BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log (Part 2)

No I can see how that is a problem. But what you can do is collect pollen from several males of the same strain and pollinate different branches of the same female plant. Grow out the seeds from each and use the best of what you get. Make sure you label each branch to a corresponding male and don’t mix together the seeds.

3 Likes

Ok I’m out for this night……. See ya in the morning!

5 Likes

Later, brother. Thanks for stopping by.

1 Like

Yeah. I’m gonna watch a movie or something with the better half and call it an early evening. Gonna try to get some firewood up tomorrow. Gotta get an early start.
Good night brother mine.
:pray:

2 Likes

Yeah. Good night to you too @JohnnyPotseed . lol I seen you there.
Good night OG!

1 Like

Not far behind ya! lol

2 Likes

I put these two males back into veg as soon as I found they were boys. They continue to put on the sacks.

13 Likes

This process doesn’t work well with males. Your best bet is to let them finish and collect the pollen and use that on your selected females.

6 Likes

Yup. That was the plan. I actually put a male out in the garage with the wintering house plants. Under fluorescent tubes. He is still putting on balls too. And is a very pretty plant.

This is what I get to see this morning.

Blue Tara female

Strawberry diesel x Space Dude

Pineapple Skunk from @NDNCHILD

19 Likes

I don’t think they COULD look any better brother!

5 Likes

I either topped this Blue Tara by accident or it topped itself.

15 Likes

Plants are looking good bro! What’s your opinion on using the buckets?

3 Likes

I kinda like it so far. The only thing that I may not like later is the cloth sacks air prune the roots and not so with the plastic buckets. I’m thinking they may get root bound easier in buckets. Maybe I’m wrong.

4 Likes

Even this Cap Junky is starting to come around.

16 Likes

With the extra space in the buckets you shouldn’t have a problem. You have seen how big I let mine get in the buckets, they do get a little root bound at times but not enough to hurt anything.

3 Likes

Did your Space Dude cross stay compact? Mine doesn’t appear to be gaining any height.

The pineapple skunk, appears I have three distinct phenos. A taller, lanky one, A shorter stockier one and a tall stocky one.

13 Likes

A few years ago, I switched to fabric pots because of all the talk I heard about air pruning. After a few grows indoor and outdoor with them, I went back to regular plastic pots.

I found that the fabric pots require waterings significantly more frequently, and I didn’t see a noticeable advantage with growth rate.

7 Likes

Yes the Spacedude stayed fairly compact, not a lot of stretch in that one. The Blue Tara is the exact opposite.

2 Likes

Oh. And I finally have success at cloning a Vortex . That is the hardest plant ever to clone. I tried in soil with Clonex. Failed. Tried four cuttings in my aero cloner. Turned to mush. Tried again. With five more cuttings and they are still in the cloner. After two weeks. Not even a pimple where the roots will be. Still green up top tho.
But this one has been in soil for two weeks. Mikey be’s happy.

15 Likes

I agree that the fabric potters need watering way too much and why I ditched using them also. I bought some larger plastic pots but never really needed them so now I just use them for mixing soil.

5 Likes