Basement hempy with sils, lots of beans, “breakfast weed”

@CADMAN I don’t know about that. I’ve managed to keep my home free of any Alexa stuff so far haha. That’s a bit too spooky for my liking.

I have gotten lazy enough I have seriously considered a Clapper for one room that has a poorly placed light switch though haha.

7 Likes

Quick group shot.
The Mexican Widow has hit sexual maturity. Saw the first staggered nodes yesterday. :+1:

7 Likes

Mexican Widow.
Gonna have to reel the lowers in to give the top a chance haha.

Check out how the broken top healed. It was seriously broken damn near clean off, hanging by a thread. Looks like a graft!

Gonna have to do some defol on the Maui Wowie.

The HF and LBF are happy. There’s a male in there too still, but it’s stripped way back.

10 Likes

Whooie!

Mexican Widow is a beast eh? Tempest in a Teacup? Tiger in a dixie cup cage!

Sorry, but those pics made me laugh. Can we conclude that the Mexican dominated over the Widow? At least in structure you’ve got a purebred Sativa in that cup. Is the staggered branching also spiraling up the main stalk? Can’t tell from the pic.

It would be insanely cool if you got Widow Buds on the Mexican structure!

Great Growing @potpotpot!
-Grouchy
PS, for your reference, here’s a pic of The Mexican Widow’s AG mother. The one in front is the female. The male is in back, but I completely botched his pollen collection and it never came near the Mom. The Mom’s exposure to White Widow pollen was an accident and only hit the very lowest branches. I think I collected 40 seeds total.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, this lady has the bones of a full sativa, no doubt about it.
Because I topped it before it started showing staggered nodes the main stem isn’t showing any staggering or spiraling, but the branches that were there before I topped are kind of growing in the spaces between the others, if that makes sense. I’ll try to remember to take a top down pic next time I have the plant out. With the tiny little cup in the center it really does look absurd haha.

When I saw the pic of you standing next to the finished mom I got myself prepared to deal with a wild jungle vine haha.

I will say that other than needing to contain her vigor, this plant has been a cakewalk so far. Responds really well to training, and seemingly heals fast too. Also starting to see some root nubs starting near the soil level, so I’m thinking she’s gonna clone readily too. I’m very excited to see what she does in flower, and what the bud structure is like.

Out of curiosity, how long does the White Widow pollen donor normally flower for?

2 Likes

The version of White Widow that I cherish comes from ILGM as a fem photo.

She’s ready around 8 weeks of flower but I like to let her go to 10 for better taste and a supremely happy high.

Here’s some info on the WW reversal showing the pollen donor.

1 Like

And the AG was 17 weeks, right?
So I’m expecting the wrap sometime between 8 and 17 weeks haha.
Here the promised top down of the Mex Widow

And an extra Maui Wowie shot.

11 Likes

Leaves from the Hillbilly Fighter. I normally look twice for the skinny leaves, but these are really cool! Look how deep the serration is, and how far down the leaf it goes!

Never had one these before either. Same plant, but not yet thinned.

Edit:
Can you spot all 3 double serrations? I almost missed them.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Growing like mad.

10 Likes

Taking long enough, right? Been fiddling with things, 1 at a time, without plants in the balance, and I’m close enough to go for it, I think. Running about 10 degrees warmer, and a couple points drier upstairs right now, night and day.
Finished my hand wrought artisanal plant stands too.

Edit: Now with plants!

8 Likes

Whoa! You’re almost, like, a Professional Grower now haha. Just fucking around. That tent looks as ready as she’ll ever be, though. Get some plants in her!

Humidity’ll probably go up a little bit once you’re actually growing in there, too. Not a ton, but a little bit.

4 Likes

I’ll mortgage the house to rent a warehouse soon I’m sure haha.

That’s what I’m hoping for. If not I can leave some water in the trays. Actually, I already do that every time I water for the two solo plants, so it’ll definitely go up haha.

2 Likes

10° more oughta help a bunch! Clever on those plant holders, I’m going to wrought some up for some solos that I keep knocking over :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used something similar to “ 171 ft. Utility and Brace Wire, 9 Gauge” from tractor supply. Bolt cutters, vice grips or a vice, and gloves are a must. Safety glasses too. Also, don’t undo the ties around the coil, or it springs out like you can’t imagine. A real nightmare in the crawl I imagine. Once you get a workable length off the coil your fine though.

3 Likes

Ha, the 9 G is for the top wire in chain link fencing. I use it for making roundish supports for our sprawly outdoor flowers, and the hoops on the indoor bloomers

Zip tie the roll a bunch or you’ll put an eye out.

I straighten the curly cut off lengths with a drill, a post and vise grips. Sorta like [this], but simpler(How to Straighten A Wire Using A Drill ! - YouTube)

Now I can use it on sprawly indoor plants!. Gotta get a bending jig first, though, and HF doesn’t have one!

2 Likes

Is that what is actually for? I got it to make row covers for the salad greens, used it to keep the tent walls from caving in on panda film tents too.

1 Like

Yep! It’s pretty handy to have around :slight_smile:

1 Like

They were looking a bit tired at first, but they seem pretty settled now.

12 Likes

Hooooooweeeee! They stretched just a little bit really quickly, huh? What’re those ones in the last two pics? They got tall…. Haha.

3 Likes