots on the right, sex has not yet been determined. Fingers crossed for a pair of girls! The other two in back are Gelato Hashplant and GG4 x BD #1. Those all started 12/12 this weekend…

14 Likes

I expected the HBSS to provide the biggest yield, but the Walter White came out on top, 5.3oz to 4. They got too dry, despite hanging them with the fan leaves intact, so I decided to trim the CannaCheese while it’s still a bit wet. Controlling how it dries has required a lot of attention the past few days, but I really want to get this part right. They’re currently sitting at 66% humidity and we’ll slowly ease that lower.

CannaCheese produced a ton of evenly sized nuggets, sticky with trichomes

I also made some butter using a mix of ABV (11g) and decarb’ed flower (19g), with sunflower lecithin.

Not sure what I’m going to do with it yet…

17 Likes

Those are absolutely gorgeous :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Great job buddy :+1::+1:

1 Like

I used two sticks of that infused butter to make some shortbread cookies. I flavored them with lemon extract and lime zest and topped with cream cheese icing. They are quite potent!

Flower tent update:

This is the GG4 x Black Domina that vegged a long time and is the closest to harvest out of everything I’m currently growing:

Gelato Hashplant:

Group shot:

1. Gelato Hashplant (same as pictured above)
  2. GG4 x Black Domina that had a HUGE growth spurt!
  3. GG4 x Black Domina (same as pictured above)
  4. & 5. are two Orange Goji ladies (finally confirmed!)

I did some up-potting this weekend in the veg tent:
1 = Purple Poison Cookies
2 = GG4 x Black Domina
3 = Gelato Hashplant

18 Likes

Looking like you got some heat on deck! Those are some heavy hitting strains!

2 Likes