Best Jack Herer or Cross?

I wish I still had it, definitely has some very unique Terps that reminded me of the old school Jack H I had back in the day. I lost it when I lost the Corey 95 and the slushy beer.

4 Likes

This seems like the best place for what I’ve got. Hopefully someone here has an answer for me :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Does anyone remember who made these? I spent a good deal of time today hitting the search bar looking for clues, but nothing looked or felt like a seed run in the results I got. I went as far back in the Breeders Lab topics as I could go, and nothing there either.

Reason I ask is, I received a couple of these in a trade awhile back. Finally got around to popping them to run as solo cup plants for a fun little thing, lo and behold I find a male today. No biggie, not to me at least. Maybe I’ll keep him around and see what he does. I know they’re supposed to be fems, but I remember hearing of a couple other people getting some males from the same seeds, in a Discord group I was in for awhile. Not sure why, although I do have a guess. Accidents happen, right.

So, if possible, I’d like to check out the thread for the seed run that made these, if there is one. Mostly I’m curious about where the plants they used to make the seeds came from. There’s so many possible sources for Jack Herer, I’d hate to even attempt a guess.

Edit: I seriously just saw that it says regular photoperiod in the description. So now I’m super confused because the picture says fem photo :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@Banquo I’m not sure who made them, but this is where they were given away: Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics - #1815 by Sebring

4 Likes

My favorite Jack Herer cross I’ve tried is Black Jack from Sweet Seeds, love the balance between the more indica body from the Black Domina and the long lasting motivating plateau of the Jack Herer. There’s a harmony between what people seem to call “cathedral” incense and solvent/fuel which is perfect, while not losing the terpinolene base note which makes Jack Jack.

I would like to try growing Cinderella 99 or Princess 88 from FDM next year based on everything I’ve heard about it here. I may try growing Black Jack as well since I’ve wanted to grow it for years. Any other recommendations for good Jack strains / crosses for the 2024 growing season? I had my eye on Bodhi’s Purple Empress but wasn’t so sure about the Purple Unicorn parent. For a little background, I will probably be cross pollinating them with some landrace sativa male, not sure which one yet. Likely something very eucalyptol heavy.