Beacher - some past grows and future

I had a report from one person that enough time can take the edge off even the raciest. OTOH I have had enough Blue Dream to last a lifetime. Although it might be better if I did it myself :tongue:

Hope they are the right kind.

I am enjoying the pics and the strain reviews. It is very informative. Especially of some that I have not tried. Also I have issues with anxiety inducing/ heart stimulating strains myself. It does not seem to be an issue of potency ā€¦CBN as a part of the ā€˜entourageā€™?

6 Likes

I add a cup of white vinegar to a gallon of water and spray the surface of all the areas. Clean after dry and reapply. Whenever I smell it in the air. Temps and humidity have to be right for it to grow. And the vinegar kills it by being to acid.

But that all occurred in a basement area. Further once I stuck a composter in the basement and had enough material to get it going I then applied alfalfa meal as a starter and watered it in. Over the winter I noticed a change in the air quality in that room. It is subject to water seeping through the walls. So I began applying alfalfa meal on occasion if enough water seeped in to puddle. and then opening windows o let it air out,

I used to work in the HVAC industry, I certainly know the dangers that stagnant water can present,

Edit: out of likes again. soā€¦your :smile:'age may vary

8 Likes

Thanks for the tips! No powdery mildew this round since Iā€™ve rebuilt my cab, but will keep that trick in my pocket if it ever comes back. My basement is a nightmare, but Iā€™ve got it managed for the time being.

No CBN/CBD strains here (yet). Iā€™ve always grown for potency, and used to consider paranoia inducing to be a good sign of potency lol. A friend gave me a few drops of CBD tincture the other day and wow it really does relax you and can take the edge off high THC strains. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever grow for it, but will pick some up now that its readily available here in Canada.

7 Likes

I try to stay ahead of the curve with those. Canā€™t fix gutters and drainage around the house. Note mine but I can point it out. Iā€™d like a rain chain and a barrel. I use fulvic acid and you donā€™t want to use that with chlorinated water.

5 Likes

Ya Iā€™d like to eventually dig around the house and fix it, but it works for now. The house is over 100 years old so the basement was basically designed to channel water through. Its pretty impressive how well itā€™s held up really.

6 Likes

Day 53. The Blue Islands are ripening up, I will probably take #2 (back left) first after a few days of flush. Iā€™ve never grown in coco before, I know I shouldnā€™t flush with straight water, Iā€™ll probably just give it half strength until I chop her. The bubblegum bagseed (back right) just keeps getting huger, some real footballs on there.

Seedlings are all coming along well, Iā€™ll move them into solo cups soon. These little pots were perfect for starting them.

24 Likes

Looks great. The buds have hit a level of critical fatness haha Iā€™m super curious to see how your blue island turn out.

6 Likes

Me too lol. 2/3 hermed a bit on me, so sadly theyā€™ll get chucked, but the #3 in the front right corner hasnā€™t at all and has some huge colas. A nice lemon smell too. Will likely reveg it to keep as a mom.

6 Likes

Isnā€™t it crazy how often skunk varieties, not specific to
One breeder, herm out. Iā€™ve got some NothernBCSkunk from Joti going and have killed 2 seedlings so far that displayed hermie like characteristics within the first month. Have not ran into that with any those seeds from that other shitty company :joy: yet however (wonā€™t say there name, not advertising for them lol). Keeping my fingers crossed, they look great so far.

7 Likes

Ya itā€™s crazy it seems like everything herms now, I donā€™t recall ever having problems back in the day unless there were blatant light leaks or something.

Luckily it was just the odd banana here and there, only seeing a couple swollen preggo calyxes.

6 Likes

Transplanted all my Jungle Spice and Jungle Spice x Black Dominas into solo cups, theyā€™re 2 weeks old. Those little tiny pots were great for germination, Iā€™ll continue using them going forward.

Hereā€™s my two double seedlings:

And hereā€™s my little rubbermaid veg boxā€¦maxed out now! Itā€™s pretty amazing what this thing can hold lol. Jungle Spice and Jungle Spice X Black Dominas on the bottom in solo cups, Dragonsblood Hashplants in the middle row, and 2 fem Girl Scout Cookies moms on the top.

Iā€™ve got the JS and JSxBDs lower than I would normally put themā€¦hoping theyā€™ll stretch a bit so I can get a nice cutting from each when I top them. Should make sexing much easier.

16 Likes

Iā€™m a bit envious, lol. Iā€™m really looking forward to running those when I get the chance.

7 Likes

ooohhh nice strains which colour JS are you running?. Putting anything outside this year?

5 Likes

Iā€™m subbed to scope out the action. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks all, Iā€™m excited too lol

@Mongobongo I went with the #7 JS because it was piney and I love piney weed. Really want to do some #6 as well, but Iā€™m saving those hoping I can partake in the group selection sometime in the relatively near future.

Gonna toss a GSC outside for one big monster, then probably do some Mr Sparkle autos in various places around the yard. I should be sprouting some of them soon. My mom wants a couple plants too just for fun, so Iā€™ll probably give her some pretty purple ones haha

8 Likes

Also, donā€™t tell me about envious Mr. Cinderella mixā€¦I really want to try those and the Durban mix too.

4 Likes

Heh. Iā€™m transplanting the second round of clones today, and still havenā€™t even had a good bowl of sensi from that run yet. Soā€¦ Yeah, Iā€™m looking forward to that too, someday.

5 Likes

Lol ya we all know how that goesā€¦staring, smelling, drooling and waiting :drooling_face:

3 Likes

I puffed on some JS#7 rosin this eve. Itā€™s good, my homie. Canā€™t wait for you to join me. :punch:

7 Likes

Havenā€™t had piney weed in years, definitely stoked for it!

5 Likes