BarefootAndBlazed 2024

So frosty! :green_heart:

1 Like

Full tent. The Cavity Crush on the right stretched a lot since the last pic I posted!

It’s now day 83 since planting the Fugue State autoflower seed. She looks done but there’s still a distinct lack of amber.

The crazy curve I applied to the main cola

I don’t recall if I mentioned it here, but I’m testing some seeds for Shoreline Genetics: Death Star x Shoreline OG Bx. I planted six seeds and four are above ground and looking healthy - the other two didn’t sprout. This weekend they’ll be two weeks old at which point I can take a leaf snippet and send it to Farmer Freeman for sex testing. Hopefully I get at least a couple ladies!

14 Likes

Isn’t that Fugue State some sort of Haze-type autoflower? The White crossed with… something? Haha. Maybe she just takes a while. If she looks done, though, I’d just chop her. Trust your instincts and all that haha…

Oh, that’s cool, looking forward to seeing how those turn out for you. I’ve got a couple packs of Shoreline’s Sour Diesel bx3, first thing I ever ordered without researching it before I bought them, waited until afterwards to look at grow reports and stuff.

I’m not in any hurry to plant them… haha.

2 Likes

Amnesia Haze :grin:
I chopped it and filled my 2x4 drying tent with fragrant orange-mint-dank branches.

That made for plenty of extra space in the flower tent

Blueberry #2

Blueberry #3

Cavity Crush

The four seedlings of Death Star x Shoreline OG Bx

13 Likes

Farmer Freeman results came in and the two largest Death Star x Shoreline OG Bx seedlings are female, while the two shorties are male!

I’ll get those into Octopots this weekend.

Full tent shot. L to R: JOTI Pure Blueberry (Blueberry Muffin Edition) pheno #2, pheno #3, then a Cavity Crush.

The two Blueberry plants have a week to finish up since I’ll chop them the morning I fly out of town (day 60 of 12/12 IIRC). #3 is the clear winner for performance in the tent with great structure and lots of frost.

#2 doesn’t stack as well and the flowers are leafy by comparison.

18 Likes

I up-potted the two Death Star x Shoreline OG Bx seedlings into Octopots this morning.

Blueberry #3 is looking quite nice

16 Likes

Nice frosting and colours :kissing_heart:, a good grower and photographer is the perfect combination for my delight… beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

I’m not sure how this happened, but I’ve got information, man. Some new shit has come to light…

This grow I’ve been comparing the two Blueberry phenos (#2 & 3) to determine which mother I will keep. I was wondering why #2 didn’t look very good compared to her sister and it’s because Pure Blueberry #2 is not Blueberry at all… It’s that Karma x Rez Sour Diesel I grew a handful of times but eventually got rid of (or so I thought)!!! There must have been a labeling mistake…

The plant’s structure, leafiness in the flowers, and lack of purple and berry terps by comparison - along with the newly developed STANK of diesel brought me to this realization. Looking back at Sour Diesel pics, it became obvious.

I’m usually so careful about labeling everything - and the plant has the tag indicating Blueberry in the pot. So weird. I almost always perform my garden work sober too since I’m a bit of a spaced out stoner when I’m high.

Anyway, I had planned to chop both “Blueberries” before flying out of town this week, but that would be on day 67 of flower and the SD needs 11 weeks. Guess I’ll let it ride…

10 Likes

Well, at least now you don’t have to make any difficult choices about which Blueberry mother you’ll be keeping haha.

How’d the Sour Diesel thing turn out for you? I realize you trashed the mom, so I guess she wasn’t a keeper haha, but still… Was it any good?

3 Likes

I kept the Sour D mother around for a few grows. Ultimately, it wanted to grow too tall, too fast for my tent/style. I definitely had some bud rot in the large flower clusters…

Also, a significant number of people I hang out with don’t care for the Diesel taste and smell. I figured I’d find something different by popping some of the hundreds of packs of seeds I’m sitting on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I enjoyed the “up” buzz, but I can find that elsewhere. That Amnesia Haze x Walter White autoflower should be ready for consumption soon. I’ve vaped a few volcano bags to test and, though young, it was quite pleasant!

7 Likes

I know you grew and kept a cut of the Lemon Wookie V2 at one time. Do you remember the smells she threw? And more importantly, did it translate to the smoke?

I ask because the ones I am growing right now smell exactly like the Skunk Tangerine I grew last year. But with that plant, the smell came through in the taste. Had to give all of it away. Just couldn’t do it. So now I’m really wondering about these LW v2.

Thanks brother.

4 Likes

I’ve heard a few people talking about the Skunk Tangerine and its, uh, polarizing flavor. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The Lemon Wookie V2 definitely had the lemon thing going in the tent. I recall it was in the aroma after grinding a nug but I don’t believe it was a strong flavor on the inhale. I kept her around a while but let her go in my quest to reduce the number of moms. I enjoyed her but the desire to explore other opportunities was too great.

5 Likes

The Lemon G leaner had more of the lemon smell and taste. Wookie leaner was more lemon smelling, but not much on the inhale. Really like the Lemon G leaning smoke after a good cure. Kinda wish I had kept a cut, but space is limited and there is so much to explore. Will definitely revisit!

5 Likes

@BarefootAndBlazed @CrunchBerries either of you remember how long she goes? Day 64 and she’s not even close to finishing.

3 Likes

I’m on vacation, away from my spreadsheet to confirm exactly how long it went. I recall that the plant still had new white pistil growth when I chopped it despite the rest of the plant being mature. I want to say 10 weeks…

3 Likes

I just checked the stats and Lemon Wookie V2 averaged 74 days of flower, with an average harvest of 8oz. I do recall being perplexed that it kept pushing new growth while the rest was mature…

JOTI’s Pure Blueberry (Blueberry Muffin Edition) ended up producing 163g (5.75oz) of dried flower. The berry smell is soooo delicious!!!

Cavity Crush is coming along

Sour Diesel gets the chop this weekend. Sunday is day 77

I topped the two Death Star x Shoreline OG Bx testers a few days ago and they’ll move into the flower tent this weekend once the Diesel is down.

So I went to Denver for a week to see some Phish shows and hang out with my old group of friends from Minnesota. I moved away in 2001 and had only seen some of them a few times since. I reconnected with a friend I used to see Grateful Dead shows with in the early 90s. Hadn’t seen her in 30 years!

Denver was fun. I didn’t bring any weed so we hit a few dispensaries. I picked up flower of strains I haven’t grown or smoked but have seeds i could grow: SFV OG, Motorbreath, and Orange Push Pop. They were all good. I picked up a live rosin sativa cart from Seed & Stone that was potent and tasted wonderful. Got some 5mg mints too.

The intoxicants in the parking lot of the concerts were plentiful. Apparently anyone can buy tanks of nitrous and there were dozens of balloon vendors (I no longer indulge). I loved seeing the selection of psilocybin mushrooms, which are decriminalized there. I picked up packs of Blue Avian, Steel Magnolia, Penis Envy, and Albino Avery :mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:

The band played extremely well, exceeding my expectations, and didn’t repeat a song over the four nights. They also pulled out some rarities including a couple tunes that hadn’t been played in 12 years! The group all had tickets on the floor (this was at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, an open stadium used for soccer) but I ended up in the “stands” via the band’s ticket lottery. Unbeknownst to me, a buddy I know from music festivals and concerts in the Midwest drove out by himself to see the shows. Once we figured out we were in the same place, I was able to chill with him in the ADA section which provided some nice views of the best light show I’ve ever seen!

16 Likes

The light rig gets really psychedelic at 11:55

There are rows of lights that start behind the band and finish in front of them (suspended over the crowd). Each row has sections that can raise and lower independently, then the light bars can spin, rotate, shift, and color change.

2:45 and 5:25 show how quickly the rig can move

6 Likes

Thanks for the info! Sounds like you had a great vacation!

3 Likes

Oh, yeah, dude, we were buying tanks of that shit from speed shops when we were 18. That was in Florida haha, but still… Anybody can buy that shit. I’m not sure you even have to be “legal” to buy it.

How come? Just because you were driving through illegal states and all that?

Did they play “You Enjoy Myself”? I love that song.

Anyway, sounds like a great time! Always good to hook up with friends you haven’t seen in decades.

We’re going to see the LA Phil perform Beethoven’s 9th at the Hollywood Bowl this Tuesday and I am sooooooo stoked. Totally different vibe haha, but not really? Beethoven pumps me up as much as any band does, especially the 9th. It’s not my favorite of his, but it’s up there.

The only thing is, my girl’s already saying,”Don’t make a scene, don’t make a scene,” because the last time we were there, to see Yo-Yo Ma perform Bach’s cello suites, I kinda made a scene haha.

3 Likes

I didn’t bring weed because I flew out there with a layover in Texas and didn’t check any bags. The herb can be so stinky, plus it’s an excuse to try something new… The drive would have been 10 hours each way and I was able to book a cheap flight instead.

I didn’t mention the band’s cover song choices. There were nice versions of Talking Heads “Crosseyed and Painless” and “Cities”, a fun attempt at capturing the Beastie Boys energy with “Sabotage” (I hadn’t seen them play that since 1998!), a solid rendition of the Rolling Stones “Loving Cup”, plus their take on Deodato’s disco-fied version of Strauss’s “Also Sprach Zarathustra” (aka the theme to 2001: A Space Odyssey).

They played a spectacular version of You Enjoy Myself!!! Perhaps the best I’ve ever seen. The song has various composed and improvised segments which end with a wild vocal jam, but last weekend they added another instrumental jam after the vocal improv which built to an incredible peak! I just downloaded audio of the shows to start a relisten. I’m driving to Chicago next weekend and that will provide some quality music listening time.

I haven’t been to see live classical music in a very long time. I should change that.

9 Likes