Basement hempy with sils, lots of beans, “breakfast weed”

Took some cuttings from each plant today. Into solo cups with coco and super mild nutes, to the basement under 24 hr light. I rarely run plants under 24hr, I think they need some time off. But these are all really flowering already, so I gotta get them to reveg too. Also I haven’t broken down and bought a second timer yet haha.

4 Likes

Very yellow new growth on the Mexican Widow this morning. Everyone else looks fine. Will flush after work, pics then too. Wish me luck haha

4 Likes

I found some strains needed a little iron boost with MC in veg, especially when the plant was having a growth spurt.
Luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, iron was what I was leaning towards after checking the symptoms against a couple sources. I suspect my ph may be creeping up, preventing iron absorption. I’ll check the nutes left in the jug, see if they’re drifting, and adjust the ph of my next batch to suit, if they are drifting.

I do have some Earth Juice micro blast on hand, but want to make sure I’m not adding a bunch of other stuff unnecessarily, when I should be chasing ph and making sure the plant can even get the stuff.

“I need a tsp of salt, but I’m out! I’ll just add a pound of salted butter to the recipe to get some more salt in there.” Haha.

1 Like

Well, I guess you could stick some nails in the coco! I went the easier way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You mean I shouldn’t put a nail through the stem for iron? Nails in the coco is a similar old wives tale I assume?

I still forget that with salts you can add things individually haha.

I’ll see if we improve at all after dropping the ph. It had crept from 5.8 in the jug to 6. I dropped it to 5.6 and the runoff was 6.4. Ran out of time so couldn’t flush it till out matched in, tonight hopefully. I’m hoping it’ll start to pick back up and the deficiency symptoms will clear out in a day or two. They didn’t melt overnight, and the buds are visibly growing day to day, so all is not lost yet.

1 Like

I found that flushing with a dilute mix, like .05ec, does better than just water. The flush salts bind to the the salts in the coco, and really does flush the old stuff out. I use 3x the pot size worth of 'flush."

I’ve also found reading runoff to be as helpful as chasing my tail :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Went ahead and did an actual flush last night. 3x container volume is easy in solo cups haha. I have not yet upped my nutes for flower, mixed my next batch with +695ppm over base as the goal, will start feeding tomorrow morning. Also turned off one light. In the basement they had 80watts of SILS in a space very similar to the tent, but the tent had 200 watts of grow leds in it. And I was a real cheap prick and got the non dimmable lamps, so on or off is the only choice I have. I’ll turn the other one back in if/when the recovery starts in earnest.

Laid a couple tops on the Mexican Widow down, after snapping the stems my fingers smelled like straight ginger! Never smelled that in herb before! Or if I have, I have forgotten haha.

12 Likes

Gave some of them a boost.

11 Likes

Great job @potpotpot!

Could you post a couple of pics of Mexican Widow solo? I’d like to compare her structure to the AG Repo. I think there may be some White Widow structure in the mix.

No worries if it’s a hassle, just curious.

Gracias Amigo,
-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

2 Likes

I will make a note to self to grab a pic next time I have the other plants out of the way. :+1:

2 Likes

So the only plant I do not have upstairs now is the lone male LBF(and the cuttings I took last week I guess). Before moving the other plants upstairs, I had this guy out of the tent in case he popped. He spent some time on the porch in the cold, on the fridge with the heat, being let go bone dry then fed with whatever random jug of nutes I found on the basement floor. When the girls moved upstairs, he moved down, continuing the food off the floor regiment. Also went into 24 hours of light. All the environmental fuckery slowed him down, so he only dropped pollen earlier this week. I was kind of surprised, I thought the 24 hr light was gonna stop him, but no. He was packed to the gills with flowers. So obviously I had to pollinate some stuff. I did a branch on each plant with a paintbrush. Already got pistils curling over this morning, pollinated last night. I’m going to let him reveg just for fun, and for more stress why not.

10 Likes

Quick photo dump. On the upswing, still room to improve. They’re drinking fast! Also, it’s been humid as fuck here! Warm sometimes too. Running the dehumidifier has the room temp up to high 70s, feels gorgeous in the room haha. Like a fucking greenhouse.
Maui Wowie

HF runt

HF

LBF

Mexican Widow. Got some windburn on her! Also only realized looking at these pics that the tops I snapped stood right back up haha.

14 Likes

The previous mentioned male LBF. Curious if he will reveg, or just slowly peter out.
I know I know, I should cut the buds off those cuttings. I’ll add it to the list haha.

8 Likes

Possible my ph meter is fucked? Or maybe I’m stoned and I did something dumb. They got fed some super low ph food, I think. The hempys got it worse. After these pics I pulled off the worst of the leaves.
Maui Wowie

Mexican Widow

HF runt

HF

LBF

11 Likes

Flush 'em!

2 Likes

Greetings @potpotpot,

Bummer about the pH problem but you’ll get that sorted.

I am more impressed with the developing story on your Mexican Widow! Those pretty buds that are starting to stack up look absolutely nothing like any of @lambchopedd’s Acapulco Gold Repo plants!

I’ve been wrong before, but it looks to me like you’ve got a sativa AG plant stacking White Widow buds. Gawd knows what chems those trichomes are storing?

If anyone is interested, I’ll try to dig up some pics of the two mother plants that created those seeds.

In the meantime, WOW! :+1: :+1:
-Grouchy

4 Likes

Hell yeah! I know I have seen the pic of you standing next to the AG, I was tempted to post it here myself haha, but it’s not my pic to do so with, so I didn’t. I would love to see a pic of the WW, just for comparisons sake!

Alright, flooshed them all last night. The amount of salt that ended up on the sides of the solo cups we shocking. Also, I think they are drinking the bottom of the cups so dry between waterings that they are getting hydrophobic. I’ve been having to feed them really slowly to get the water to drain out the bottom holes, just wants to runnoff the top of the pot. I have a bottle of Earth Juice “assist” which is a surfactant, tempted to start mixing a touch of that in to try to keep the coco wetter, or at least less dry.

Blue lab ph pen landing today, then I can stop guessing the ph :grimacing:
(I’m not really “guessing”, but I definitely don’t trust my meter anymore. I’m having to calibrate waaaaay too often. Like every single use.)

3 Likes

Are you going to upcan them? I do it when I have to water solos, or any pot, more than once a day.

I haven’t tried a surfactant, I just scratch the top crust, but it ought be ok. I like to really sling the grub through coco, I think it pulls in more O2.

2 Likes