Beebud's country living journal

LAPK morning

Sowah 4 and a Dog are going down the valley. First STS applied. :grin:

9 Likes

Dad’s dream has always been to build a lake someday. Every since he was a boy this has been his dream. As a kid he would use a little tumblebug behind an old Farmall. Tiny little piles at a time. He never was able to realize his dream other than that small hole when he was a kid. Later on Dad said the family had a guy come in with a dozer and make a nice pond out of it. He would watch the guy build it and another lake a couple miles away.
We worked on a couple projects over the years ut never was able to finish anything other than a real small pond.
Fast forward to present day, Dad’s 89 years old. Hip sockets gone but still getting around.
Got to be of a lot more assistance for him these days.
Call it redneck engineering but it gets him in there. Once he’s in there watch out!
Pics will follow but I’m gonna enjoy the lead up for a bit. :wink:

4 Likes

Weather permitting I go out every morning, grease gas, service, etc. Get him ready for the day. Some days he’s not up for it. Thankfully there’s been a lot more good than bad days this year.
We had a smaller 75 hp machine but it was peddle actuated bucket controls. Legs couldn’t operate anymore so now he’s got a Cadillac! All joy stick now and AC for him.
The old Caterpillar don’t work anyhow so this and the previous 75 have done all the work.
You might wonder, how much productivity can you get out of a little skid steer?
Surely you can build a little water hole they say. But definitely don’t try building anything of size.
Well I agree to a certain extent. Let’s face it, yardage is yardage if you wanna move dirt you gotta have the right tool for the right job… But they ain’t met my Dad!

3 Likes

Here’s a pic when draining.

2 Likes

Here’s now

One bucket at a time, over 400 hours he’s worked down there this year. Proud of that man

8 Likes

Thats amazing that he’s gotten so much done by himself. We have 2 streams on our property and ive always wanted to damn them up to create a small pond.

4 Likes

Those little machines are so productive its crazy.

3 Likes

Trinity

Chocolope

6 Likes

Dogwalker OG

TK

Gabagoo

Mega Maide

LAPK

Hoku Circles (CBD/hemp)

Sannies Jack

Trinity

Scorpion Candy

Scorpion Candy looking up

Chocolope

Ok I’m done uploading, time to get back to this…

11 Likes

Looks like you’re set up for a great winter of honey and good smoke!
Gabagoo is an auto, right? It looks huge!
Which one are you most excited about?

4 Likes

Thanks, yes the Gabagoo is acting differently. I feared it may have been mislabeled because it didn’t flower till it was around 7ft tall. Time will tell hopefully, either way the mystery and big dense buds has this one at the top as far as interest goes.
Heck there are a bunch of those. Ha.

4 Likes

Ha, I bought a pack from JohnnyP recently so I was wondering! Pretty impressive if it wasn’t mislabeled…
Yeah you have a great lineup. I asked but I knew it would be hard to pick a favorite :grin:

3 Likes

Beautiful seedless bud to enjoy, but these silly buds keep grabbing my attention. I’m seeing OG influence at work here. Lol

6 Likes

Hope for some sub-60°F nights. The Scorpion Candy really purples up nicely.

1 Like

My daughter asked me if I needed any honey. I told her I have a guy I get it from…

1 Like

You betcha :wink:
Speaking of Scorpion Candy…
Prolly not a bad idea to get some netting on her before the next rain. Sure is pretty. Pm resistant. And the smells are so nice, and changing some now. Excited for this one.

6 Likes

Me too, and she’s gorgeous! :fire:

1 Like

Pretty sunsets lately. Got a Milo field and two sunflower fields located to shoot some sunsets.

Motorbreath 15 sunset tonight

6 Likes