BC Strains of Yesteryear

I was confused by the similar name for a while, but Mendo purps and Island purps are different. This description of island purps is good. https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-vendor-forums/chimera-genetics-breeders-retail/301572-var-island-purps

I’ve not had a chance to grow Mendo purps yet , but from what i’ve read its a more fruity set of terps.

3 Likes

This topic gives me an opportunity to ask a question that has been floating around the back of my head for a while…
I don’t know if it was a BC strain, but I had a dome top strain that had really bright red hairs and finished fast for the times ('95).
It was a perfect daytime smoke.
It was a cutting I received from my teacher, so there wasn’t a name; it’s good pot…
Any of the other vintage growers here have a name for this ghost of years gone by?

1 Like

Is BC Big bud like a specific strain, I remember that coming around, but thought it was just a sweeping generalization.

1 Like

I’m not sure I do know it was popular around here for a while.

1 Like

Joti has the purp. Solid purple nugs and smells like a bag of grapes

2 Likes

I hope you kept a cut of your Timewarp. That thing looks and sounds unique for sure!
What’s your lat, when did it finish, and how do I get a cut? :laughing:

1 Like

Is BC Big Bud really skunky? I was looking it up on seedfinder and it says its got NL1 and the original big bud has some skunk in it. Sounds like some really funky gear.

@Kushking902 I wasn’t aware purple indica and mendo purps were the same strain. I just knew it as pnw purple indica. Joti’s purp sounds dank I’ll have to check it out sometime.

I wish there was more info. Here’s the csi page that sells it but the description is very short. Says it goes by a few other names possibly like ultraviolet

3 Likes

Latitude is at 43 .I had to pull her sept 28 she had WPM popping up on the very bottom leaves and I made a judgement call and pulled her earlier than I wanted but I was not disappointed.Stateside cuts may be available in the future growing out a mother so I can make a bunch of these.This smoke is like the stuff I used to get when I was a teenager.

3 Likes

Anyone remember Dr atomic?Is he still around.His Northern lights and blueberry was cosmic.

4 Likes

I’ve got an old pack from these guys I am gonna use for a seed run next summerish

3 Likes

Blueberry
G13
BC Chemo
Timewarp
God Bud
Pinewarp
Mighty Mites
Hashplant

Are the ones we all grew up with in our area om vancouver island

4 Likes

lucky13seeds is local to you and might have the romulan your looking for. I think the site Jinglepot mentioned is the most reputable though.

1 Like

Hashplant and blue berry ditto!

I read on here hashplant isn’t a generic variety but most a description of a resinous plant…!

I remember in BBY getting my buddys cousin to help me out and it was hashplant.

2 Likes

I remember even a decade or so ago going to Vancouver, and being directed to a certain door on Hastings by the Cannabis Cafe, and buying some really tasty Bubba Kush. I was wondering what kush cuts were going around bc back in the day, or if there are any kushes that were developed or commonly associated with BC.

Really good episode that touches alot on BC and some old genetics. The Timewarp mention was great. Going to get some from @ShitSeeds hopefully in the near future, because I have to try and run it.

4 Likes

Oh wow, yes, Might Mite was Amazing :clap:
Anybody remember Skunk Punch? Some of the tastiest most postent herb I’ve ever smoked

2 Likes

Growing some of their Romulan right now

3 Likes

How is the Romulan?

2 Likes

That’s what we wanna hear! I’ll toss in a free pack for you when you mention his convo, whenever you’re ready

3 Likes