Jack herer connoisseurs, I need input!

I’m still looking to get my greasy paws on some jack herer… after a failed trade here im saying to hell with it and just going to buy some. I’m looking for recommendations on which breeders have the best jack herer… looking thru the seed banks theres a million varieties, some listed as sativa some as indica etc…

Which breeder produces your favorite “true to strain” jack herer???

Feminized preferred but I can make do with regs if I have to.

10 Likes

Jack was originally made by Sensi Seeds, so if you want the old school original that’s where I would start. I think Seedsman sells Jack from Sensi also……

9 Likes

Thanks! I’ll take a look. I just found a jack herer X blueberry on Jordan of the islands, but I kind of want the original

2 Likes

Don’t go to sensi, stuff ain’t what it was.
If you was looking for Maple leaf that’s where I’d go but for nothing else anymore.
I like McDonald frys and burgar kings whopper.
You have to use the same theory in buying beans.

12 Likes

I dunno, but I ran the seedsman freebie Jack a year ago and wouldn’t run it again. Maybe Sannie’s Jack?

10 Likes

I’m with you there. :+1:

6 Likes

If you want the original Jack, I think you’ll have to. :slight_smile: The seeds that produce that plant are a combination of genetics from a specific female, and a specific male.

To get that plant, you have to have those seeds. You may get close to a great example of a specific female, but I don’t think you can get the real Jack from fems.

I will freely admit that I have nothing to back that up with beyond my own, slightly prejudiced, understanding. :upside_down_face:

@lefthandseeds, I grew a fem Jack freebie from Seedsman, and was similarly underwhelmed. :expressionless:

Great thread BTW @Grease_Monkey. :+1::+1: I’ll be keeping an eye on this one. Hoping to ride your coattails to the real thing. :grinning:
:guitar:

12 Likes

Sannies is the real deal no watered out attempt .

5 Likes

Lol yea I figured regs would be the most legit. Fems are just so much easier in a 2x2 tent lol less wasted time sexing

5 Likes

I was fortunate enough a few years back to get a 5 pack of freebies sannie was passing out when jack died . I believe he called it missing you jack can’t get any more real than what those were .

6 Likes

I was just checking out the sannies jack. They’re F9s and supposidly quite stable. Unfortunatly they’re payment methods suck. But I may consider sending cash lol

5 Likes

Cash is safe with sannie never had a payment go missing . Just time consuming doing it the old school way is all .

5 Likes

Thats the main thing is tge time, but also the potential of the mail losing it aswell. I emailed and asked if there was any way to do an email money transfer lol

3 Likes

Risk is low even overseas, especially these days. I have never had a package go missing either coming or going international. Sometimes takes 4 weeks though, and 4 weeks to get back.

Jack’s been Sannie’s flagship for years, I remember checking their site like 8 years ago when they were on F5-F6. It’s like 9 or something now. Wouldn’t keep doing it if it sucked. Sensi gear is really expensive and people have mixed reports. Some people like Nirvana Jock Horror better than the Sensi version. I haven’t grown any Jack now or ever so grain of salt.

6 Likes

Haze,Shiva Skunk, Northern Lights#5 is the strain Weedseedsexpress sell fem. and reg. good prices too, I havent grown this strain so I cant vouch for it.

1 Like

Yea bud, stick with the Original ill go on on that with yea, Jack Herer has been on my list for a while… do I hear a seed run!?

1 Like

I as well have never had a pack lost. I’ve ordered from all over the world

@Grease_Monkey I can always start regs for you and weed (pun totally intended) out the males

I’m a ways off from starting anything new, ive got time to shop lol

I’ve got one sensi Jack herer growing RN. Have even sexed the jack but I’m growing 6 diff sensi strains RN too. They cant all be watered down BS genetics I figure…

6 Likes