Black Tuna Coop Seedrun

Thanks. Its been a long few months. Good incentive to build a greenhouse i guess. I can’t handle bringing plants in and out atm.
Got a group photo last evening after " lights out". ( sundown)The plants are going to sleep.

White leaf is sunburn

31 Likes

I wish you the same…

I like what @ABushOfKush did here.

20 Likes

Looking good, even with a little sunburn.

2 Likes

One of the reasons I really like growing Outdoors. Check out the thickness of the stalk before and after I brought it Outdoors. It’s twice as thick Outdoors

41 Likes

How cold are summer nights in May and June there?

2 Likes

Typically 40’s in May, 50’s in June. The last few years it’s been warm at night with the extra cloud cover. We could still get a surprise Frost. If my area is forecast to get down to 40 there’s a chance of a frost at my house. We may have had a light frost over the last week.

7 Likes

Whers my chair ? :pray: thank you @Upstate for that happening :dizzy:

1 Like

Oh yes…3 stinkers so far. Very strong stem rub. Still 4 fem 2 male one chicken dinner. :chicken: there’s some really strange sex Parts on these so I wouldn’t be surprised if that changes. Some of these sexed at the fourth leaf set if I didn’t say so already. Typically sex parts are found at the seventh set, once 10 sets of leaves are on the plant
3rd photo down is surely male. I still think the others pictured are female… and there is another one that looks male I didn’t get a picture of this time

30 Likes

Getting a nice jump on the outdoor season. Forecast looks good for being out of the woods on frost.

Plants look great!

2 Likes

It’s similar to here. My May temps get down to upper 30s with an occasional freeze but by the 15th of June everything’s good. Though summer temps get down to the 50s and occasionally 40s all summer here at 7200’ altitude.

So if you can grow it, I can too.

6 Likes

These things are taking off really well now. I love hitting this stage of the grow, when plants begin to reveal their individual personalities.
Plants are still in 3 gallon. No time yet for the 5’s…but all appears on schedule for flowering to begin in a few weeks or so…this weekend i should be able to put them in 5’s

9 Likes

Normally we’d get upper 40’s almost all summer. Definitely in june and August. July is warmer with some muggy nights in the mid to upper 60’s. Gross, lol.
Thanks @Hemlock. Coming along nicely

7 Likes

Nice, I too like the plants that stink early in veg. :heart_eyes:

When this sorta thing happens, I feel the plant is unsure which way it wants to go.
I also believe that exogenous/outside factors can influence sex determination.

I also feel that if these plants were hit with some cytokinin it should help the plant lead toward being female.
Cytokinin is the female hormone after all.

I have seen what I believe to be an increase in the number of females when cytokinin is used very early in veg.
No side by sides were done, so the evidence is mostly anecdotal but in my opinion, worthy of further investigation.

Good luck with the tuna.
It would be cool if you found one that smelled like actual tuna… :rofl:

Peace
shag

5 Likes

I don’t know about all of you, but I’m thinking the same chicken did this🤣.

Those were the last 2 " chicken dinner" leaves left on the plants. I put the 4 ( probably) ladies in 7 gallon fabric bags. Used foxfarm ocean forest and castings with just a little garden soil so I could conserve my homemade mix for sativas. Food spikes of fishbone meal and chicken shit pellets round out the mix for now.
2 supposed males remain in 3 gallon bags. Still one of unknown sex, also in 3 gallon.

24 Likes

First 2 are males … one of them a real stinker

don’t mind my firewood guy Nate in there😁

34 Likes

38 Likes

Always good when the firewood guy smokes too! Everything is looking good brother!

4 Likes

Even better when he trades wood for "wood":wink:

9 Likes

He’ll yeah

2 Likes

Anyone else see a resemblance to Deep Chunk leaves in the last photo?

I’ve seen some pics somewhere that look like an even closer match, complete with the semi droopy leaves that look like early MG deficiency…which it can’t be.

21 Likes