Beacher - some past grows and future

Let me try to remember…those were my moms from the last round so they spent maybe 6 weeks in Solo cups getting mercilessly topped and kept small. Once I put them into the big pots and let them take off I think it was probably around 4 weeks of true veg time.

They didn’t stretch nearly as much as I thought they would. I notice plants from seed often seem to behave a bit differently on their second round once they’ve been alive longer and are more mature.

5 Likes

Yeah my G99 clone I just flipped last week is a lot slower growing than when it was from seed thankfully.

The DHxC99 are very unproductive in the lower 2/3 of the plant from seed,p and seem to be similar to the G99 in growth rates. It’s about 5 ft tall, just trying to figure out how to save a bit of time and not waste the plants energy growing tall, and make it more productive, for the next lot of clones of G99 and DHxC99.

2 Likes

I still haven’t tried those yet. They look awesome but I’m pretty height restricted. Maybe try rooting a clone, topping it once then flipping right away. Tall strains like that can be hard to dial in.

3 Likes

I think that would be better, and what I have done with the DH clones this time around. I topped the G99 clone about 5 times and super cropped, she is about 30 inches wide and about the same in height, if I can get the DH to do the same, l think it will produce a much better yield.

3 Likes

Do you have to stake the g99s or the DH99s? My g99s aren’t really stretchy, but they’re almost ‘viney’ and need quite a bit of support for their massive heft lol

3 Likes

I harvested all my autos this last week. I took all the Dark Sparks down on Feb 8. They were all showing quite a bit of amber by then. I’m pretty sure it was right around 9 weeks. Thanks to @Mr.Sparkle for these seeds…I really love the flavor of this strain, and its a nice energetic type high :+1:

They all got really foxtailed. I think its due to a combination of overfeeding and the light just being a bit too intense for them. I had my 600W all the way up, but even the shorter plants would have been maybe 2ft away getting blasted 24/7. I don’t really mind the foxtailing, its very nice looking and they all smell great and are sticky so I’m happy

I had 8 total, all in 1 gallon pots except this largest one in a 2 gallon hempy bucket:

Lots of nice purple buds

Some crazy foxtails on this one. In some spots they were almost wispy. I’ve never seen weed do that its an interesting look

They yeilded pretty well. I mixed them all together into a mass of lime green/purple perfumey smelling goodness

12 Likes

I had four FAM autos. 3 in 2 gallon hempys and one in a one gallon. They were all quite tall and large…good yielders. Thanks @ReikoX for these seeds, I’m really impressed with them. Any guesses as to which plant was what strain?

FAM 1 was quite tall with very dense spear shaped nugs. A very sweet smell, kinda like bubblegum and really sticky. I cut the topper off before I remembered to take the pic so imagine them together lol

Nice big topper that was super dense and heavy.

18 Likes

FAM 2 got a bit foxtailed and seemed to be most affected by the stronger feedings. Lots of smaller yellow and crispy leaves on it, but after a careful trimming it looks great now.

This one was less dense, more airy with a very sweet smell…maybe a hint of blueberry

16 Likes

FAM 3 was the biggest. It was probably pushing 4ft in height. Similar to FAM 1 in structure, also very dense and sticky.

This one had more of a gasoline and hint of skunk smell…rubbery? It was also the least mature with almost no amber. I think it’ll be deadly smoke.

HUGE cola on this one

15 Likes

FAM 4 was a bit smaller than the others, but still a really great structure. The buds are a bit less dense also, but incredibly resinous. I cleaned my scissors 3 times trimming this plant vs once for the others.

It has the most intense grape popsicle smell. Its really sweet with that ‘artificial’ grape smell that we all love, its truly unreal. It also had alot of light purple throughout. I’m really excited to smoke this one!

16 Likes

Yeah they are very narrow stems, that’s why I was thinking of super cropping them to see if it would thicken up the stems a bit more. The DH99 in flower atm has 4 X 6ft stakes holding it up, I think the G99 had to be supported as well. The one that has just gone in, may not as that’s a clone and super cropped, we will see. The DH99 clones have just gone into 10 gal pots so I am letting them settle down before I start bending them about hoping that will keep them shorter and stouter.

4 Likes

the foxtailing is just them so don’t put too much weight on environmental especially if they leaned that way pheno wise

3 Likes

Cool. It’s a very unique trait it looks like jungle weed or something haha. I’ve grown several under more moderate light that didn’t do it nearly as much and wasn’t sure if the 600 fried em

2 Likes

I can only guess, but here we go…

FAM #1 has the structure of the Ghost Toof x SBR.
FAM #2 was likely the Alaskan Purple based on that cola shape and size
FAM #3 has the smell description I get from Ghost Toof x SBR
FAM #4 I’m going to guess Dark Devil x SBR based on the grape notes.

7 Likes

I won’t argue with that lol. That SBR seems to cross nicely with anything. Awesome seeds!

3 Likes

I have some more of it in the freezer, will definitely be hitting some more Ghost Toof with it. Gotta get busy with my rebuild.

5 Likes

Who was the sugar black rose from originally?

2 Likes

Auto version from Delicious Seeds.

3 Likes

Now that my first flowering room is empty I had to decide who would go into it now. I’m going to go with all 3 phenos of the Monster Girl Scout Cookies and the #1 pheno of my mystery male X Jungle Spice cross. Its so big in the solo cup I’d like to see what it does full sized.

Moved them from their solo cups into 2 gall hempy buckets. Its amazing how much bigger they look in the large pots

Put them under the second light in my veg room. I love having so much space for veg now. They other moms got hacked way back and now theres tons of room under the first light.

I also sprayed everything again with potassium bicarb as a preventative, I haven’t seen any sign of PM since the last spraying a couple weeks ago.

My second flowering room should be done in about 2-3 weeks. I’ll take some cuttings the Guava soon and start vegging those to eventually put them in there.

17 Likes

You’ve got tons going on! There has to always be somthing to play with in there lol

4 Likes