Beacher - some past grows and future

Funny you are on that Same as me. I tore down in January because of bugs from a gifted clone. Couldn’t Handel it. I’m almost out as well. Mother hunt 2019 lol

3 Likes

I’ve only ever had bugs from bringing in other peoples plants…like every fucking time. I never learn lol

I hope you’re not bringing any foreign shit in now with the mother load of genetics youre working with…i think youll find everything you need in there

3 Likes

Haha never again. I have learned. Even from the most successful, trusted grower. They can still carry bugs. And I’m not sure what the hell it is about another Gardner’s bugs but they f’ing destroy everything!!

3 Likes

Man You are killin it, I can’t wait to see what the old man weed is gonna do!

3 Likes

Update on ‘old man weed’ lol :older_man:

The clone I took rooted after 12 days in ~70 deg conditions without issue…not bad. The plant blew up since being topped, its now dry every 2 days in its 1 gallon pot. This thing is such a beast, its crazy. Here she is before a haircut, a little thirsty:

Started chopping some branches and the thing is dripping like crazy! @MomOnTheRun does this look like high brix to you? It comes out of the fan leaf stems too. It tastes like weedy water lol

Note the puddle on the leaf below…

Fed and under control…for now :skull:

I’ll give the clone a day or two to get some feet and chuck it into flower to see just what the heck this thing really is

13 Likes

With guttation like that, absolutely!! Great job!!

2 Likes

Sweet! Like, literally sweet haha

4 Likes

Another update. Turned the light off and got some shots with my gfs DSLR. I haven’t seen them with lights off for a while, they’re getting a bit light coloured I’ll bump up the mega crop a bit.

This is day 24 of budding, note the slight yellowing particularly in the middle. It might be mild light burn too, some of those middle colas are like 10" away from the 600W :sunglasses:

They’re really frosty for this stage, and have a nice tangy sweet kinda fruity smell. I wish they’d hurry up. That’s the ‘old man weed’ clone in the front left. Its been in for 2 days, should be showing sex any day now…

A few larger fans are showing this deficiency, which i think is calcium and/or magnesium? Any expert opinions would be great…I’ll probably give them a light shot of calmag with their next feeding

19 Likes

It’s mad that they’re the same plants man they’ve shot up like crazy and not even a month into flower! Love the corner cola too there’s always one that goes crazy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Ya that one in the corner is a seedling that stretched a ton. I had to put a hook in the wall to tie it to or it would eventually fall and crush the others lol

3 Likes

Looking good. I think you are correct about the slight light burn, that’s what it looks like to me. Those are going to be nice big buds

3 Likes

Day 30 now and everythings coming along nicely. Still showing a deficiency on some older fan leaves, but I’m not too worried about it. I blasted them with calmag as well as full strength MC last feeding so that should get them through.

In the back right is a godbud bagseed that i chucked into a one gallon pot at about 1 month old. Its…a bit stretchy, but is starting to chunk out nicely now.

Sure looks like calcium/magnesium to me. This only appears on old fans…

The ‘old man weed’ that turned out to be a freaking male. Such a shame, this is the most vigorous plant I’ve ever grown and its high brix too! I’ve put him in a separate area still flowering to try and grab some pollen that I’ll freeze for future experiments. Here he is in the bad boy box lol

We’ll see how much pollen he’ll make under 8W of LED lighting…i might put another socket in there if i can find the stuff laying around here

22 Likes

Day 37…they’re still chugging along. Getting pretty dense and heavy now. All the blue islands have a really sweet tropical type smell, very resinous too.

Here’s a view from the back door of the box. I’ve never thought to take a picture from there before lol

From the front door. The plant in the bottom right is number 3, its got some huge colas that I’ve had to lash to the screen for extra support. I think it will likely be my keeper.

Here’s the old man weed male in his isolation closet. Lanky ass MF, but he’s doing great with only 8W and no air movement whatsoever

Some nice pollen sacks developing. I’m thinking some might be opening the next few days, but I really have no idea with males. They’re definitely pretty!

23 Likes

You may be right though that back left looks to have nice structure just not as big

They look quite mature…many of mine get a streak of purple then 12 hrs later, the flower is open - these look to be quite close

They definitely are…love watching the boys mature almost as much as the girls :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Back left is definitely the nicest overall structure, but I think it will be a bit smaller and I also found a couple nannnners on it. Any more of that and its cut lol. It has quite a different bud structure and smell to the others too…

Thanks for the tips, I’ve got to set up my pollen catching equipment soon!

6 Likes

And for my own records I found one nanner on the front left as well (#4 and 2)

4 Likes

Day 42. They’re fattening up still but definitely more slowly. Some larger fan leaves are still showing cal/mag deficiency, especially on #2. The other strains look totally fine, so I think all the blue islands are heavy feeders.

I started 4 x jungle spice F2s, and 4 x jungle spice x black dominas. All of them came up in just under 3 days…they’re growers for sure. I even got one double JSF2 seedling…first ive ever seen!

23 Likes

Gonna be a big dirty haul :+1::+1:Sorry to hear about the male :rage:

6 Likes

Day 49, almost there! They’re really getting fat now, particularly the bubblegum bagseed in the back right which is getting freakishly big. However, it doesn’t have much of a smell and the buds are a bit airy so not sure if I’ll keep it or not

My little rubbermaid veg box is pretty rammed atm, 2 fem girl scout cookies from BC bud depot on the left, and Jungle Spice, Jungle Spice x Black Domina, Dragons Blood Hashplant, and one more GSC seedling on the right.

I germinated these right in these small pots of coco and it worked really well…piece of cake!

20 Likes

Twin seedlings are starting to get bigger. They’re about a week out of the ground now:

The bigger of the Jungle Spice is really taking off, while the runt looks OK but is definitely a bit stunted

The Jungle Spice x Black Domina larger twin is falling over, I had to give it a little trellis lol. It might be damping off, but I think its just a weak stem. The runt is growing but looks a little ‘special’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

16 Likes