Best strains to breed with SA Kwazulu - Besides Durban

I spent 11 years there everything from that area was same: thin budded sativa that the women would (first slap their hand under their armpit to gather sweat then roll it to a thin pencil bit like a thai stick minus the stick) and then pack it in paper roll.

4 Likes

they wouldn’t bother doing that if the buds were nice and tight i think

2 Likes

So with that in mind. I curiously must ask what do you smoke during your 11 years in South Africa or what did you find was the best quality ( Non imported of course just SA heirloom or landrace varieties. )

2 Likes

durban or malawi were best some of the swazi stuff could also be potent

2 Likes

Well thats nice to know at least.

1 Like

there is a thread we discussed this in earlier this week

6 Likes

Mind you we are talking about 1986-1991 before the duch strains ruined the landraces

1 Like

I like the structure on these and i would prefer them not to stretch anymore then they already will these have a medium amount of branching. That tight node structure can be useful bred into very wide node phenos.

1 Like

there is also Pondoland which was known as Transkei weed back then. it was the basic weed that was always available but never really preferred

1 Like

Ive heard of it but don’t know much about it besides that it is a African varietal.

This is the lankier of the two. But thinner leafs, branching is a bit better. And more cold resistance.

8 Likes

Some Thai is the classic answer, in that vein, I’d think about Golden tiger (Thai/ Malawi).
Another option might be Bangi Haze (Congolese/Nepalese hybrid).

Lots of options, have a look at Ace seeds and see if anything sparks an interest.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Thanks Gpaw, I have a super malawi haze mutant female that slowly growing out but I dont really want to make fem seed if it can be helped.

1 Like

Lol i misunderstood the OP question because i didn’t know what kwa zulu strain was because i’ve never seen buds like that in that area ever

1 Like

i mean Southafrican Kwazulu (World of Seeds Bank) :: Cannabis Strain Info

1 Like

Yeah, thats what I’m growing.

i just assumed everything from that area was durban poison or swazi

1 Like

so i pretty much hijacked your thread sorry

1 Like

I believe we have like 2,000 post or something before we run out of room.

1 Like

I really enjoyed the Purple Malawi :yum:, I know it has some indica but sativa looks and effects … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes