Crockett Family Farms

I’ve had some of my favorite plants from the DNA family but I haven’t bought off of them since 2016. I was very impressed with Tangie and I found 3 plants that could have been keeper quality, but this is my only exp with CFF. However, I have ran several packs from Reserva Privada, DNA, and Elemental seeds that I was very impressed with but Reserva P really went downhill and I will not buy from them anymore.
Crockett seems like they never really lost their genetics or gone downhill, so I just dropped $400 on their gear. It’s hard to find Tangie in stock in the US, but I’m still pretty happy with my seed choices. I ended up getting Double Tangie Banana, Hell’s Fire OG, Crockett’s Haze, and Banana Pie. There was a different seed bank that had Tangieland and Strawberry Fields in stock, but I saved about $80 buying from SeedsHereNow… Anyways, I’m fine with anyone talking about any of DNA’s line-up. I’ll go first and talk about my favorite strain that has gone downhill since 2016, it was Reserva Privada’s Kandy Kush. You can still buy seeds, but I wouldn’t. I bought several packs of this in the past and I would always get 3x plants that were straight fire out of a pack, but that’s not the case anymore. This is probably the stinkiest strain that I have grown. My 2nd favorite was from Elemental Seeds(from DNA’s family) and they had True OG that they discontinued. As far as I am concerned, that was the only strain they had that was worth a damn. This one smelled sour like old man’s coffee breath, but if grown right, it smelled more like a cat’s litter box. I held onto it for 3yrs and called it my “Litter box pheno” and my friends still ask me what happened to it.
Anyways, back to CFF. Their Tangie reminded me of some fancy soap that my grandma used to keep next to the sink. You might know what I’m talking about, but she had these fancy soaps in the shape of roses next to the sink and they were very fragrant. The closest that I can compare it to was maybe like a orange creamsicle, but a little extra sharp with the citrus. Orange sharpie perhaps? I would like to hear about your Exp… Also, I’m looking into OG#18 crosses. It was very popular when I was buying Kandy Kush and both strains lost their “Special” around the same time. If the new #18 crosses bring back the “Special” qualities, I’ll be buying them up soon. Thanks for reading!!!

14 Likes

If your looking for decent candy kush dynasty’s Carmel candy kush from professor P might be worth checking out.

1 Like

The Kandy Kush that I had was OG Kush x Trainwreck and the smell was way over the top. It’s the skunkiest strain I’ve seen grow and the smell was skunk, pine, cedar, and lemon. I’ve seen Doc D’s strain, but I seriously doubt that they are the same. However, if it’s one that really brings the funk I would like to know about it. Thanks for the reply and I’m not trying to be rude at all and I hope that I don’t come across like that. I had to tell my father in law that my dogs got sprayed by a skunk and rolled on our carpet, but he didn’t buy it. He’s a conservative Baptist that probably never smoked weed, but he knew damn well that I was growing weed. it was impossible to hide the smell…

4 Likes

a bit back i ran their og18 it wasnt bad. i was really impressed with it, grew easy and gave nice sticky buds, it was a freebie though. but that line up you got sounds real solid. i have never had the chance yet to run crocket gear yet but in the future for sure.
what was it that brought you to choose the strains from them?
in any case all sound like a good choice

1 Like

I went off of a list of their cup winners, CFF’s IG account, what was in stock, YouTube reviews, Leafly reviews, and a couple of reviews on RIU… Also, I ran their Tangie before and I was impressed with the quality of the entire pack, it wasn’t hard to find a keeper. I told myself that I was going to try more from them one day(2017) and I’m kinda running into a problem where I am having trouble finding keepers from recent seed packs.
Double Tangie Banana sounds like they added the Tangie flavor to Banana’s potency.
Crockett’s Haze has the Mexican sativa and I’ve been missing skunky strains from the 90’s lately, I’m hoping this has roadkill skunk type thing going.
Banana Pie won a couple of cup awards and has an interesting terp profile of key lime and banana bread
Hell’s Fire is supposed to be a gassy and sticky. I wanted something fruity and something gassy or skunky on this order. I really wanted SSOG, but it wasn’t in stock and Hell’s Fire has won cup awards so it seemed like a good choice.

1 Like

It looks like there are new crosses with OG#18 and I would have bought SSOG if it was in stock, but there are other crosses with #18 and I will most likely buy them if this seed purchase goes well.

1 Like

yeah makes sense, the ones you got are nothing but nice, and yes i admit my eye went right to the haze.
so i would say you will have some nice winners going, will you run any for seed or pluck the males and just do a seedless run?

1 Like

I’d love to find some of their tangie, doesn’t appear to be available in seed form anywhere. Orange weed especially cali-o and it’s crosses are some of my favorites. I should probably just try to find a real cali-o cut being in norcal… i’m sure it’s around somewhere.

1 Like

I love this seedbank.

1 Like

I’m trying to get a greenhouse built, so I’m just looking for females for now. I have way too much going on to worry about making seeds. However, I have like 6 packs of bodhi’s SSDD that I will make seeds out of one day. If I find something impressive enough, I might buy several packs of it to get a larger selection, but now is not the time lol. I just ran about 7 packs of Bodhi’s gear and didn’t find anything that I was super impressed with, which is sad because he was killing it for a while.

2 Likes

I saw Tangie in stock in some UK seed banks. I know what you are saying though, I settled for Double Tangie Banana. I’m hoping it’s one of those that will get restocked though, because it seems like good strains don’t stick around forever…

1 Like

This isn’t even an option in Oklahoma yet lol. I’ve been planting seeds for 10yrs and that’s about the only way of finding stuff here. My wife is really big on Cali-O crosses and we have tried a few. Orange creamsicle is one of our favorite flavors in a joint. Good luck to you!!!

2 Likes

Thanks! yeah, orange creamsicle is very tasty. I had a friend who did a very, very, orange-y pheno of jillybean for a long time that was to die for as well :drooling_face:

Used to get cali-o often but don’t see it around as much anymore. As much as legalization in cali has been great it’s really been a bummer from a “what great weed is available.” Now a days most growers seem to be chasing flavor of the month indica dom polyhybrid junk and no longer take as much time with the cure etc.

Anyways, don’t want to be a downer and I wish you the best of luck with these crockett genetics!

1 Like

I was on the fence between TGA’s gear and Crockett. Mz Jill has her seed company now and Badger has most of the stuff that Jill doesn’t. Badger atleast has Chernobyl, JTR, and Cuvee. I think that I saw Queen Ann’s Revenge or something on both sites. I’m pretty sure that all of TGA’s gear is F2 at this point because of his house fire. I felt more comfortable dropping money on CFF this go around…

1 Like

Totally - makes a lot of sense. I know when I was looking into getting some jillybean beans they were referenced as F2’s from mizz jill. Such a bummer all the genetics that were lost :’(

Crockett’s seems like the right choice!

1 Like

I remember those too at my grandmas. The ones you were not supposed to use. As a kid it never made sense to have soap in the bathroom by the sink but you were not supposed to use them!

3 Likes

That’s exactly right, you weren’t supposed to use them lol. I almost said that, but I didn’t know if that was just my G-ma that said that, funny! Picture an orange flavor soap that was really floral and you pretty much have my description of Tangie. I was impressed with trich coverage too…

2 Likes

Your in luck… iv got a few Tangie I can trade… hit me up in DM.

3 Likes

I’m going to get around to Mz Jill and Badger later, but I’m def interested in THCv that Jack the Ripper has. Also, JillyBean is one of the most popular Cali-O crosses so I’ll def check it out again… I heard that TGA had to buy back seed packs from vendors to get his strains back, def sucks!!!

1 Like

Highly, highly recommend jilly. It’s not uber strong but it has one of the best up/euphoric/anxiolytic/positive highs I’ve gotten to enjoy with the delish orange terps.

1 Like