Blueberry (Peak Seeds) and Purple Romulan (Next Generation) Grow

My understanding is that Next Gen and Federation split, each working the Romulan lines in their preferred direction. One sought to enhance the peppery-piney side of the equation, while the other looked for the grape side. I forget which side was looking for which trait, but the selection will be crucial. Best wishes! I’ll get some Romulan of my own going, one of these days.

4 Likes

Ya - I vegged for about 4-5 weeks, topped them, vegged for one more week and flipped them.

In retrospect the could have done with some training, topping and vegging…

Ultimately I was just trying to dig through to find something I liked out of the pack (I have a pack and a half left).

Would do well in a scrog I think… we’ll see how they finish but it may be not be a huge harvest. My main goal is quality first!

2 Likes

I’m contemplating picking up 2-bb, 2-nl and 2-nb.
You know anything bout the other 2 by chance?

2 Likes

Well find out in about 2 months!

Fingers crossed it’s to the peppery side.

I have read that some Romulan are bred to the grape side… that is not the Romulan I am familiar with.

3 Likes

I don’t unfortunately. I have read the northern berry is very good though!

I am happy his BB (which is a mix of DJ, DP and Sagarmatha) really is to the Indica side in structure - which to me points to more of the late 90s style of BB.

Shoot Mike an email - he’s a good guy and responsive.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve talked to him a bit, but it’s nice getting grow hand knowledge.

2 Likes

I’m running grape rom right now in a thread here

3 Likes

Cool! I’ll have to find the thread…

You digging it??

1 Like

Just flipped so the story builds

2 Likes

The old romulan I used to smoke was from the ukiah area and was more of a dank green bud flavor with a sweet inhale and sour exhale, huge leaves super healthy aggresive growth. The same people grew a grape romulan not sure if it was the grape pheno or a cross but it looked just like the romulan nugs but with a hint of purple color and a super candy grape flavor. In terms of black pepper flavor pure hindu kush has been the strongest pepper weed I’ve grown, not all phenos but quite a few from seed were very strong pepper taste.

5 Likes

Interesting - Romulan seems to be one of those varietals that has different expressions out there (even though the Romulan Joe story for the Vancouver area is that is was a cutting).

I’m only familiar with the BC area Romulan - I have had it a number of times, great buzz - definitely peppery to me palate.

Doesn’t mean it’s the only one by any means!

6 Likes

They’re all looking good, but that taller romulan pheno is gonna be a BEAST!

2 Likes

Peak Seeds SkunkBerry
Flower Day 67

14 Likes

Next Gen out of the straight up Romulan, bummer
Left them message told them I wanted 2 packs, we’ll see if that stirs anything up.

Ordered OTM from Mosca

Then turned around and got 2 each of
Peaks BB
Peaks NL
And Peaks Northern berry
What can I say I gotta deal.

I’m done buying now unless I can find some f1 headbangers or f1 yetis.

7 Likes

Purple Romulan is C99 x PurpleKush?

It’s Romulan x Purple Pineberry

1 Like

Looks great!

What does it smell like?

Same response I gave in my grow thread…

Honestly, it smells like weed…

Between it and Bakerstreet by Tweed…

3 weeks today in flower - will try to get some pics later on.

The frost has started!

The tall Romulan is packing the weight and has lot of trichomes appearing. I squished some glands on a fan leaf and noted potentially a peppery smell (but I had also just fed my cat - so could just be wishful thinking).

Amazingly same goes for the chunky squat Blueberry! Lots of resin gland out of the blue on her… and the flowers starting develop somewhat.

Should be interesting over the next 6 weeks. Will do weekly updates with pics going forward!

2 Likes

Gee after a possible nuked PKG coming across I’m a bit skeptical about sending in an order.
No since in putting Mike on the line for replacements if I know what’s going on