BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log (Part 2)

True, …maybe the industry should drop all clever names. would be easier to know what you have.
Or go the other way and create a clever name for everything and force people to find out what it is???
But it still does not tell you anything in my opinion.
I.e. Funk master = Frankenstein x Acapulco Gold
Or… Frankenstein x Acapulco Gold = ???
Now for proper lineage, you must look for what creates Acapulco Gold and what creates Frankenstein. And then, what creates THOSE creations.

I don’t know which is better. I’m stoned to the max, right now.

6 Likes

I would vote for dropping all the dumb clever names. Removing good clever names from the pool of usable names when lame random crosses that nobody will ever grow nor care about have already used all the better names makes no sense. A clever name should only be given to the keepers… individual keeper phenos that have been hunted and are being kept for breeding purposes. I believe that calling a pack of seeds the same name as the name of the one unique keeper plant that was found after growing out thousands of those seeds of that cross, the single plant which is in no way representative of the average results which others could reasonably attain from growing a pack of thise seeds, is a deceptive business practice.

3 Likes

tenor-2

3 Likes

I agree with this wholeheartedly! I prefer just the strain names with females first. It is a standard that has been around for a long time and makes sense unlike all these cute names given.

7 Likes

Ok so here’s the tent os girls.
Clockwise from top left.
Strw Diesel x Space Dude. Top right and the rest of them are pineapple Skunk excepte for Blue Tar in the middle.

And this is a tent full of 3 boys and two autos.

All these plants are five weeks from seed yesterday.

19 Likes

Very nice looking plants, they look happy and healthy!

3 Likes

Thanks a gazillion. I have been really working with these plants.
I will give them a few days to settle in and start spreading branches and such. That’s my favorite part of growing, other than the flowers.

4 Likes

Not gonna top them this time. I wanna watch them grow natural with a bit of branch manipulation.

6 Likes

Make sure to make seed of this strain, if you don’t you will kick yourself in the butt for not doing so once you try the bud! I honestly believe you will enjoy this one more than you did your ISS! And that’s saying a lot because the ISS was a very good strain………

8 Likes

Are you talking about the Blue Tara here, or the other cross?

If you say it might be better than the ISS cut, then i must try it!

7 Likes

Hey @Tracker ? Can I DM ya, brother?

3 Likes

I do believe @Oldjoints is talking about the Blue Tara. It’s supposed to be a phenomenal strain! I can’t wait to have time/space to run a couple myself! :hugs: That Pineapple skunk ain’t no slouch either though. Smoking on her now. I always seem to circle back to her. :joy:

2 Likes

Yes the Blue Tara……. Check your stash, I’m pretty sure I gave you some…….

7 Likes

I must try it as well. I’ll try to hunt some down :+1:t4:

2 Likes

You handed them out at the first Toklahoma Blowout. That’s where I got my pack. I’m sure @tracker got some as well.

I’ma try my hardest to do these right. I am definitely thinking about a seed run. Not an open pollination, as I only have one boy and the one girl. Maybe just a couple branches so I can experience her seedless. And have a few hundred seeds for me and my buds here.

8 Likes

Yes I have it. I’m adding it to the queue for next season.

6 Likes

Morning everyone!

4 Likes

Hey, brother. Hope you’re having a good day. I was setting up a stereo system and left for a while.

2 Likes

I’m out away from the house hauling a nanny back from being bred. I don’t use the phone much to post. Dang big fat fingers anyway! lol

2 Likes

That was not fun. Two billy goats and one nanny in heat. Keeping them apart was a trick. lol

9 Likes