Barefoot And Blazed's Benevolent Buds

Hi Blazed. I’m new on here. Skipping around landed me here so I’ve been checking out the thread. You grow some beauties! And the camera work is very nice. You’ve a good eye.

3 Likes

nice job.

I don’ know which pheno it was but there was one of gelato was too harsh for me. The other was awesome…not sure which or if it was a breeder/dispensary issue either. Yet to grow anything myself I could not smoke. I have some of Howards f2’s …got to start some Orange Goji soon.

edit-on the bodhi gear I’d go with BT or Cobra lips

7 Likes

Welcome to OG! Thanks for stopping by. You’re also in MO, I assume?

Is that Jerry in your avatar? The face looks right, but I don’t think I ever saw his beard quite that full. I’m a long-time Deadhead. I started collecting their concert recordings in the 80s and saw GD and JGB a bunch between 1990-95 (in IL, KS, MN, WI, OH, NV and AZ).

The majority of my pics are taken with a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone because I’m lazy - but I do edit a bit before posting. Every now and then I’ll bust out my Sony RX-100 mkIII (pocket-sized, but with a great Zeiss lens) or my Canon DSLR. Most of my nice lenses for the Canon were obtained when my picture taking was farm animals (had a horse breeding ranch in Franklin County for a few years) or concerts. The lenses I own aren’t meant for close quarters in the garden or macro, but every now and then I get the bug to play with the manual settings and see what I can get the glass to do. The big camera is mostly used now to take pics of my nephews playing sports.

4 Likes

I wish I knew the exact genetics of this Gelato Hashplant clone I received from a friend. My grow buddies aren’t as anal as me when it comes to documenting strains.

I was able to test this plant before I got it. We used my DabPress to turn some of her flower into rosin (she rolls joints but her husband loves concentrates). It pressed so well with great terps and nice yield, that I knew I wanted to grow it myself. This plant is the first one I’ve brought to harvest. It has been the star of the garden. It seems to love the soil and light and nutes. The leaves have remained green the entire grow with no signs of any deficiency. I passed a clone to another friend who reports the same in his tent too. I’m happy to have four more ready to go into flower as soon as I make room!

My Orange Goji is from Howard’s F2s that went to Sebring. Can’t wait to taste it!

I’m leaning towards the Cobra Lips now since you can’t purchase it new any longer. I don’t think you can go wrong with Chemdawg x Appalachia.

6 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Blazed. That’s not the first time someone said I look like Jerry.
Yep MoBilly = Missouri Hillbilly.
The palomino filly is my newest baby out of the best mare I ever owned. Mom’s Cremello.

10 Likes

@MoBilly Where about? 60 miles south of St. Louis here. Beautiful filly!!

4 Likes

Up by Lake of the Ozarks area. Find the end of the road and you’ve almost found me.
Thanks, I’m a little bias but I agree with you on that. :slight_smile: She is a beautie to behold. She floats across the field like a cloud.

7 Likes

Nice to meet a neighbor @Joker

5 Likes

Same. We have a quite a few OG’rs here in MO.

7 Likes

I’m actually quite new to every bit of all this. Smoking, growing, forums…
I grow for medical reasons and only have one grow under my belt. I would consider it a success. I only got 14 1/2 oz from six plants but they are fire. I had a seventh may she rest in peace. sniff sniff she was so young to die such a terrible death. Oh excuse me, the pain is still fresh. :slight_smile:
I met Eagles009 on another forum. He asked me to set up over here so here I am.
I’m considering starting a journal over here. I only have three clones from the last go, but I will very soon have some beans to drop.
I’m way out of my pay grade over here around some of you guys but it might be fun for some to see me try to get my program lined out. I don’t mind a good laugh either, even if I’m the one causing the laugh. It’s all good. :rofl: :rofl: :joy:

10 Likes

Well you definitely came to the right place!! Stick around and start a log. Tons of great people here. Personally, it seems like I only learn though screwing shit up!

Sorry, @BarefootAndBlazed for going so far off topic!

6 Likes

Me as well @BarefootAndBlazed I’m not at all used to the forum protocol. Apologies.

4 Likes

Hey joker. Where’s your party around here. I’ll go bust it. LOL

4 Likes

No worries for the diversion!

We bred Missouri Foxtrotters. It’s smooth as glass riding on a gaited horse!

We sold our colts primarily to a broker out West. He created a lot of interest in folks who ride the mountain trails out there. We averaged 10-12 babies each year. Demand was so high that we’d sell them before they were broke to ride.

@MoBilly You can find Joker’s thread HERE.

7 Likes

Yep. There was a living to be had at it back a days. In the 80s I worked for Dale Easther. We were busy for sure. We supplied trail horses to outfits in the Rockies.

4 Likes

Dale didn’t let me mess with the horses much though. I rode fence and shoveled crap. He didn’t like that I rode Quarter Horses. LOL

4 Likes

After chopping an Orange Goji yesterday I shuffled plants in the flower tent a bit. The Purple Poison Cookies from @SamwellBB is loving being directly under the light now!!!

Bear in mind this is the “lettuce” pheno of PPC, and not the typical plant. It has had funky leaves its entire life.

11 Likes

Can’t wait for your smoke report on the Orange Gogi!!

2 Likes

Just got all caught up, lots of great photos!! I know of a cut of Black Domina that’s been worked a few gens by a local grower I talk to. Maybe I ought to grab it from him and compare to yours. He said heavy peppery sweet leathery terps.

4 Likes

Mine is GG4 x Black Domina. It was a freebie from AK Bean Brains when I ordered some of his stuff from JBC Seeds. My first crop had male flowers/seeds, but subsequent clones have been all lady parts so it must have been an environmental issue at the time. It’s nice to have those fem seeds from the ‘accident’ since I planted the entire pack I received from the seedbank.

I still have AKBB’s Black Domina x Starfighter cross in my stash too (along with some TK crosses, Romulan, Fast Vintage Blueberry, NL5/NL1 x Super Skunk, etc).

4 Likes