BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log (Part 1)

More air, more gas, more power. Same thing with fuel injection. Lol

2 Likes

Oh, hell yeah. I noticed right off that they not only request more food… they DEMAND more food. I am going at least, 150% what I normally feed at this stage. I figger if they wanna eat I will feed as much as they want, unless they start to burn. As long as they are staying healthy and asking for more, I will give it to them. Right now I am doing ALMOST full strength nutes (usually I use about half strength during veg and about 3/4 strength during flower… never full strength) And I am doing 2 feedings with nutes and 1 feeding with plain water (normally alternate nute, water, nute, water.)
So yes… I am thinking the BBP makes the plants able to uptake more nutrients than normal. Actually my plants want to drink more of ANYTHING, nutes or plain water. I used to water every other day, now if I go 2 days the plants are wilted. so they really are drinking more than normal.

13 Likes

You say they got hungry? Feed them they will want more.

3 Likes

Holy shit @BigMike55 , well done! Youre gonna need bigger jars! Lol

Beautiful Girlz!!!

3 Likes

Thanks guys and/or gals for the vote of confidence. I worked hard to get these girls where they are, with a little help of new buddy Bob @BudBusterPro

My shed tent is not looking REAL good. It is not air conditioned or cooled out there so I am a little stuck with the weather. Its been in the high 90’s for several days already and when it does that, my shed gets well over 100. I keep the door open during the day with a box fan pulling air through the door. I also have a few other fans circulating and one of those Arctic Air things to cool it down buck nothing seems to work. Tent has been high 90’s for several days and the plants are noticing it.

7 Likes

Four days ago I woke up and, as I usually do, I checked my readings on temp and humidity in the green room. 110 degrees. The air conditioning had shelled out. I put another unit in but for most of the day it was scorching in there even with four fans trying to bring in air from the rest of the house.

Fingers crossed, no late flower nanners.

5 Likes

Heres that shed tent. Buds look ok but the plants are showing heat stress. Not near as lush as they were last week.

29 Likes

I’m having bud envy right now bro! Stellar job!

2 Likes

You can actually see in that first pic, the temp on my hanging thermometer is 95.
Thats a tad warm.

2 Likes

Yeah. My problem is that I have intentionally kept the temps just below 70. A dang 40 degree jump in one day on watering day no less has me worried. That’s a bit of stress I would think.
Yours seem to be doing great even in the heat but they are used to it. lol
I see a little stress droopage but the force is strong in those plants.

2 Likes

I had always heard to keep your temps around 85 or so, and certainly not higher than 90.

Here’s my question. We always grew really nice potent bud when I lived in Arkansas, outside. And the temps would usually get high 90’s to low 100’s in the summer. How do they survive???

3 Likes

True. I’ve wondered the same. I did this as an experiment. I’ve always read that cold temps bring out color, so I took my GDP and kept her cooler than I normally would. Cool temps definitely made a difference.
I’ve also wondered why the moon and stars don’t cause every outside pot plant to hermi since we have to block every single spot of light in our rooms. It just doesn’t add up to me.

3 Likes

I can tell you this. I know for a fact that my tents are not lightproof. If you can close your tent and turn out your room lights… if you can see light specks on your tent in your dark room, I would say light is leaking in through those same spots hen your tent lights are out. Just makes sense to me. And I have never gone through and tried to fix light leaks. As you know, I usually have very little problems in that regard.

4 Likes

I am inclined to believe that genetics play the major part in hermaphrodites.

3 Likes

So, let me pick your brain a minute @MoBilly
You say the colder temps caused your GDP to purple up?
Im running a few of those right now. Less than a week from sprout. When you did this experiment, did you introduce cold from day one or after you put them into flower? I want to see which plants will show purple, as quickly as possible, for culling purposes.

6 Likes

I dropped the temps after the second week of flower into the 70’s and then in week five I dropped it to where it stayed. That has been around 68 degrees. The colors are a lot darker on her this time around and her clone setting next to her has exactly the same dark bluish color. I believe the harvest could have been heavier had I kept the temps up but, bro, they still got some heavy buds on and I have plenty of smoke. I’m just guessing about the amount. These clones have some heavy buds all the way to the bottom branches. I turned my lights vertical on two sides of the plants. Light reaches every inch of them from top to bottom.
I plan to make GDP hash so I left about all the lower buds to do what they would.

6 Likes

Cool, cool, brother. Wishing you the best.

2 Likes

Im going to combat the heat by switching my lights to on at night and off during the day, I have the same dilemma as you @BigMike55 I grow in the barn. Heat in the summer and cold in the winter.

4 Likes

I may do the same thing. Don’t know yet.

2 Likes

My first thought also, is it really 35 C. 2hat about mold, VPD, humidity LoL…
My plants are constantly on 32 to 34 C…
But my humidity is almost always greater than 70…

I share the same sentiment regarding the temps and light leaks bro, no need to baby them that much…

2 Likes