1 Like

All good here

It Been Damn Cold

29 today we’re having a heat wave was -11 with the wind chill

Hitting the wax with my pen today started

WC dialed in cool :sunglasses:.

It was great to begin with

2 Likes

Been cold here too . All week been lows of under 20 which is crazy for here .
Today weather is breaking and going to start warming up .

3 Likes

Here is my take on carts and cart making .

Still not got the Pyur thinner I ordered , but unless it works really well , making carts from Bud rosin is not feasible. Even decarbed for 48 hours it is just too thick to work WELL in a cart.
It can work and can be made to work by heating the cartridge before use but that is not something you’d want to do all the time . Outside , where the carts excel , would not be a good place for bud rosin carts . Taste is great , buzz is excellent , just not worth doing . I’ll save people the trouble . IF THE PYUR works and doesn’t taint smell or taste it could be feasible .

Hash Rosin Carts are all that ! Least my home made ones are . Made from dried trim from my last harvest, it was a mix of like 8 different plants . 95 percent trim and one little plant of bud I didn’t like .

Made into bubble , dried in freezer for 8 days , then smashed in my press in 37 micron bags inside 160 bags at 165 F . Return was between 60 and 71 percent on the smashes .

Rosin was golden when flowing but dried to darker . Was not early trich bud fresh frozen but trim from plants that went a full 11 weeks and weeks mostly amber .

Rosin was placed in sealed jar in oven at 150 F for 48 hours . Thinned out , didn’t not get much lighter , rosin is root beer colored . Rosin is still thick when cooked to room temp . Was necessary to heat rosin and needles and carts to 100 F when filling . Quick pace recommended , lol :sunglasses:

My first attempt showed economy of scale in this whole process, lol . You AINT MAKING ONE GRAM , lol . Loss’s to EVERYTHING occur and the smaller the scale the HARDER it is to do . Doing a 3 gram run is a pain in the ass , doing a 15 gram run is exponentially easier.

I did the small run first , wil not do that again .

First batch of rosin taken out at 30 hours or so. Carts filled pretty easily , but reaching room temp they are very thick. They flow and hit , but not in 30 F weather outside , and must be kept vertical .

2nd batch , in a much larger amount , was run 48 hours at 150 F , and was way easier to deal with . Still thick when room temp but will flow and hits proper .

Took a cart from 2nd batch with me on Xmas morning going to friends for breakfast . I’m my car, it’s like 20 degrees out, and freezing in my car . Waiting to turn on the heater as I hit the highway . Pull out pen , figure good time to check the 2nd batch . Would it hit this cold? First cart certainly would not of . Figure it will be thick , figure I’ll take a big hit . Prolly get a tiny hit . I pushed button and let it pre heat for about 4 seconds then started to hit it. About 4 seconds in I start to feel it, hit it a few seconds longer . OMG

Ended up with a freaking cloud hit , lol , that when I blew out felt like someone hit me in the back of my head with an iron skillet ! I almost had to pull over , my head was buzzing . Taste is outrageous , 100 % tastes of Rosin n Weed , NOT FAKE TERPS or ripped thca with added in terps . Zero fake smells or tastes . Cart smells like watermelon when smelled , although it does not taste that way . Can’t describe taste but it is light and heavy at same time , VERY VERY loud and very very tasty . Like good rosin is . Honestly tastes like the fat joints I roll with the paper covered in rosin . Sweet , mostly rosin taste , but bud in the background . Fantastic .

Thing will send you to outer space on 5 good hits . Each hit is like a 3rd of a killer joint .
High is like bud , not a 15 minute one sided high like EVERY CART I have ever tried , but a full on great like smoking joints long high .

I really like the SPRK thing. Tiny , really holds cart in well will not fall out . Hides the cart , looks like everyone’s Ecig , Battery life is just fine so far . Elegant one button operation that’s super easy to use . Use button or just draw on it , works same either way . Looks nice feels good in hand seemingly last forever !!

Been hitting this cart solid for 3 days hardly dented it . Really maximizes the rosin usage.
One gram of this gonna get me high 100 times VS much less on a dab rig or the Puffco Proxy . Kicks Proxy ass for 59 bucks! Burns 1/10th the fuel, lol , and makes no mess !

Can take it anywhere , Krogers was much more fun than usual this morning , lol .

Have not rolled a joint since I made this cart .
Tomorrow I’ll cart up the 15 grams I made and put them in the fridge , should last me a long long time .

100 % love the carts and this battery . 100 % recommend trying this , BUT , do it with a minimum of say 10 grams of bubble or you will not be happy , make a mess, and waste lots of rosin .

Have not looked at tent one in 4 days again . Gave them a over the top watering and a heavy foliar feed when I closed tent last week .

About to open it …… to either better looking Wedding Cakes …… or a mess . Hope it’s the former because 100% WC Rosin carts just GOTTA BE in my near future lol

Happy late Xmas everyone

Wore my puppers out Xmas morning on my ebike , lol

12 Likes

Right On Man. I have an e-recumbant trike. 2019 Terratrike Rover i8 internal hub 8 speed with a bafang 750-watt mid-drive tuned down to 500 watts with full throttle and 5 e assist speed levels. Long-range battery 45 miles on a charge. One of the best investments I’ve ever made.

4 Likes

Rosin Carts went like this:

Made a bunch of hash rosin for carts, kept some bubble for myself, still have 50 grams of 160 bubble.

Opened Tent 1 to a nice sight!

Blissful Wizard doing great and very uniform

Mac1CapsCut doing just fine now

Wedding Cake 150% improved since foliar and top water…looks like i got big ass top water pots now

12 Likes

Got 5 or 6 ebikes. Couple bought, rest i built. MY TOY is the Felt DD10 with 5 inch tires, Bafang BBSHD running through the gears. Have her modded to 3400 watts. She wheelies first 3 gears, 11th gear is almost 60 mph on street, will go ANYWHERE!! Off road, my GSD’s can keep pace, actually out run me, :nerd_face:

48414584_1596687033766190_290207139144663040_n

As you see, i love me some EBIKE!! Ebike+BUD+4 German Shepherds= Epic Times!!~!!

12 Likes

Those fat tire e-bikes ROCK!!! :100: :fire:

1 Like

That’s pretty wild didn’t think they’d go that fast .

3 Likes

NOT stock! Bought go 28 mph or so, maybe 35 on high end ones

2 Likes

So what did you do change gearing or upped the battery ?

1 Like

Been living man…lol
Been hard at it…got some fems to make my growing a little easier.
I am 72 now and can’t really do like I use to.
Got some seeds in my Skunk from Seed Supreme…
Maybe that fems are all like that…

1 Like

Ordered the PCKT and some carts and whatnot. Now to figure out how to make some good bubble without messing up my back more. I usually just do dry ice sift but sounds like that won’t work right for this.

1 Like

Replaced the 3 inch tires with 5. Battery is 52v not 48, new contoller which allows way more amps to be thrown at it. Speed shift mech installed, different gears in motor. Stock 11 spd bike gearing.

5 Likes

It is a killer rig, you will be fine. I do my bubble in a 90 buck washing machine, no bending over :sunglasses:

4 Likes

WTF are you doing that high in the air? you just retired :rofl::rofl::rofl: stay safe old man lol we don’t bounce like we used to :v:

6 Likes

Glad it came out great for you. Even better when you make it with fresh frozen bubble. :grin:

4 Likes

This thing works GREAT !

9 Likes