BeagleZ KNF/homemadeInputs Shelf in the Corner

So it’s just a matter of making LABS, then tossing a little bit of it into a bottle with the leftover from defol/trim, putting a little sugar in then letting the bottle sit for 5 days? And these actually form usable liquid, organic fertilizers that are immediately bioavailable?

4 Likes

That is correct… and you are feeding them with nutrients that are canna friendly… :smiley: it’s a bit like what the wine makers do when the grapes aren’t that good… the put them at the base of the vine and next crop the plant will be able to recover the precious nutrients

4 Likes

Gotcha. I already do leaf mulching, this is just a more efficient and controlled way to do it. Sounds good! I’ve got some organic pasta and a casserole recipe, so I’ll go ahead and make lunch for myself and the plants at the same time. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s a beautiful day for FPJ!!
Collecting some goods from the yard…

Got a nice sunny spot, some sour cherry juice and a leg of SuperSilverHP…

I cut up all the material as much as my tired wrists would allow…

Added equal weight sugar…

Start mixing…

Everything is coated, keep mixing…

Keep going…

And we’ll call this good enough. I like to pulverize the material. Nothing recognizable and very wet…

Now I mix in some LABs. I like 2ml for every 100 grams of starting material. Don’t ask me why, it just sounds good to me…

Packed my jars 3/4 full. Before I did anything else I cleaned the hell out of the jars. Do not want unwanted visitors…

Put your cover on. I use the ring but paper towel instead of the metal saucer thing.
Sit back, enjoy your joint and admire your work…

This took 20 minutes of my time including documenting it. Cost me a few dollars of sugar and will provide me many gallons of all natural food for my girls and yard :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Gonna have to give this a follow :star_struck::raised_hands:

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @Loggershands! It might be quite the journey :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@BeagleZ just gave my bonsai moms a haircut, think I should try my hand at a ferment with this?

8 Likes

Don’t ask an addict of anything if they want more of that thing :wink: absolutely Legs.

5 Likes

arnold-schwarzenegger-do-it-now

5 Likes

Thinking something like this for the yard…

3 Likes

Well let’s see how this goes. Good thing is if It does’nt work I’m only out some compost material and brown sugar

5 Likes

Id mix that a lot more @LegsMahoney, I usually mix it till its a pulp and bleeding liquid, I figure it speeds up the process and is easier to get it packed down.
And a much smaller final container, you want it 3/4 or so full.

1 Like

Had a two year old tugging at my leg while I was putting that together, I’ll mix it more and get it in a smaller mason jar after bedtime haha

5 Likes

I can sympathize

2 Likes

What time of day were you collecting this? I’ve always heard that you are supposed to collect growth tips and/or plant material right before the sun comes up. The water storage in the plant itself will be at its highest point, and the beneficial bacterial content should be a lot greater at this time of day.

6 Likes

I wish i had a lawn that wasnt near any roadways. I cant use anything from my yard that isnt covered in car exhaust. And now they cut down the forest where i used to do a lot of foraging. Fucking more houses we dont need. Rule of thumb is like 100 meters away from roadways. I always say 200 to be extra safe.

7 Likes

What about a hudsons fogger? Not sure if that would be too much for you or not.

3 Likes

Totally agree with all that.
Did not make it out that early though, was prob 10am.
I figure It’s not really hot yet and shouldn’t burn too much off by then, and doing is better than not so…
Also, plenty of weeds to go around lol can always grab some more

1 Like

Hmmm hadn’t considered a fogger, will look into that. :+1:

1 Like

It seems like every week there are more trees being clear cut around here.
I absolutely hate the way they clear land for houses now a days!

3 Likes