Blueberry +Blueberry mixes 2024 grow thread

These travelled many many miles and thru a few hands to get to me. One barely survived the trip but I potted her up and she is showing the will to live.
These were given to me as the HSO breeder’s cut. Hope it’s worth it… I traded 100 coastal blueberry beans LOL

13 Likes

Blueberry Muffins??? Nice plants ,

3 Likes

So I was lucky to recieve a couple snips from @Rhino_buddy . So this beauty MOB is a new edition to the blue berry grow. I was gonna keep it as a mom but it got big fast so grabbed a clone and tossed it in my spot… This years shaping up to be a fun one.

16 Likes

Im not sure if u ever grew AKB vintage BB . They specifically say its and old school BB thats grown in Alaska which makes it ideal for rough conditions and mostly all climates… I actually started a couple and have one going in my grow… I ve heard alot of good things about this strain…

6 Likes

The 907 x NL#1 is a winner over here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looking good man!

18 Likes

WOW, what a great looking bud… I guess Im even happier knowing the potential that this 907 Blue Genes/NL has , I m actually blown away by the structure of this plant .It looks like a Christmas tree. Im not sure on the yields of this strain but my plants over 30’ already and growing bigger by the day… I had most of my plants out at the end of April which is a huge deal out here in N.E … I ll toss up pics soon

3 Likes

907 Blue genes/NLweek3

13 Likes

Does it have blueberry terps to go with the looks?

2 Likes

. I was gonna ask when the dj Short beans start smelling berry??

1 Like

There’s a few phenos, mine were pretty much reeking BB when flower started through the end. Stem rub too IIRC. I’ll check when I get home I’ve got one outside

Dude such a sick plant … Mine looks like its gonna be a beast .

1 Like

Sweet Blueberry!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Grew up in western mass and am pretty sure I came across that blueberry in the late 90’s.

That Coastal BB looks interesting and it looks like @Great_lakes_Genetics has them in stock. The question is, do I need another free beer koozie, and a free pack of @Tonygreen ‘s GG4 RIL F5 Regular Autoflower seeds? Yes.

Grows are looking good on here!

I’ve got 5 DJ Short BB starting week 8 of flower indoors. It’s a clone, and has that delicious smell (blueberries and earth). My first encounter with thrips… so that went on longer than it should have, and a mishap while learning my new LEDs that zapped the ladies and had them delay flowering. We’re getting there though :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

Nice plants brother… I m from western mass too. I ve been flooding this place with my BBM clones of late… WOW its Small world , I m so excited to finally have djs BB going, I think I have 4 different versions of his so I m hoping to bring the best 2 together and see what I get . I have one plant going now thats absolutely a beast and probly the best looking plant I ve ever grown . I d love it to be a male but thats not my luck … I also have a special BBM mom I ve kept just to breed to a BB . Anyway hope your grow continues to thrive and u keep us updated with your grow.

5 Likes

What are theseBB?? Holy shit those are tight. Any bb smell?

3 Likes

12 Likes

So the last 3 1990BB dj short plants are still inside . I was super happy to get one of these plants carrying more of a purple maroon tint on the underside bbn of the fan leaves. I took a picture but it does it no justice . Its definitely an odd ball compared to the other ones I have going . I love it .

10 Likes

Forgot to add my BB autos from @Acro .
Second auto grow so I hope to get the best out of these.

11 Likes

That BB in the 90s was way ahead of its time. Looks , smell ,taste and the greatest high I ve ever had it was truly special and long lasting. I just remember how fucking awesome and euphoric it was ,I truly never smoked anything tht hit me the same way. GDP was great and my 2nd fav BBM is up there but I ve been desperately trying to find the old BB high. The fact Im gonna be hunting for years to come is exciting. Gonna be awesome breeding BB seeds and will be doing a BB collab with my buddy @Orbitalnutria420

3 Likes

As they say,… it’s about the journey :grinning: Think about all the fun you’re going to get to have seed hunting, sorting thru phenos, tasting and testing… getting to know the likes and dislikes of a lot of little green ladies and gentlemen along the way. I’m envisioning Dave Portnoy, but for blueberry cannabis.

“Alright… one puff, everybody knows the rules…”

Please, keep us posted as you go so we can share along!

I definitely have fond memories of those experiences with blueberry, back in the day. At this point, I’m looking to get some really good examples of different phenos, personally growing them out and doing S1 and F1 work… and just seeing what’s there. Got version 2/3/4 of DJ’s “breeders mix”, his newest F5 release, his V-2, bodhi’s blueberry hashplant, @SHSC-1 's Coastal BB, and another half dozen variations of classic and newer blueberry strains. Looking for unique ones that I like, and specifically looking for several unique plants not just one type of thing, and then crossing them with ruderalis to get early/auto flowering versions (which will take a decent amount of effort by itself to stabilize).

If I find anything that stands out as resembling the 90’s western mass blueberry, I will definitely let you know… or for any other good finds along the way. Very excited to get this current clone run done and drying as the grower I got the cut from is here in northern california and has lots of connections and was singing the praises of this particular one and warned me she was SUPER LOUD (which my wife has kindly confirmed and inquired about diminishing). The scent has gone from “blueberry and earth” to “blueberry and candy” over the last week. It’ll be a treat to get that first tasting session in.

I’m doing some related work, only outdoor so far, with this special Blue Dream I stumbled across. @holygroveseed , if you’re into Blue Dream, do yourself a favor and checkout Equilibrium Genetic’s “Blue Dream Bx”. It’s a backcross that this guy Jason did… that makes absolutely amazing plants. He’s never confirmed specifically, but it appears that the strain used as an outlier is this hard to find piece of genetics that Mean Gene maintains (Rootbeer x Jaro). Anyway, that one has some solid blueberry attributes in the taste/smell so I’m working an F1 of that this summer and hopefully more testing indoors this fall/winter.

What @JustANobody described regarding Mother of Berries intrigues me. It’s about a week long drive one way for me at this point, but I would encourage you to pick up some cuts since they were nice enough to offer. Love a good New England road trip (well, at least six months out of the year). If @Electric-Stoner ever gets a stabilized seed form, or is willing to mail clones, that would definitely be cool to checkout.

7 Likes

The cut I hold came directly from @Electric-Stoner, just an fyi

4 Likes