BC Strains of Yesteryear

Wasn’t that site a scam though?

2 Likes

Really? I hadn’t heard that.
What have they been up to?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Pretty sure its dodgy now.it looks like a lot of the old bc brands are now just scammers using SEO. I know whoever owns Old school ba now also managed to get legal ownership of reefermans branding in a questionable way.

For old BC stuff I’d look at:

Peak seeds (if you can find any as he just shut up shop)
Joti (He has island purps and texeda timewarp)
Hemp depot ( mighty mite is on there. I’d also check out richard williams as he has a texada purps and timewarp crosses)
Chimera (bc breeder who sells out of breeders retail in the Uk due to legality issues in canada)
Scott family farms ( formerly Reeferman , bc breeder who sells from seed bay for the same reason.)

6 Likes

check next gen out…
https://nextgenerationseedcompany.com/regular-seeds/

2 Likes

Nice looking plant .

Sounds about right ! I never grew the original clone so I can’t speak on it. But the JOIT version grew huge 8ft plants that had 7-9 finger leafs. That turned a beautiful purple hue once the night temps dropped down. We had a really wet fall so I battled bud rot but no other pest problems other then that. I’v heard from some of the old timers around here that the original clone is getting pretty tired. She’s been around for a lot of years now and needs extra special care to get her to preform optimally, but when done right she’s legendary.

1 Like

Remember when I moved to San Francisco late 90’s it was flooded with BC weed lol,remember everyone bitching about being no Cali weed

3 Likes

If he is the same Chimera that was on the old OG I grew one of his strains outdoors. Reeked like industrial cleaner, big yielder. I cant remember what the strain was called.

4 Likes

Thanks for all of the suggestions and info for where to look. If anyone has any strains that stand out for them from BC or generally Canadian Heirloom strains, please feel free to post them in here. I am looking to compile an exhaustive list so that I can seek them out and grow them and report on them.

2 Likes

Tuna Kush
Purple Kush
God bud
Hempstar
BC/Maple ridge Rockstar
Pink Kush

6 Likes

I have used them several times. Always got what I paid for. There’s just typical he’s said she said rumours about where his genetics came from and who’s they are.

2 Likes

All I got on her was some really small spots of WPM that washed off the very bottom leaves I didn’t lose anything.We had a shit ton of rain twords the end this year.I’m glad I still have cutting going from that one.She is definitely a go to keeper.I can see why you Canucks liked this one so much.

2 Likes

Mine outside never turned purple only the leaves on my inside one turned purple.

2 Likes

Some of the best seeds I ever grew was cotton candy from Federation seed bank ordered and grew in 08. Sadly it obsolete now. Though was about to order C4 a few years ago which is CC × shiskaberry but those are hard to find as well.

3 Likes

I wish i could get Feds CC. I picked up some CC from Delicious Seeds but i really don’t think it’s going to be the same thing.

2 Likes

I suspect so, hes been at this a while. He has quite the cataloq including S1’s of the original sweet skunk clone. He also has some blueberry x grapefruit crosses that were originally made for breeder steve. I’d recommend his potcast episodes quite educational and goes through some bc weed history.

3 Likes

Haven’t heard the name hempstar in ages I almost forgot about it.

Death bubba (not really that old though) rockstar/rockstar kush too
ubc chemo
sweet tooth
shiskaberry
legends ultimate indica
power plant
nuken
love potion
blueberry
sweet pink grapefruit
purp indica was around back in the day although I’m not sure if it’s originally from Canada. I’d love to find it someday. I know csi has some crosses with it and some s1s.

5 Likes

I have 3 god bud seeds somewhere

1 Like

Blue kronic
Mighty mite
Bc big bud

2 Likes

Lucky! I am going to have some god bud to my list.