Best citrus-y strain?

Wow some nice citrus recommendations for sure. That lemon diesel thing sounds nice cuz the only thing I have grown was the Super Lemon Haze that is full lemons on the nose and taste.

14 Likes

Had a Jilly Bean that was like biting into mandarin orange. Also had a Super Lemon Haze that tasted like lemon jolly ranchers. Neither plant produced well though, both were let go.

8 Likes

Geez, those cmh are pretty damn good, eh?!

1 Like

The best Orange Citrus Strain I’ve ever grown and tested is Bodhis Orange SunShine. I have F2s and I also crossed the OSS male to a Strayfox Daisy May which is Bodhi’s Sunshine Daydream butter cut x Good Medicine (Harlequin x Appy) f2 so potentially high CBD phenos could be found in the mix with my Orange Daisy, @Pedro_Bann has grown her out maybe has more info.

So stick around build some Rep then shoot me a pm about some Bodhi Orange Sunshine f2, and my Orange Daisy.

12 Likes

What is F2/F1? i’ve seen it a few times now but unsure of its meaning

2 Likes

This link may explain f1s but wordsmiths continuously battle with the meaning of what’s an F1. Cannabis crosses are not F1s, so says science!

The short answer is an F1 is two strains crossed together to make a new strain.

F2s are just a male and female selected from the F1 stock and bred to each other.

6 Likes

THey are fairly efficient and seem to do the job.

My space is small…2’x 3’…wanted to push my shit to the limit. I have 300+ watts of led…I couldnt see the harm in moving all that to another closet and using the 315 just for flowering. 25 plant limit is actually quite a few plants…lol

Have my buddy coming over this week to install a 220v line from my breaker/braker to my room. Would hate to go over my 15 amp limit.

3 Likes

You should like the CMH in the flower room. I have 3 in mine and 1 in the veg/male room.

4 Likes

Lemon Fizz from Calyx Bros is off the charts lemons. I have grown both the F2 and F3, and both exceeded expectations. Big plants with lots of frost.

www.soaknbeans.com if you’re interested in the Fizz.

My 2 cents
-GH

5 Likes

Vapester…That bud looks super dank Buddy…Good job on her.

I would love to burn that Lemon Haze look yummy. But, anything with strong Haze properties, tends to make me paranoid haha.

K.

2 Likes

Hello everybody

Super lemon haze
Lemon skunk
Cream mandarin
Tangie
Agent orange
Panama
Panama haze

All the best

3 Likes

I am just getting ready to buy new lights pretty quick here.

I have done some research, and am planning on using 50/50% CMH, and DE/HPS in my shop.

Would you say it is a safe move for me? I have another buddy running the CMH’s alone and is loving them. What would your take on it be?

K.

2 Likes

I use the HPS bulbs with more 30% of blue light, and they did a better work (more resin) than HPS

And yes it’s not the first time I read for exemple people forgetting to change CMH for HPS bulb saying it’s better quality (IMO it’s not the same result because it’s not the same light. I saw the difference in taste with just 30% more blue light) but no information about the quantity haha (mine is the same)

If it can help you

1 Like

Thanks Bud!!

I still plan on doing it, I just like hearing from others who have used the gear before. Thanks very much Mang.

K.

Fleur du Mal Seeds has sick selections for delicious orange terps in his C99 BX:

Ran 50+ seeds and legit every one was keeper quality, had patients all over town telling me their orange-scented C99 genetics (got some crosses from him too) were the best of their outdoor gardens that year.

6 Likes

Am I reading that right $60 per ea, are they talking ea seed?

CMH are great but not quite the penetration as as MH and HPS. If that is important then the mix would be good. Also if you are ok with more heat from the HPS then it would also be good. Depends on funds and how long u wanna go before changing bulbs as well as CMH tend to cost more upfront but bulbs have a long life.

1 Like

Nah it’s a 10-pack for $60. He also has some 25-packs for $50 for mixed durban c99 genetics. Sure he’d cut a deal if you messaged him, good guy, oldschool, preservationist.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response Buddy…

I already have 48 1000’s going, so the heat is not really an issue for me.So me dropping half of them for the 630’s, is only going to help the issue. Funds for good equipment, should not be a problem after this pull, for me. I usually change my bulbs after no more than three pulls regardless…So the longer life span, is a bonus for me.

Thanks again Pal.

K.

1 Like