BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log (Part 2)

And how big did your Strw. Diesel x Space Dude get? Double in stretch?

1 Like

Ahh you grew them outdoor?
Or just a few of them? Looks like you did a good job with what went OD!

2 Likes

I ended up with one female of that strain and didn’t let it get very big. The female I grew didn’t stretch much and stayed pretty subdued threw the grow, the BT is the one you may have to train.

3 Likes

I kinda figured that. By the way she is putting on lots of natural branching. I may let them go another week or two and put them into flower.

2 Likes

I will keep checking this thread for updates by the way of the cheap seats……. Set to “watching”

3 Likes

You, my brother, get a front row seat.

3 Likes

It’s still cheaper than your seat…… :clown_face:
And then I go into the garage and wish I only had as many as you……. NOT!

5 Likes

What latitude are you at?

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing your creation.

1 Like

You may want to consider keeping a male long enough to collect some pollen of the BT. She is worth the extra effort in order to have extra seed of that strain. It is easy to just pollinate part of a plant for seed and harvest the rest for bud. I do it all the time. I have 3 plants right now that i have pollinated with two different strains on each plant.

4 Likes

I’m in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, around Front Royal. You’ve sent me some seeds before. Plant seemed to do well in cold weather. I kept it going outside until the beginning of December. first or second week, I can’t remember

5 Likes

Were those Sheelavathis that you grew from the same line as the Sheelavathis in @Oldjoints’s seed run? Did you have any smokable flower from it?

I’m surprised they finished outside at your latitude. You’re a few degrees north of me, and I figured they wouldn’t finish for me here.

1 Like

Yes they are!
You can get them to finish where you are also but it would require you to start them at the right time and put them out in flower at the right time. This way you are using the season for just the flowering stage.

5 Likes

Ok. Confirmed one male Blue Tara and one Strw Diesel x Space Dude. Is male. I see nothing on the Cap Junky plants. And the third Straw Diesel x Space Dude is undecided. I’m pretty sure its a male.
So decision time. What to do with the boys. I’m tempted to run the Blue Tara boy and snag the magic dust.

4 Likes

lol just MHO brother, but I’d catch all f the magic dust I could off of them both!

3 Likes

I’ve kinda been wondering why it has a name like Strawberry Diesel x Space Dude instead of for example… Super Space Dude or something clever. Why call it by the cross name??? I see this a lot and I always scratch my head. Unless its just a dust Slinger’s cross and will probably be no more??? I’m puzzled.

2 Likes

No offense to @Oldjoints that was not my point. I don’t know if he created these seeds or not. Its just something I have wondered about for a while. Even at the dispo some of the strains available are called out by the cross name and not a a clever thought up one.

1 Like

Either works, lol I think possibly using the strains-crossed name does help in some instances though. Like for lesser known, but very nice ones, maybe? you can always give em a funky name down the road!

4 Likes

LOL, if everyone used something ‘clever’ as the name, I’m guessing the first thing another grower is going to ask is ‘What the hell is the lineage of your ‘Funkmaster’?’

5 Likes

lol I have folks ask me that … often! But that’s also why I put the lineage beside the ‘new’ names I use!

3 Likes