Berserker’s Autoflower Adventure 😈

This will be my second big auto grow. My first was in my RDWC system and it crushed it. :muscle:t3:
I do know about the cup restriction and tap root theory. Tbh, I gotta get to the hydro store for more soil, but I just wanted to let them pop out of the soil before putting them into 1 gal bags. Planning to go up to a 3-5 gal to finish, depending on how big they get or how quickly they begin to flower.

4 Likes

I put an order in for some of that spray earlier this week.

1 Like

I have used solo cups with inserts so to speak for years and found with my setup and its my setup I’m talking about they wanted to be up potted sooner than the perpetual setup allowed so I would end up transplanting twice solo to #1 nursery to 3 gallon so I started going directly into the #1 pots unless it’s a heavy week like a breeding project or whatever then I bust out the solo cups

Grow looking great sir

Bliss

4 Likes

I’ve decided to skip the 1 gallon pots and go straight to 3 gallon fabric pots, for the nine seedlings that have sprouted. These will be their final containers. I will start germination on the other strains, next week.

19 Likes

It’s all about timing with autos,found that out first time I tried to make seeds have to be on the ball with the autos unlike the photo plants well this was my experience

timing is critical for sure and I’ve always had the best luck separating males and collecting pollen then at week 5 or 6 I will hit the plant which gives it time to finish but also gives you enough seed to make it worth doing I have to add my autos all run to about 12 weeks so 2 or 3 weeks into flower I pollinate them then run them another 6 or 7 weeks till I harvest good luck

Bliss

2 Likes

Those look pretty wet. That’s what happened the few times I tried to start them in big pots. It stays wet way to long so I failed. I’ve seen other people who just have a little wet spot around the plant in the middle. I can’t hardly do that. I’m a chronic over waterer, so I pot up as I go(even though they say not to with autos).

Hopefully its all good. Not tryin to nitpick or anything. Its just a problem I’ve had.

2 Likes

Don’t listen to them about not up potting ok… bunch of bull…
Start them in 1gal plastic nursery pots or like me, Orchid pots for more air flow… u control moisture better… Do NOT start in small cups as it tends to cause stunted plants in autos…
Up pot after sex shows, hopefully about 3wks… go into 3gal felt pots, walla…
Starting w/plastic pots allows the large roots to get established giving it a foothold… felt pot air trims and causes feeder roots to develop…

3 Likes

Things are moving along. I’ll be starting more seeds, tomorrow. :metal:t3:

15 Likes

as far as the up potting debate it’s just that a debate and it isnt it will without a doubt affect the plants but for some and I’m one I have no choice I run a perpetual and I just dont have room to veg in 3 gallon pots my only suggestion is if you are going to up pot do so with care and as little impact to the root zone as you can your grow looks great I also grow 8 autos in 3 gallon pots in a 2x4 tent cant wait to see how you make out

Bliss

3 Likes

Here we go! :rocket:

Some small substitutions from the original lineup. I swapped out the Black Label Special Reserve for the Autoflower Cup winning Special Reserve Cookies III. I also swapped out the 3 Blackstrap for the 6 “Breeders Selection” of Blackstrap. :metal:t3:

12 Likes

What we have here, is a guy with a seed collecting problem… hahaha. bro, nice selection…
jealous a bit, love Mephisto genetics, used their gear to make both my auto strains even…

Up Potting and potting autos…
2 ways I start autos…

1… I start them in a 1.5 - 2gal Oxy Pot and never up pot… the pots air trim the roots just like a felt pot and with most autos only running 65 days, root bound is never an issue… just like the ones I just started… hehe…

2… Non fem seeds… takes more pots to find the girls ya need, I need 5, so I drop 12 - 15
and this meant 1gal plastic nursery pots… amazed with the results… IMHO this is the best and proper way to grow autos…
…why? Starting in the plastic pot allows the plant to grow the thick roots that I call establishing roots, the plant getting a grip on it’s location… by the time it sex’s, usually 2-3 wks, any sooner and she’s a runt usually… up pot females to felt pots, 3gal, and this will begin the excellent process of air trimming them big roots and start feeder roots developing, which is what you want in flowering…

Autos do just fine up potting, did it for 5yrs with great results and bigger plants… tried the 12oz cups, stunted them bad… I prefer about a 3ft auto…

Your setup is so clean and nice… pulling up a chair my friend… luck

3 Likes

Is it that obvious? Lmao :sweat_smile:
Not counting the seeds I made myself, I don’t think this is even 1% of my seed collection.

1 Like

The Grape Dosi Breath seedlings are doing well.

11 Likes

How do you collect your water? I can’t see under there lol I’m in coco and it’s a real hassle :woman_facepalming::joy:

Also, your plants are looking great! Is that a 2x4 you’re squeezing those in?

1 Like

There’s a circular drain pan under each one. Yeah, that’s a 2x4, but that’s just where I’m starting them. I’ll be moving everything into my grow room, once they get bigger.

3 Likes

Well damn, I thought you had a massive secret to share lol I have 3 in my 2x4 and they’re really squeezed in! And they’re autos! 1 in 5gal and 2 in 3 gal.

You just vacuum the runoff?

Good luck :+1:

2 Likes

I haven’t been watering enough for much runoff. I don’t need to saturate the pots for these little girls, yet.
I tore down my main grow area & 2 hydroponic systems, because I needed space to hang dry my outdoor. It’s all dried, now. Since I have a nice open area, I figured it would be a good time to do a big auto run & seed project. I’ll put my selected plants for the seed run in my 4x4, and grow everything else in my empty grow room. It will be less about space, and more about having enough lighting to adequately grow the plants. I should be able to cover a good size area with what I have.

4 Likes

What time period do you space out germinating the plant you will hit with silver versus the plants that will receive the feminized pollen.

As soon as I seen bud sites I start to spray with silver
420ppm CS spray you want to spray once a day for 10 days since 420ppm is pretty strong
Same with pollen as soon as I see bud sites white pistels I start with pollen takes 4-6 weeks for seeds to be ready that’s almost half your grow with autos, you harvest an auto around 13 weeks that’s what I go by,
But you want to spray a lot of branches with autos sometimes there’s no pollen inside the sacks so I do the whole plant ,then bin it after I collect the pollen

When they start looking like this even less
Pistels I start spraying with autos

5 Likes