Best Fertilizer?

@Dr.VitaminGreen

The Tidy Cats buckets hold 35 Lbs of litter and they seem to hold about 5 gallons of loosely shoveled dirt. My friend drilled 6 holes in the bottom, and around the top: two along each long edge, one in the middle of each short edge, and one in each corner (for tying down strings to hold the branches down). I use the lid for a tray under it.

I followed the Dr. Earth fertilizer schedule as recommended by @supershitfuck. It is a 420-Caret.

6 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the reply, good way to repurpose. :sunglasses:
Out of likes, as per usual lol

1 Like

Hold on a min… I’ll get you a pic

1 Like

@Dr.VitaminGreen

Ok here are a couple of pictures as promised:

Bottom:

Rim:

The front makes a good place for a label.:grin::+1:

7 Likes

Do they some how make sure it’s virus and viroid free?
heat alone doesn’t kill viroids that’d worry me

2 Likes

That’s so awesome, thank you for going out of your way for those pictures. I would give you a 100 likes if I could :100:

I’m going to have to go DIY one this weekend ha

1 Like

well you did better than me! i always get some leaf weirdness or discoloration, as soon a it starts to flower, yours is 100% healthy looking

so you bought the 3 fertilizers?

nice nickname, is it rachel but mike tyson says it?

1 Like

LMAO! Ok, that was funny!

3 Likes

Most plastic containers have the volume molded into them. My Tidy Cats containers are 20 liters, 5.3 gal. :+1:

3 Likes

No, it’s pronounced like a Christmas wreath — EL. It was my mother’s name. An homage to her.

A difficult woman, but always a strong person, a fighter and always tried to do her very best at everything.

Sorry, I don’t get the Tyson reference.

And @potpotpot is right, the bottom of my buckets say that too. 5.3 U.S.G.

7 Likes

How should we know?
The proof is in the pudding.
Do you feel good after ingesting it?
If the answer is yes then the answer is yes.

Just looking for an opinion on the progress… still a week or two away from harvest and an additional two weeks for cure, so it’s still a work in progress.

1 Like

Crustacean Meal
Soft Rock Phosphate
Kelp Meal
Neem Meal
Azomite
Glacial Rock Dust
Gypsum
Sul-Po-Mag
Dolomite Lime

You can grow big plants with good quality just using those.

3 Likes

Ultimately, if you are satisfied, you are successful.

But in my opinion, yeah, it looks like you’re doing a hell of a job :+1:

2 Likes

it looks like you’re killing it for a newbie @Reithel ! you don’t seem that new to growing, lol! i love how you’re re-using your containers.

which strain is this that you’re growing? i didn’t see a mention of it in your thread, or maybe i missed it.

2 Likes

@highminwin

It’s called 420-Carats

I did a lot of reading before I started growing, then I found this Overgrow group and have been reading many posts.

Sometimes the posts here are confusing because they are written by experienced growers and worded for folks who are knowledgeable… they have abbreviations and slang and euphemisms that make clarity challenging for someone who is truly new.

Sometimes I read stories about plants that are producing buds by the POUND and I know my little girls aren’t going anywhere near that much… so then I wonder what I’ve done wrong, but I don’t grow outdoors and I guess that makes a big difference! LoL.

5 Likes

Got to veg a long time to hit a lb on a plant is why you usually only see it outdoors. They also use alot of soil lol, i have seen 150 gallon trees that are 4 or 5 lbs lol, that would have me set for a long long time :sweat_smile:

Quicker to have 4 plants produce 4 ounces each, and cheaper on the electric bill as well.

Gram per watt is a great standard for indoors, or as long as your jar never empties that’s usually my standard :wink:

7 Likes

It’s hard to judge size from the pic, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you get several ounces from that pictured plant. It looks great. So you are doing way better than most I think.

2 Likes

Thanks for the optimism @LennyB !

I’ll let you know… shouldn’t be much longer. My friend is bringing a microscope over later today! :grin::+1:

4 Likes

Final top from above plant: (using scissors for height comparison):

Box containing all buds from Whoopi after initial clip.

Sad to see her go, but I have her clones growing, so … circle of life. 🥲 :green_heart: :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes