BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log (Part 2)

This is one I grew for reference.

8 Likes

Ok boys and girls. Here’s the new look of my garden. These plant are just a tad over four weeks from seed and are very nice looking in my opinion.

Pineapple Skunk

Strawberry Diesel X Space Dude

Blue Tara

Cap Junky. Can’t figure these ones out. It appears watering related. Brand new soil like everything else in the tent.
I’ll get.

Same batch of seed.

Ok. Go one home now. The show is over. Thanx for looking.

18 Likes

Seeing the lineage of CapJunky posted HERE, it looks like an S1 of the original CapJunky clone can get many possible combinations of heterozygous traits. There are probably many pheno variations, I bet a lot of them result in very nice flower.

3 Likes

True dat.
I actually wanted to cull that goofy plant. My wife talked me into keeping it. She said, “What if its a female??? If you toss it now…that would prolly be the best weed you never smoked.”
Valid point. I will keep it until the end.

9 Likes

All your ladies are looking great! @BigMike55
I’m happy to hear you’re holding on to the funky CJ.
I swear mine just looked wrong the whole grow. Probably why ya didn’t see much of her until close to the end. Booooyyy at the end though! :partying_face:
She wasn’t a heavy yielding variation but the buds are gorgeous and the smoke is fantastic! I would as others suggested to me, take her to 84ish days. Excellent time to chop! 🤌🏼 :100: Grow on bro! :fist:t3:🪶🪶

3 Likes

were-right-back-where-we-started-dr-jud-bellamin

2 Likes

@BigMike55
Happy happy happy New Year my good and true friend!

6 Likes

Same to you, brother.
Happy new year to you and the wife.
Already started bad for me. Actually Zee. She got up around five this morning to go to the bathroom. Said she felt dizzy and she fell. Knocked the hell out of her head. Had a nice orange sized lump. Jeez!!!

3 Likes

Both of you are two true friends, and you both know I wish only the best for yas!
lol It always can stand repeating, though!

4 Likes

Oh crap! No like on thatun, brother! hope she’s doing ok?

1 Like

We HAVE created a nice core group of guys we know good and well, we could count on. You are my true friend as well, @JohnnyPotseed and hope you and Rose have a great 2024.

5 Likes

Yeah, she’s hobbling around a bit. And a bit of a headache. She will be fine. She’s a tough old hen y’know.

4 Likes

Don’t let your good wife read your last post brother. She might just ignore her headache long enough to give you one! LOL

6 Likes

Yeah. She’s little, but she’s pretty much a bad ass when its needed.

5 Likes

So, I was talking with my good brother, @Oldjoints
I was talking about up potting my plants. Males as well as females, since I have no clue as to what they are, yet. With his direction, (thanks brother) I am going to put these plants into flower lighting, briefly, to determine their sex.
This way I can find out what I have and determine whether I want to run for flower, seed, or pollen. BEFORE I waste time and money up potting plants I’m not going to run.
So on January 1st, I put the plants on 12/12 light cycle. I have a small tent set up with 24 HR lighting. This way, as the plants show their sex, I can immediately place them back in veg, at that point I can decide what I want to do, save and up pot, or cull.
This is my first try with this. If it works well for me, it will be a pretty good game changer.

12 Likes

I do that all the time Mike, sometimes the plants will show when they’re in veg but if they get stubborn I’ll put them in the flower room. Like you said, as soon as they show I put them back in veg and let them grow more. It can add a little extra time but it’s worth it.

4 Likes

Like @Greenfingers says, and @Oldjoints suggested… I do this now n then on tough ones that don’t wanna show… It is a saver of time and material, works well. Only thing I’ve found on the down-side, is sometimes them toughuns wanna go into a reveg mode and drop the number of fingers on leaves. But that’s not too bad…

6 Likes

I have only had that happen every great now and then and only on certain strains/pheno’s. Usually they grow back into the correct fingers pretty fast though so no real significant loss. And when the do that they usually don’t throw pistils after that.

5 Likes

That’s what I said too, it’s usually only sometimes/certain strains (the toughuns) Not on all of em.Like ya said also, they don’t reveg hard, like when bad stressed. It works, lol and that’s the main thing.

Another way I use now n then is to just cut a clone, put it in a glass of water and stick it inb the budroom. It’ll ‘show’ even if you don’t let it grow… just change the water every day. Once it shows, you’ll know what ya got and can just toss it.

6 Likes

I had some early gold that I tried this method on, but they never re-vegged. I think they were miss labeled as regs but were really autos.

4 Likes