Blockhead and Emperor Donkan grow report

When I see romulan… :eyes:

1 Like

Blockhead….

3 Likes

This round will be blockhead and blockhead x mikado bx!
Tis decided!

7 Likes

Fuck yeah I guessed right! This is going to be a great one, I love doing head to heads with a parent and their cross even if they’re not necessarily from the same breeder they’re connected somewhere back down the family line. Also just super interested in Mikado, and some of the other strains from that era of BC and early OMMP etc like Blowfish, Blue Dot/MGB/Medical Grade Bud, Trainwreck, and others.

Blockhead is also the name of a music producer I really like:

3 Likes

Popped 8 blockhead and 12 blockhead x mikado

Going to go down to 16 or 12 before flower

6 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker
Great choices :grinning:

I used the Blockhead Potent Pheno in that cross with the Mikado BX too, should make for a great comparison. The Blockhead I chose was a real heavyweight. Head of the pack and exceptional on all fronts. Extremely hardy growth and robust structure too, she was built like a brick shithouse!

7 Likes

It will be fun seeing the distinction. I think the plants will really compliment echother. a fine cross

here is the description on the mikado bx.
This is a back cross of the classic Mikado, from the defunct Federation Seed Company. The Mikado clone used has a sweet raspberry flavour when grown properly. Mikado Bx is a vigorous growing Indica dominant plant. Naturally growing branchy, it benefits to be grown as a multi branched plant, topped or trained. The branches might need support, as buds pack on weight. Eight weeks of flowering to maturity, with an above average yield. The finished buds have an impressive resin content. Most of the plants have a sweet fruity hash flavour. Approximately 20% of the plants will have a similar flavour to the Mikado clone. The high is narcotic and long lasting.
Alternative Seeds (hempdepot.ca)

the description for the blockhead. The potent pheno has the long slender leaf structure. If you have the book Cannabible #3, it looks like the first picture. The two smallest fingers of the leaf tend to point straight up or even slightly forward (sometimes called the devils horn). Changes to a crazing mottled yellow, purple color late in flowing. Oddly, sometime little buds grow out of the center of the leaf. Slightly taller, it packs a devastating trippy buzz not easily forgotten.
Beanhoarder’s Seeds (hempdepot.ca)

I think this cross will be a classic narcotic indica, the kind of stuff available in the late 90s to early 2000s. the pictures i have seen of the stuff grown out by members here is bigger and lankier than I would have thought. excited to test the results.

3 Likes

@Oldtimerunderground can I suggest a name for the blockhead x Mikado cross? a name switch, where we change the blockhead to Japanese and Mikado to English! Blockhead is translated to donkan and Mikado means emperor in Japanese, so I am going to call my seeds by the nickname Emperor Donkan

4 Likes

:ok_hand: :+1: :metal:

2 Likes

Someone needs to cross it to a Big Body Gelati and name it Big Doinks in Amish

2 Likes

That’s awesome! :grinning: I love it. I was calling the cross Blockado for a minute, but it doesn’t have that nice ring to it like Emperor Donkan.

I found this interesting when I was looking up the word Donkan too

“The Hebrides islands and the west coast of Scotland are the ancestral home of the Donkan family. Their name comes from the Gaelic personal name “Donnchad,” which means “brown warrior”

I’m definitely a “brown warrior” :laughing: so it seems there’s more than one meaning behind the name :joy:

6 Likes

4 Likes

20221201_154851
Out of 8 blockhead seeds, 7 have cracked and 1 has started to crack, so into the promix they go.
out of 12 Emperor Donkans all 12 have popped and gone into promix. They seemed much more vigorous than the blockhead seeds, probably due to their age.

very proud of my newest batch of seeds.

got a new 3x3 tent coming monday. it will be my new starting base for seeds and clones, the biggest bonus was it gives me the option to keep a good mom if i find something i like and grow sativas in my tent. I have heard from growers going back to neville that the best way to grow a haze or something indoors is to take clones and immediately put them into flowering with 0 veg time, that way you save yourself some time and the plants will be wild and massive, but manageable. and with that technique i should be able to grow something super special.

I also came to the conclusion i am a grower and not a seed maker. i want to have big jars of great buds and just can’t really afford to do anyother methods than see of green in 2 or 3 gallon pots. 14 per run and the yields would be consistent. growing from seed is fun, but you just don’t get the same quality as a chosen clone because of the variation. I have had fun for the last 3 years going form seed and doing random plants, but will be moving towards a selection of one or 2 mother and growing mostly that.

re the name, so glad you like it brown warrior! its funny how completely different languages can have such similar words. you seem more a brown warrior than a blockhead lol

5 Likes

who would i ask to move this thread to growroom diaries for me?

1 Like

No need now :wink: I got you :facepunch:

2 Likes

Yeah I made the seeds last spring.
I think hempdepot released the Blockhead F5s at least 7-8 years ago.

Who says I can’t be both? :laughing:

Best of vibes to the grow my brother, I know you’re gonna grow these beans righteously! :muscle:

2 Likes

I’m still waffling on this for myself. :rofl: :ok_hand:

Congrats on the seed run and huzzah for your new tent to be! :hugs:

ACE! I found small pots + 2 week veg period makes for stunted plants that will fit in your 3x3 (theoretically). More watering yes, but less training for Sativa goodness :drooling_face:

As the rest of us reading up, I’m looking forward to see how you work things moving forward with your newest set-up :smiley:

2 Likes

I had and grew Ogre for years, it is a mutant strain of Sensi Star and a clone only strain…heres an Ogre that was grown in my SWC/TRON…

6 Likes

update, we have 11/12 Emperor Donkan doing nicely, one molded and died. oops, i don’t claim to be a pro. I have stoner in my title.

only 1/8 of the blockhead have sprouted. 1 died off once i removed the lid off the tray overnight. I hope the rest are taking their time to crack the surface. oops, see above.

got a 4x4 flood tray for real cheap from the local grow store. i am going to have to cut the lip off and maybe even do more to make it fit in my tent. it would really help my watering to have a single large tray with a runoff container to collect everything. Hydrolite is a great store if you’re in Edmonton area.

on a real bad note, i had a 3x3 tent that was supposed to be delivered to my home. got a notice on Purolator that it was delivered, but there’s nothing here and no notice saying to pick it up or anything. nothing. leads me to believe that its stolen off my porch before i got home, fuck! Does anyone know if purolator would leave a notice or try to contact me somehow if they didnt drop off the package?

sent an email to @VIVOSUN support on their website asking for some help. hope we get that sorted out soon.

4 Likes

lol!

:open_mouth:

Shit!!! This happened to me on occasion and I walked my street and found my package on a neighbours doorstep!

Otherwise, I suggest doing this right away:

https://www.purolator.com/en/support/file-claim#:~:text=If%20your%20shipment%20is%20lost,Email%20custserv%40purolator.com

@VIVOSUN should be informed as well but it’s gonna be Purolator’s problem with Vivosun being a point of contact.

Best of success so you get your tent ASAP! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes