Best Jack Herer or Cross?

Hey all!

Curious what the best example of Jack Herer or a Jack cross you’ve come across and why.

Might be grabbing some for a project I have an idea for.

Thanks in advance!!

6 Likes

I’ve run a local (Oregon) dispensary sourced clone for a few years now. It’s not super lemony but I have yet to find a better cut. I’d Love to find seeds worth searching too.

4 Likes

here’s a jack herer I grew last winter . She produced some fine smoke. Seeds were ordered from Niagara seed bank

6 Likes

Cinderella 99 and Princess 88 from Fleur Du Mal get my vote

17 Likes

I’ve read good things about the FDM Cinderella.
Thanks for mentioning!

4 Likes

My favorite Jack Herer strain is called Sannie’s Jack F9 from Sannie’s Seeds.

It’s an original Jack he’s held and worked for close to twenty years.
This Jack is heavy yielding. You won’t be disappointed.

I stand corrected. Sannie has been working his Sannie’s Jack since 1998. Wow, that’s a long time.

16 Likes

What do you like about these in particular?

2 Likes

How good of a yield are we talkin?

1 Like

@Maddawg knows something about the Jack

5 Likes

i did some breeding with an Apollo 11 genius pheno (f4 i think) from bodhi seeds. he seems to rant and rave about it, and it seems like my cross turned out pretty well. :+1:

8 Likes

This hybrid from Lucky Dog looks like it could be very interesting

10 Likes

@Maddawg has a whole sweep of crosses. maybe ask him which is his fav?

9 Likes

I guess I will release my story on the Jack Herer that I have been holding as I have released a bunch of seeds already…

I have a good friend that has a “special thing” for the original Jack Herer :arrow_down_small:
OJHS 1-8 jar

Long story short: We were all at my brothers house for a shindig and he pulls out an new jar of his beloved Jack Herer. Like I said, the dude has a “Special Thing” for the Jack Herer… We are all sitting around passing the bong and as he is breaking the bud up to load up the grinder and he finds a seed. Dude went absolutely Ape Shit… I am surprised he didn’t drop the seed…

He gave the seed to me to grow.
The plant was a beast from the get go. It was out growing all of my other plants. I had to train the hell out of it to keep it short. I should have known it was going to be a male.

Anyway, Here is a picture of him shortly after he was pulled out of the flower room.

I have kept a few cuts since.

Here are some pics of the crosses I have facilitated with Jack H.

(C99 seeded up with Jack)

Rebel Cookies Seeded up with Jack H.

I have facilitated a bunch of Jack Crosses since then. :wink:

I am looking for a true Jack H. female to breed him with.

@DesertGrown That Sannie’s Jack F9 sounds promising.
@Dirt_Wizard Thanks for the heads up on C99 from FDM.

Cinderella 99 , also known as “C99,” “Cindy,” and “Cindy 99,” is a sativa-dominant hybrid marijuana strain bred by Mr. Soul of Brothers Grimm. According to Mr. Soul, C99 was created using seeds found in a Sensi branded 2 gram package of Jack Herer purchased at an Amsterdam coffee shop.

As you can see by @sardinebags flow chart I have crossed Jack a few times. I have more crosses I will post up on the OG when I have grown out some more of the crosses.

I may be limited on the crosses in the flow chart as most of those were small batches to grow out before going big. I do have plenty of the Gelonade crosses and Some C99 and Rebel crosses. The rest are limited at this time…

If anyone is wanting to trade some beans shoot me your info and I will get them headed your way. :call_me_hand:

16 Likes

i grew the jack from sanny since f6/f7.(sorry can’t remeber clearly) i have to say that i don’t like the f9 as much as the f6/f7 because i got that metalish kind of smell, the lemony goodness from f7 wasn’t present. it’s still a damn good yielder and can take some abuse, doesn’t need that much ferts either. the high is still pretty strong. when i had the f6/f7 just exclusively back then i was kind of scared to come home because the weed is so strong and to me paranoia inducing and i had nothing else to smoke lol

@Maddawg any chance you still have or can get some pollen of your male? i think it would be a nice match to my lady cane pheno number 2.

greetz

10 Likes

They’re quick and easy to grow, very productive and resistant to stress, and they’ve got that nice terpinolene base with some pineapple and mango flavors over it. Just really good, motivational weed that I can smoke any time.

@mndlss @DesertGrown I’ve heard a lot of good things over the years about Sannie’s Jack, I’m going to have to give it a try sometime.

8 Likes

nothing wrong with that and while you’re at it get the killing fields too. monster yielder of very beautiful reddish buds :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Appreciate the info!

Yes! I have a little bit of pollen left from a recent collection.
Just shoot me your info and I will get some headed your way.

August is a crazy month for me… The Family has 5 birthdays this month so there is quite a bit of partying going on. I may be a little slow in getting stuff out…

@Dirt_Wizard :+1: on on that! Great day time motivating smoke. Very productive no matter what I have thrown at it. I have sent it into flower all beat up and she still produces… I have actually thrown just about everything at her and she just keeps chugging along I pretty much just leave C99 alone and she will stretch a bit and pack on the buds…

6 Likes

Hey mad, thanks a ton man, I really appreciate it and if you’re interested I’ll send you some seeds when the job is done! I’ll get back to you via dm. And don’t sweat it, I’m not the fastest myself lol

3 Likes

Tree of Life (Jack x Temple) from Bodhi. Good luck finding any of those seeds, though; that one’s been gone for a whiiiiiiile. If you can find some, though… hoowee.

12 Likes

@mndlss , E$kob@r’s Lady Cane (Super Silver Haze x G13) is an incredible hybrid strain as well as a great yielding cross.
The Lady Cane I grew, years ago, turned into a monster plant outdoors. I’ll tell ya… that’s a high I’d like to enjoy again in my life!

@Ceilingless I’m talking a very nice yielding Jack. There are a few known phenos and all of them are heavy yielding with that distinct JH smell. The lemony-citrus, spicy earth haze smell is unmistakable to those who are Jack Herer fans.

@Maddawg … I’ll admit it, I act similarly to your friend when I find a viable seed in weed that I like. It’s THE bonus to smoking weed.
It’s not the same, now, as it was back in the early 80’s when I started saving seeds I found in lids of weed and from the various bags of weed I came across where I grew up in California. If only I still had some of those seeds now…

7 Likes