Blueberry (Peak Seeds) and Purple Romulan (Next Generation) Grow

Well the chop happened today! Will put up a post on dry weights but here we go:

My fave Purple Rom:

I had to adjust the colour a bit as the shed bulb made it orange - but you get the idea. Good yielder! Spicy smell! Super purple!

Big Momma Purple Romulan:

These are the 2 tops… wow - biggest yielder I’ve ever had!

The Blueberries:

This is the musty purple one - like all the other blues it has rock hard buds!

This is the floral one - nice plant too!

Last is Candy girl - she’s ugly, but smells like blueberry syrup / candy… I did see the Grape Krush pollen took and the seeds were mature one her so it will get further investigated. If the cross can put some weight and bud structure on her I’d be happy

17 Likes

Awesome work enjoy your harvest looks dank

4 Likes

Happy Chopping !! They all do look great :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks!

They are all good - but the blueberry just looks a bit wimpy in comparison to the Purple Romulan.

But to be fair I use a lot of LITFA… so perhaps if I was a more in tune grower they would have done better. For the effort:result ratio I’m happy :slight_smile:

Have a new journal to pop up soon… have 4 new varieties going already.

7 Likes

You stateside or nuck nuck side?
How long did it take your beans to hit from Mike?
Anxious to rollout some NL.

Did you make beans of your ROM @man-bot

4 Likes

I’m up in Canada :slight_smile:

Took a while for the Next Gen seeds to come… we had a postal strike at the time so I think it took almost 3 weeks when it would normally be 1 week.

I did F2 the roms - no seeds visible though, pretty sure they’re buried deep in the lower buds I pollinated so I hope it all took.

Gonna reveg my keeper though and self it I think. Well see!

I only run a 250 watt HPS in flower - so the yield off the PR is off the charts! Those buds were hard to the touch too.

5 Likes

Sorry - Peak took about 1 week to get from BC to me. I’m in Ontario.

3 Likes

Seems as if takes 3 to get here.

Possibility of swapping ROM beans, they’re from Next, correct?

1 Like

I’m open to that - let me see how my pollination turned out first.

They are Purple Romulan though - not pure. It’s Purple Pineberry x Romulan, and yes they are from Next Gen.

1 Like

These here are Big Buddy’s grape rom (Canada) and ROM ibls from Joe.

5 Likes

Big Buddy’s Grape Romulans are DJ Short’s Blueberry x Federation’s Romulan.

@OleReynard are you getting any blueberry off yours?

Definitely a good preservation project.

6 Likes

Well it looks as if I ain’t got nothing different than next generation.

2 Likes

Not much for the blueberry but I’ll tell you what that Grape Romulan looks good as shit that’s some good stuff right there man. They look good. I got a few blueberries going check it out sometime to get a chance. You can definitely tell DJ’s stuff. :call_me_hand::fire::v:

3 Likes

The purple Romulan did turn out well (and looks pretty good). It’s interesting smoke - zero anxiety nice and clear, almost makes me think there’s a touch of CBD in it. Seeing how the scent/flavour develops as it cures. Definitely worth growing (and I did bang out a small amount of F2s). Those were 2 good females out of a 5 pack so I imagine out of 10 or 30 you could find a real keeper. It does not have the prevalent black pepper taste/smell so I didn’t keep either. I did reveg the most purple one and take some cuttings but that was more an exercise in working on cloning.

Oddly enough - the blueberry did not yield great, didn’t look as good and not a ton of blueberry smell (the one phone was sweet berryish) - But ithink it just may be stronger than the Romulan! I’ve only smoked it once and had a few manhattans before so probably not the fairest comparison.

They actually have a bit of a dough scent now that they’re curing. This may be the “muffin” scent that people refer too.

Have some DJ gear coming to run in the fall… gotta keep on the berry hunt :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hunt over. Im finishing up a batch. All fat big yielding rock hard buds. I gotta get some strawberry cough now. I should have enough BB beans to last a couple decades.:blush:

Good looking plants. Keep looking.

8 Likes

Just checked your Blueberry grow - hoo-eey! Damn those look fine. I’m jealous - how berryish scented were they?

The Peak BB is very Indica In structure - which is cool. DJs stuff seems to be more hybrid or Sativa leaning, which is Defo cool. The Peak ones grew different than any plant I’ve grown - so I probably did a mediocre job.

Gotta get some BB like yours going :). I’m running S1s I made of Chimera’s Grapefruit x Blueberry (also released at Spice of Life’s Sweet Tooth 1.1) - the mom has similar structure to your BB and was definitely BB dominant… not sure what the S1s have in store but should be flipping to flower in a week or so.

4 Likes

When I was 15 and on overgrow lol. These strains were all I could think of Nl5Haze, WW/WR, DJ’s BB, Sweet Tooth #5, Afghan#1, Durban/Malawi, Swazi Gold, Matanuska TF, Blaxk D, Cindy, Early Girl/Skunk(which I’m growing, crossed with BB. Wohoo). Bubblegum, Georgia Pine, East Coast Skunk/Chem, Appalachian…Thats off the top of my head. Of course any Neville shit/nice guy/heavensstairway, emereys seeds. Fuck the police. Send it! Moneys waiting! Lol.

Thats what I did whaen I was first on OG. I didnt have any camera so I’d rip grow tips off scan them and get sexing advice. Hahaha. Jesus.:rofl:

4 Likes