BODHI Clusterfunk and SSDD

More than cool bro. Please feel free to post em up !

2 Likes

I looked to see if I had them after I posted that. They’re gone. Fucking annoying as shit. Somehow I lost like three of four years worth of grow pics, no idea how that happened. Oh, well…

4 Likes

Sunshine Daydream- Pheno “#2

Appearance = 4/10 - Not impressive to my eyes. The pistils are noticeably longer than other phenos, frost coverage is not exceptional, not particularly colorful, the buds are also smaller, with almost no large flowers. Granted the jar is almost empty but after initial trimming most were pretty small flowers. Interesting since I have 1 more of these that Im about to harvest and the flowers are pretty decent sized. I think I just ended up trimming them so there wasnt much stem

Structure = 5/10- Looser buds, not full on airy but not dense by any means, as mentioned above, smaller flowers.

Aroma = 7/10 - Interesting, but not super complex. Shows hints of those blueberry notes but is more dominated by a medicinal smell. It had the same profile while growing. The medicinal note is accompanied by a distinct floral note that leads me directly to lavender. Its actually pretty obvious lavender and also some lilac. The blueberry really comes out when the buds are broken up

Flavor = 5/10- Not very loud at all. You get that Blues flavor a bit up front, then it kinda goes almost to like cheese rind with just a bit of that dried lavender taste. Again- not mouth coating or lingering by any means. Pretty mild overall, but not offputting.

Potency = 5/10- More creeper in style, not a “hard hitter”. But does provide a noticeable lifted, happy, calming vibe pretty quickly. Only been 5 minutes, but like the Clusterfunk, I already feel like I need another. lol !

Duration = 1/10- Definitely NOT long enough. lol ! I felt dead sober an hour after I pulled the tube, the effect really only lasted a few minutes for me. Weak, but it did allow for me to have some decent focus for the 3 and a half hours it took me to trim that Mothers Milk f2 !

I feel like I am being harsh, but really want these reports to be as unbiased and accurate as possible. Just like with wine, I think some people just say they smell or taste what the back on the label says or someone else says, instead of just smelling and tasting what’s actually in front of them. There is no personal ego attachment here either, I dont care what anyone thinks, Im not trying to impress anyone. The grow wasnt perfect and neither are the results and they rarely are, but we can all learn from the documentation if its accurate. Thats all Im really trying to do here and I hope this helps others. I will be back tomorrow with another one, for now I gotta go harvest another Clusterfunk. Happy Friday Y’all !!

17 Likes

Not being harsh, just calling them as you see them.
Not the only Not impressed by this line at all and I grew 30 of them all f1’s.

9 Likes

Yeah, an honest opinion is all anybody can ask for. It’s all I’m interested in, anyway. If the weed doesn’t do it for you, the weed doesn’t do it for you.

6 Likes

Morning y’all ! Here we go

Clusterfunk pheno #3

Appearance/bag appeal = 6/10 - Probably the nicest looking of the phenos that Ive reviewed so far. Decent frost coverage, nice colors, not exotic but has some nice red pistils. I might have given it a 7 but all of the buds are pretty small as the picture shows. This is the same pheno I harvested yesterday. The plant showed some really nice colors at the end of flower each time I ran it. Reds and a bit of purple here and there.

Structure = 7/10 - I would have given this a 8 or 9 had there been some buds that were a bit larger. I like the structure of this pheno more than any of the others reviewed so far. These are nice dense buds, they still have a bit of give when squeezed, but not much. Not very sticky when broken up though

Aroma = 3/10 - Just not too much going on here. Has a slight bit of the lemon thing and also a sort of coffee bean note that I was also picking up while harvesting yesterday. A hint of burnt rubber. Very mild, the least loud so far and the others were both really mild, so yeah

Flavor = 3/10- Similar to the aroma. Not much to speak of here. Taste like below average weed. A ever so slight bit of the citrus note, but not enough to make this taste good. Its not bad, just not much going on. So far most of this jar has gone into joints or blunts. After harvesting this pheno again yesterday I threw out the mother I had kept. Definitely not what Im looking for.

I will be back to finish the last 2 after the buzz sets in. Gotta go chop a Mothers Milk f2 for now.

Potency = 1/10 Barely got me high. What I did feel was gone quickly.

Effect =1/10- Mild buzz that left me mostly focused but not really lifted in any way

10 Likes

How many more Clusterfunks do you have to review or whatever? It sounds like you’re not too thrilled with them so far haha. I’m pretty surprised, I really liked the one I grew.

6 Likes

I grew out 2 packs of SSDD … I wasnt too happy with them. I got 1 that’s was I’d say above average with pretty decent yield and smell… but the other females I got were all a waste of space tbh. All F1 too… think I just got a shitty run of luck with those lot

8 Likes

I wonder how that cross got so hyped up. It seems like a lot of people weren’t overly impressed with their SSDD’s. I liked the one I grew okay. It wasn’t legendary or anything. The plant structure wasn’t ideal, lots of weak and floppy branches that snapped really easily, but the flowers smoked pretty good. Not good enough for me to feel compelled to run it again, but I wasn’t disappointed or anything.

Do we know how that cross became so sought after? Where’d the hype come from? Did somebody find, like, an epic pheno and pump it up online or something?

10 Likes

I think there are some phenos that are very good for nerve pain and of medicinal value, which is where most of the hype came from, I believe. There’s also the butter pheno… which got a lot of hype, not sure if it was passed around in circles or what? I enjoyed both females I got from my pack, so I really think it is dependent on the person, same with a lot of these different lines. I know my buddy who has been smoking like 20 years really likes it too, so I know it’s not just me or something. It gets my girl too high and she refuses to smoke it, but she’s a light-weight. What’s interesting is that she suffers from nerve pain, but she says it amplifies it… so I dunno, everyone’s endo-cannabinoid system is different?

@Vagabond_Windy haha, we are definitely riding the same wave today

7 Likes

There are a few threads floating around the inter web where lots of ssdd has been grown. I believe there are is a pheno or two that take care of nerve pain. A Bubbashine male was also supposed to be the big pollinator dad but he lost it, he then used the Snow lotus male. I’m almost positive that the buttery blueberry muffin pheno and the nerve pain relief are why it’s gained such a following.

Edit: also what @iamyou_youareme said ! Lol

8 Likes

Seems like everybody’s on similar wavelengths today, @Vagabond_Windy and @iamyou_youareme . I have a buddy who’s opinion is the only one I trust when it comes to weed, so I always give him a fat nug from each plant I harvest. Last night I smoked the Uplift #4 for the first time; this morning he texted me to let me know that he was blazing the #4 for the first time today haha. Same thing happened with the Midas a couple days ago, too.

Gotta love that synchronicity…

6 Likes

How did it get so hyped up?
You’d better think on that one a bit, I know you’ll figure it out.
It was the butter pheno, I have it or have had it but the ratio from good to bad, I wouldn’t grow them again for sure.

1 Like

Yeah, okay. I’ll think on that one for a bit…

Okay, I thought about it. Still haven’t figured it out. Like I said, I liked the SSDD I grew, but it seems like the “good” pheno is few and far-between. Shit, man, you just said yourself that you “for sure” wouldn’t grow it again. So…

4 Likes

Similar experience myself w it last year, was one of the first strains I picked to grow after a 14 year hiatus. Picked it bc there were so many people in love w it on here. Ran the Sebring f2s from the preservation run, got 1 female. Was finicky grower, grew bc of the nerve pain thing bc my wife & aunt both have conditions w nerve pain. I thought it took too long, was prone to lock out, foxtailing, smell was unique but didn’t come thru in the smoke, and wasn’t overly potent. I was happy to let it go, wife liked it for everyday smoke bc it wasn’t too strong and she liked medicinal qualities.

Running ss4 now, we’ll see how that goes. IMO, SSDD didn’t live up to the hype but I’m interested in giving it a 2nd shot if I could make room for it somehow.

7 Likes

The one SSDD girl I liked was kinda buttery but more sour. The Sunshine 4 cut I have on the other hand is friggin amazing smoke. Great pungent aroma and very uplifting and creative high.

10 Likes

I too have ran into a sour, diesely plant.
You can definitely till the butter pheno, thou.

3 Likes

I definitely had a “butter” pheno when I ran them, but it turned out male. I could smell it as soon as I’d open the tent, when they were all only like 25 days in veg. Usually at that age, they all just have that generic “early veg” smell, but the butter was extremely noticeable. I should’ve made seeds with that one, probably, but I never make seeds, so…

Is the Butter Pheno the one that everybody should be looking for? Is that the one that smokes well? I still have five or six seeds, but I don’t have any plans to run them any time soon. If somebody wants them, they’re all yours.

6 Likes

The butter pheno is the one you’re looking for.
I’ll check if I got a bud left of it and get a pic ,later.

3 Likes

I popped 9 Clusterfunk seeds to start, ended up with only 3 females. The rest were dudes or herms. By contrast I only popped 6 SSDD and also got 3 females. All 3 SSDD grew pretty nice, but only 1 or 2 of the clusterfunk grew to my liking, so Id say that the SSDD produces more consistent winners per pack.

7 Likes