BjFool's Garden

Hardening is when you bring indoor started plants outdoors into the shade/or sit outdoors a couple hrs to get them acclimated to the suns intense rays…wing the plant outdoors. If your in the south… may I suggest a sativa dom or hybrid. Depending where in the south it gets 80/90 degrees clear until Sept /oct…very hot humid condition. You can put your plants out as soon as there strong enough. I’ve had dome out since late Feb early march. I was finishing dome outdoors :v:t5:

4 Likes

I have a covered porch but it doesn’t receive sunlight until about 6-7 pm… so I guess I’m asking when harden does my plant need to be in direct sunlight?:eyes:

2 Likes

No at first start in shade a cpl hrs, and gradually move them to more/longer intense sun. I’d say within a wk they should be good to stay outside.

3 Likes

General advice points toward a few days in shade then a few days + in sunshine. Think of it like trying to get a tan without burning haha, you slowly work up from little to lots to always out.
The longer you take and the more gradual it is the less chance of stress.

In my experience in the past ones past 5 or 6 nodes i can go from the windowsill to under a bush (90% shade) full time for 3-4 days then full on sunshine as it gets planted out but i do tend to kill off a few every year.

Edit edit edit as i think more haha, better than posting multiple times, if i can i do try to plan to plant them out on a cloudy/rainy day or just before as the sun isnt so intense for a bit and the temperature is some what similar to inside but we have only had like two here so i havent been able to this year.

4 Likes

If my plant turns out to be male… is it beneficial to grow it out???

If it’s the only seed I have

2 Likes

It depends what you want to do. The only reasons would be practice and pollen collection of you plan to make seeds in the future.

3 Likes

Can I ask what’s this week’s temps been like outside where you are

Several Southern growers here on the forums dig through the outdoor growing section I’m sure you will find several fine examples of other’s fighting the heat and humidity …hot and humid here in the mid America swamp too lol

2 Likes

Temp range around 85- 92… getting hotter by the day…

2 Likes

Yeah I would bring them out in the early morning and

keep them shaded till noon bring them in for a week or

so slowly increasing the time there out and slowly

exposing them to more sun your really just trying to

avoid shocking it most still bounce back if shocked

but it eats into veg time and I think makes for smaller

plants and yields

5 Likes

I real appreciate it big homie I’m going to keep you updated on the grow

3 Likes

Don’t know what it is yet but hey #MyFirstGrow :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

nice one : )

1 Like

3 or 4 hours in part shade tmw then increase for 3 or 4 days.

2 Likes

yea my man chose your strain carefully. make sure they will mature early the hurricanes will destory any plant if get a early cold front and with rain you or screwed look @ some auto flower genetics you can get a few harvest each year i have lost so many crops to hurricanes. peace

For my unknown seeds what size should my final pots size should be… I was thinking 5-7🤷🏾‍♂️

So from what i understand - bigger pot = more water holding capacity and means less watering every day.
It really depends on how big your plants get, if you mulch them/cover the soil or how often you can and will water.

Is that 5-7 gallons? I think some people on here use 150+! :exploding_head:
Anyway i will leave it up to you and others on here to fill you in with more details and research!

How do I know when my photoperiod is in veg

2 Likes

do not use pots outdoors plant directly in mother earth after ading amendments let rest buy putting in ground you will not have to water as often of coarse that depends on your enviorment. like how much direct sun or shade they get during a day and how much rain you get.

1 Like

Thoughts :thought_balloon: Concerns!!!Actions!!!

My new leaves look :eyes: lighter but bigger than my first couple of nodes… should I have any worries???

2 Likes

Looks good to me

1 Like