BjFool's Garden

I’ve been a little scared to transition my baby to the outside world… recently temp have been 93F+… I left her on the covered porch over night and much of the morning… something bit off a piece off her leaf brought her back in right away… should I leave her in or stop being a lil B****??? :thinking::eyes:

1 Like

Nice seedlings look after them well and they will look after you!

1 Like

Awww…protecting your little one…lol. sometimes you just gotta let them fend for themselves. Do you think it was a bug taking a piece off a leaf or a squirrel or something that’ll be able to munch the whole plant if it comes back?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it was a bug… one of those that look like a small leaf…

1 Like

I would say leave it out. Maybe you could rig up some kind of shade cloth so it’s not completely exposed during the hottest and brightest part of the day. The faster it can take full sun, the faster it’ll be 8 feet tall.

1 Like

I guess I will start my hardening off process over again

So I started noticing yellow beginning to form on the tips of my leaves :grimacing:… please let me know how worried I should be…

I have organic soil mixed with bone meal garden lime… leaves are starting to yellow

What and how can I start to top dress my soil with to fix the problem???

At the bottom or the top of the plant? Maybe more details can help the others to help you :wink:

3 Likes

Do you have a pic you can upload? I’d say something like blood meal for nitrogen but I think it could be different things depending on where on the plant the yellowing is.

2 Likes

On the new leaves that a starting to pop… and the set before

Idk if I’m tripping or what… but I see a faint yellow tint around the border

2 Likes

I have put no earthworm casting in the soil… I have a bag but have not used it yet

Looks good to me. Sometimes my young plants’ leaves will yellow just a little bit, but then it always stops happening as they get bigger.

2 Likes

So I’m thinking give it a couple more day before determining anything

1 Like

I dont see any problem , plant looks good in the pic

2 Likes

I believe I have been a a success on my hardening off process… temps have been around 93-98F… I posted my plant by a Crêpe myrtle tree for some said during the day…

Anything I should look out for as my plant transition to the outside world???

Update on my plant…

Been outside for about a week…

Topped about a week ago…

Look pretty good to me

Every morning I’ll catch a bug or two on it…

Should I do a Foliar spray if so what kind???

3 Likes

Recently had leaf miners problem trim those leaves… neem oil… hope that cures my problem

2 Likes

Check out the little fella

2 Likes

Just moved my to their final home… I believe they are loving it

1 Like

To whom may concern…
I lost one of my plants playing with it too much
I replace it with my smaller plant…

Been have a bad ass gnat probably been trying stuff hope it’s under control

2 Likes