BeagleZ' KNF/JADAM Thread

Ooooh… strong activity!

2 Likes

Do have have a way of keeping JMS or do you use it all fairly quickly?

2 Likes

No, JMS must be used right away. There is a very short window where it is high grade microbe activity.
It quickly breaks and starts to die. At this point it is considered a JLF.

It depends on ambient temperature but anywhere from 24 to 48 hours

5 Likes

Here’s my brew I’ve had going for a year and a half. It’s a was a ferment of hops cones I picked up fresh locally that I intended to make an extract out of. But I mixed the sugar and Hops and just left it. Over time I’ve added cannabis material, oyster shell flour, kelp, comfrey, mollasses, barley seeds, compost, EM-1, and water. Probably some other things as well. I’m
Just going to let it all sit until it breaks completely down. I’m going to try and get the PH around 6.5 when I decide I’m done. I may try to do that by adding silica. I’m also thinking about getting a saturated paste test to see what I have as far as an available nutrients and adjusting accordingly. It doesn’t smell bad at all which is nice. I think the EM-1 is keeping it from getting nasty. It has a very strong pungent hops pine type smell.
I like to experiment! I also made some FPJ with bamboo shoots this spring. The plants really seem to like that. I have some OHN in jars but I haven’t tried that yet.
Nice thread man! I like it!

9 Likes

Thanks @Ottafish!
I’ve been trying to catch up on your thread as well. You got some great stuff going on.

That JLF sounds fire! Love how you plug the holes on your barrel too, ingenious :+1::+1:
Hops is a great idea!! Bamboo too! One I’ve been toying with.

3 Likes

Should I add sugar to mine? Mine stinks like hell. Smells like straight sewage. :confounded: I’m getting ready to add a couple cups of fresh chicken turds too. I also love to experiment haha

2 Likes

I’m here I’m here! What’d I miss?? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s my potions :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Still need to get on the imo and fpj etc…

Found some nice mycelium patches I tossed in the garden and compost a couple months ago though :+1:

5 Likes

@Kasper0909 ,If your worried about the smell I’d try adding some other IMO. Maybe some nice active white leaf mold. I don’t think sugar would help in this case, it would just feed what’s in there already I’d think.

If you want to add a sugar source I’d go for a boiled potato or rice wash water. The more complex sugar the more robust and active your microbe population will be.

It is a semi ani aerobic process so they don’t always smell the best.
My Canna is real real stinky still, but my plants are loving it

6 Likes

Glad your here @LegsMahoney , glad your safe up there too homie!
You haven’t missed much except me editing my first post about 55 times :crazy_face:

Nice @SensiBowl! Keeping some LAB fresh and some saturated? I like it!

3 Likes

Ya I’m glad stink isn’t a problem. Doesn’t really matter to me but I wouldn’t mind adding some complex sugars. Rice water is a great idea!!

2 Likes

Got a new LABS started today. Going less this time 4 the 1 tenth of the jar. Thinking of trying to make yogurt with the curds this time. Has anyone tried or done anything with the curds? I know all my animals love it. Including the chickens.

6 Likes

Let me know how the yogurt goes if you do it, my wifes has been wanting to start making her own at home.
We eat it straight, like a farmers cheese with breakfast mostly. You can season it up with all kinds of things. Fig spread and honey, olive oil and S&P red pepper flake

we should get a recipe section going :thinking:

5 Likes

I’ve never been a yogurt fan unless it was like blueberry with lots a sugary syrup stuff, but ima bout to change my thinking on that. I know its so good for you. LAB cheese whatever the technical term is should be a good inoculatent. I’ve been reading some lately.

2 Likes

You can always lower the sugar and syrups on the yogurt until you like it plain. I did that with coffee, and kinda doing it with yogurt after I started eating Noosa with all the fruit in it. Their plain yogurt is real tasty, so I’m ok eating it plain now.

2 Likes

I would love to love plain yogurt honestly. Other ppl in my household do and I just can’t believe it so I’ll try that. :confounded: also I only use brown sugar or cane sugar in my coffee. I am super kinda health conscience.

1 Like

I ran out of sugar and molasses so left the remainder as is :laughing:

3 Likes

This is a great idea! Bamboo is literally a grass, and grass clipping JLF is one of the primary inputs that’s in the book. Also, bamboo has a wildly high concentration of silica ( I just read a stat that bamboo ash contains 70-80% Silica!)

Quote: To be exact, bamboo contains 10 times the amount of silica than stinging nettle or horsetail herb

That calms down a lot as the fermentation progresses, but you’re never gonna want to stick you’re nose :nose: in it.
Good news is: is supposed to smell like that :crazy_face:

5 Likes

It’s the curds, the liquid is whey.

3 Likes

Great thread thanks bud I’ll def be scoping it as a reference and info source. I recycle my soil with compost dabble in making lab and using a somewhat jadam method with the composting.

6 Likes