Blueberry (Peak Seeds) and Purple Romulan (Next Generation) Grow

Had a few extra minutes to get some more shots.

Big PR Momma:

The scent on both PR moms is odd - kind of an unripe tropical fruit (so slightly fruity but a bit sharp) with a spicy backend to it. The are both going to yield quite well and will likely finish up before the BB. Figure at least 3 weeks to go.
Both were pollinated with my PR dad.
Blueberry Close up (floral pheno):

This plant has taken over as my fav BB for now. I now understand the “floral” designation of scent. This plant is perfume like, rose like in scent. Colour will be nice and the yield will be good for the BB plants. I like the scent of the candy pheno better - but overall this appears to be a better plant. Both BBS were hit with grape krush pollen so will be further investigated.

14 Likes

I had done Vic High’s blueberry a long time ago and looked like your candy/perfume version.
It really was small and not impressive looking in flower.
Smelled amazing. Like blueberry pop tarts. But visually didn’t look like much while growing.
After harvest, it made some seriously chunky, dense and frosty buds. Just golf balls with weight. I wish I had waited to decide on if i should keep it until harvest was done. I’d love to have that back. Lol.

So, I can see why they say wait until week seven. :grin:

6 Likes

Very cool! I used to grow BCGA’s Orange Crush years ago which would be 50% that blueberry. He said it was not DJ’s blueberry but who knows… I think I had read on an old Cannabis world post it was a blueberry from Marc Emery but I could be wrong.

The blueberry is not that visually impressive I have to say (yet) - but I knew going in it may be finicky. Figure they’ll go 10 weeks at least so I’m hoping the next month they’ll blow up a bit.

From a scent perspective, they’re pretty cool. One is musty Afghan, one is perfume/floral and one is the blueberry candy scent.

Not going to judge until they’re brought down trimmed and cured.

The Grapefruit x BB I ran before really developed the BB scent after the cure.

3 Likes

I had Lems Bb satty cut and the longer it sat the more intense the smell.

5 Likes

7 weeks today - quick weekend update:

Family shot:

Purple Roms:

Big Momma:

Looks like she may finish up faster than the other and be ready in a week or 2.

Her sister:

Liking both of these. Hard to say if I will reveg either. Both have been pollinated with my Rom dad so I have F2s. If they both smell and smoke the same I would choose big momma… but her sister I’ve been leaning towards. Whoever is spicier will likely win. Happy with these seeds - especially given the small sample size!

The Blueberries:

All of these will probably go 10 weeks. Not expecting anything quicker than that.

Floral / Perfume:

She’ll yield the most, and structurally is the nicest. I do dig the floral scent. Almost like “Thrills” gum for the Canadians watching.

Afghan / Musty:

Again a will yield OK… didn’t pollinate this one. Doesn’t have berry at all. Looks like something funky is going on with the tops - maybe they got accidentally pollinated! I do like the purpling of the calyxes. But it’s all about scent and taste and this one misses the blueberry mark completely.

Candy Girl:

Sorry didn’t get a great pic here. Scent wise she’s the best… the yield is piss poor though. Was pollinated with grape krush so will have to investigate this one in future.

In general the blueberries will be ok - we’ll see with a cure and smoke how I’m feeling, but I don’t think they’ll miraculously change in the next 3 weeks.

Not down on Peak’s gear at all - likely operator error and have to be a better grower to bang these out. Also have 14 more seeds to sift through so I didn’t grow a very great sample size.

So that’s where we’re at! Should be some PR coming down before Christmas (or around there) and the blues will be a new year thing.

16 Likes

Very nice, those purple roms bulked up a ton in the last couple weeks!

2 Likes

Ya they are definitely yielders! Not airy either. They’re rock hard with a light squeeze.

Have to say - Next Generation has some good stuff going!

2 Likes

Candy girl x Grape crush should make for a interesting cross. There all looking good the thrills smelling one might be a turn off as for some the gum also was weird!

2 Likes

Ya interested to see what the GK pollen does. Still all blueberry - but not as Indica in structure. May find a nice sweet BB plant in there.

Thrill was a weird gum… my brother likes it, but I just never saw the attraction. Interested to see if the scent changes before harvest and with a cure.

2 Likes

Great looking ladies you have sir!

1 Like

Guys i get u on the bb thing
However,i found a real nice smoke a lot better than dj’s bbgot if from a clown friend of mine.it is UK BLUE…
It crosses well has a real.nice kick.with a lingering buzz.
Check with Sinister Seeds…he could still have some…

4 Likes

Bro I’ve used his U.K. blues x heri and hit my chuskys bride with it Makes a great cross

Indy has some great crosses

3 Likes

Yes that cross sounds great ! I am very interested to see what comes of that cross(as well as the others)! Really enjoyed the show and hope to see more ! Yeah brother !
Peace and love !
Overgrow !

1 Like

Thanks!

The one purple Romulan (big momma) is getting close to the chop. The other PR is probably a few weeks off.

The Blueberries all look 2-3 weeks out so plenty of time for the seeds to develop.

Didn’t do a huge pollination - we’ll see how many I get. If I have extras I’m happy to share :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sweet ! I have wait two hours for more likes! I’d be more than happy to work out some sort of trade brother,I’m bottlenecked somewhat at the moment,hehe,and in no rush ,I’ve had worse problems I assure you! Haha, stoked to see the finish on these !
Peace and love!

2 Likes

No worries - give me a couple weeks for the seeds to finish up and then I can shoot you some :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quick (almost 8 week) tester bud taken off big momma today;

Not 100% ready but pretty damn close. Nice looking grass (I think at least).

Interested to see how much spice smell is there one this dries up.

8 Likes

Sunday Update - won’t be too many more of these!

Purple Roms are almost done… just ripening. I could take them now but there are zero amber trichs so I’ll let them go 1 more week… potentially 2… but I anticipate 1 more.

Big Momma:

Here’s my fav Purple Rom:

They both smell the same - a bit of a vomit back end on my Fav one. It turns much more purple as well.

Blueberries are doing OK - kind of a disappointment but live and learn. They have 2 weeks at least left. The buds on them are absolutely rock hard that for sure.

Before New Years day everybody will be down… I already have replacements vegging… that grow thread will go up when this one is done.

15 Likes

Final update before the chop!

Likely could have taken the Purple Roms down last week but there were no Amber trichs. Given the amount traffic we have through the house this week will likely let them go another week before cutting them down.

Big Momma:

Foxtailing quite a bit now - should come down, but looking good.

This one is the keeper though. I have to admit - I do like purple pot and this one is more purple than anything I’ve grown. Looks pretty juicy too:

l

Didn’t get any shots of the blueberry as they’re a bit of pain to get out. They’re ripening - the floral scented one appears to be the best plant.

Will post some pics at chop time next week.

12 Likes

lovely colors :purple_heart: …she´s a beauty :+1:

3 Likes