Basement hempy with sils, lots of beans, “breakfast weed”

The shorter plant smells like mint, but the taller off to the right is smelling like straight up lime! The other taller plant has very little smell at this point.
The line smelling one has me wanting to make seeds, but no good males this set of plants, and out of seeds of this variety. I do have a little bit of Loki OG pollen in a brown bottle with a silica pack in the veggie drawer…
Also, I dropped these seeds into the cups on1/17, don’t think I’ve said that yet.
The plants off to the right are chili peppers, so don’t get too excited haha

18 Likes

Your plants look good…

1 Like

Tied 2 over last weekend. Didn’t tie over the third because there no open stem space to wrap around, gonna just be one big bud haha.
Also, a pack of Doc Ds watermelon Nepali hash plant x purple corrinto butter is gonna hit the mailbox any time now. Wanna plant more seeds, but need to setup a veg space first. Well really I already have the space, need to build a light.

17 Likes

Grabbed som t8 led from Lowe’s. 15 watt, 1800lumen, 4000k and $2 each! Should veg ok. Happy I didn’t pitch the fixtures when I recycled the tubes!

I’ll pop one later and post pics of the inside too. I have some electronic t8 ballasts, maybe some ghetto strip lights in my future…

7 Likes

Snuck a peak in the vent hole, don’t tell anyone!

11 Likes

Dropped x6 Loki og regular auto flowers into solo hempys. These are the oldest seeds I have, and I want to make some seeds and save some pollen. Also, here’s a couple beans of Galaxy Brain x Loki og I made recently.

6 Likes

Little more work today. Grabbed a roll of reflectix recently to replace the grocery delivery bags I had been using to insulate. Def got me through the winter though.

12 Likes

Started cutting nutes 1:1 with tap water, dropped to 1.1ec, ph 6.0.

4of6 Loki og have popped!
No nutes for these yet. Using straight Coast of Maine Stonington mix for the top of the hempy, because the Roots was in the garage haha.

10 Likes

Well the other two haven’t shown themselves, if they’re not up by tomorrow I will drop my remaining x2 Loki og seeds.

how long have you grown this style? ever switched up the spectrum in flower for something warmer?
you’ve got some headroom too, ever grown any leggy salivas in there? :smiley:

will be following along, cool that you’ve got peppers going too!

3 Likes

Hi!
The hempy and salts has only been like a year, before that I was growing organic in soil, but was having problems and decided to change my growing style as a hard reset of that makes sense. I’m happy I did, I’ve learned a lot doing it this way, and will continue to indoors for now. The outdoor veggies are still organic.

I actually swapped some of the sils for 2700ks recently, but forgot to mention it!

The 11/13 is just a loop I got in as I didn’t have a veg space set up, but didn’t want to run out of herb during a veg haha. I’ve got a few jars now, and a veg space, so will start a perpetual with veg soon.

And yeah, making use of that vertical space is the plan, I’ve been dialing in with free seeds so I don’t wreck the more valuable stuff I have. But I feel like I’m there now, and once these loki og start flowering and I chop the C.B.s I will drop some sativa beans.

And welcome aboard! Gonna get silly soon!
The peppers are their own thing entirely, I’ve started dozens of varieties in the past few years, this year gonna run more of a handful I know work well for me. Ring of fire, hot paper lantern, and citron. Citrons are what are in the pics.

2 Likes

Couple more weeks I think for the CBs. Maybe a bit less, idk we’ll see.

All the Loki OG have arrived at the party. Out of those beans, so hoping to get a nice male or 2. Last time I grew these I got a male that was ridiculously vigorous, grew sacks like buds, but no herming. And I beat the hell out of them too. Some of the most wise ass remark, creativity inspiring herb I’ve had. And smelled like dried flowers, really nice. Almost powdery, but not quite.
I pollinated a whole branch of a Galaxy Brain (not Galaxy Queen) using pollen I saved from that male and only got 4 seeds, so I do have that as fall back, but would rather have some fresh stuff. Idk why I didnt make seeds last time, doh! So here’s hoping!

11 Likes

15 Likes

Clipped em yesterday. Feels early, but pulled a couple tiny buds and the potency is there. Didn’t get a good judge of taste, cause I dried the samples in the radiator, hope the limey-ness sticks around.

Got super dry in the basement, loki ogs weren’t too happy about it, but I got the humidity back up and they’re happy again. Well, all but 1, but I think we’ll pull through.

2 Likes

Humidity still lower than I would prefer, but they’ll pull through.

11 Likes

One guy has his balls out already.

10 Likes

Each jar is one plant. I’m ok with it considering these plants never saw more than 11 hours of light, and for the first couple weeks of life dealt with lows into the 50s! 75 days from dropping seed. Might be the first strain I buy seeds for twice!

n

12 Likes

Saw @DougDawson over at Tim Horton’s, followed him over here, waited until the crowd thinned out, decided to see what all the fuss was about. Dang glad I did, seems you’ve really got it goin’ on!! If it’s ok, gonna grab that far right corner, take a few notes, and observe. Doesn’t need to be said, but allow me to wish nothing but continued success, take care, stay safe, and be well…@mister :honeybee:

8 Likes

Welcome aboard, always happy to have more buds at the party! Thanks for the well wishes!

1 Like

Well, seems I’m fucking this one. But that’s “ok” because I know why.
-Soil was too much for seedlings, too lazy to walk to the garage for the soil for the roots. They’ve “grown into it”, but at a cost, they’re pretty stunted
-too much light, reflectix is way shinier than old grocery bags. I pulled out 5 of the 10 sils
-humidity too low, even with a pan of water in the tent. I’ve been misting them with water everyday now, but again, too late.

X4 known males, x1 known female. (Found a 4th male since taking these pics)

As I am allowed 6 plants in flower, and 6 in veg , I can start more seeds soon. I had planned to start all long flowering plants, but bungling this run means my jars are gonna be light sooner than I planned for. Have a couple Galaxy Brain fem autos on hand, might be dropping those sooner than later.

Also added to the bean pile recently with some Purple Satellite S1, Bangi haze x Ethiopian S1, and queen mother S1, all from ColoradoSativas.
I feel like I’m not helping myself with all the choices I have now haha.

8 Likes