Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

I have a pack of his Dr Wu - Runtz x Tk I’d trade for BB Indica S1

7 Likes

Blueberry Indica is awesome its like a blueberry bubba

23 Likes

Is that what B used in Blueberry Hashplant?

8 Likes

blueberry hashplant is blue dream x 88g13hp @HorseBadorites

13 Likes

Rats, lol! Good thing I like Blue Dream, too, :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Super stoked to run out a pack of that in the near future. Debating on whether I should try my first seed increase with it. Unless this is one that bodhi plans to keep reproducing

9 Likes

He’s retiring the hp male seen some real nice plants of those there’s a dude on Riu growing some monsters outdoors they look great should find some killer stuff in the pack @Tessellated

13 Likes

Room full of females, males are in another room.

Sunshine Daydream
Blue Sunshine
Butterscotch x SSDD
Chem D x SSDD
Wifi OG x SSDD
Space Monkey

Keeping:

6 SSDD males, 2 of each morphology
2x blue sunshine males
8x Butterscotch x SSDD males
2x variegated Chem d x SSDD male
1 space monkey male

50 Likes

I just wanna say, from the bottom of my heart…….THANK YOU. You are doing Lord Bodhis work my friend

10 Likes

Awesome run! Looking forward to hearing about the butterscotch ssdd, got a pack of that to look through. I saw one grow on IG that really liked it. Blue sunshine too - grew one of them and its really nice bud - trancey get in the zone lazy weed ha.

20 Likes

@imstinky Trying my best! Females have been in flower for 4 days, males still under 24/0 while I put a flowering room back together. My house flooded this winter so we had to rebuild the entire 1st floor, just finishing up now and the timing couldn’t possibly be any tighter lol. Really hoping to collect pollen from each male, test quality of progeny, and keep the males that bred the best overall.

12 Likes

I’m really looking forward to both the Butterscotch and Blue Sunshine as well, my two most anticipated hybrids I have going right now.

If I was lacking space and could only repro two lines, I think it would be those two. Most of the Butterscotch x SSDD plants showed some seriously crazy variegation and growth patterns early on, and most of them are also shorter. Much different than the SSDD f1s, leading me to believe that Butterscotch is really holding its own here.

In fact… Most of the hybrid progeny are showing obvious female dominated morphologies. This is what I really like seeing!!

Oh yeah… Not bodhi but Im also running the following from Doc, all related to Bodhi

Magic Bluegrass [(Blue Dream/Snow Lotus) x (Blue Dream/TK)]x Dragon Energy
Nepali Watermelon Hashplant x Dragon Energy

Trying to compliment the Blue Sunshine with other Blue Dream work for potentially bringing in more genetic variation. Also have platinum huckleberry cookies and huckleberry diesel to potentially reinforce berry notes if they turn out good enough.

25 Likes

Very cool! Good to know the butterscotch cross isnt too stretchy.
Yea I saw that magic bluegrass cross is coming soon - looks like a great combo.

10 Likes

I may have read the Butterscotch is Purple Kush x Instant Karma (sour d x bubba). Sounds very nice. Medicinal benefits possibly.

13 Likes

I wanted to circle back around to these points because I think they touch on a very interesting phenomenon I have been noticing lately. OG has tons of F2’s floating around and very little of them seem to get popped. If anything they seem to get traded around for more seeds that will not get popped lol.

with the free seed saturation on OG being what it is these days I think the real value to the community is passing along proven cuts now. Most homegrowers don’t have the space to hunt through F2’s to find a nice pheno. I’m sure if given the choice they would rather have an already hunted keeper pheno that has some good grow documentation along with it that details what to expect. I know there will still be people that would prefer to pop seeds to find their own stuff but I feel like thats a minority. I think the average OG’er would rather just cut to the chase and get the banger cut out of 100 seeds instead of spending months if not years going through that many seeds on their own.

Edit: I guess my point is to talk about the idea that producing keeper cuts seems to be a more worthwhile goal than producing F2’s for these types of larger crowdsourced projects.

29 Likes

I dunno how many people would be willing to take cuts over seeds of a pheno hunt.

4 Likes

Cuts all day. Tough to hoard or collect cuts too. Kind of need to grow them or dedicate space to moms. How many different types of smoke do you need? I don’t get the amount of seeds and strains around these days. Have a daytime and nighttime mom and then cycle in another two at a time if you like checking things out. People with tissue culture could have quite a library, huh? That’s over my head for sure. Crazy interesting though.

11 Likes

Taking the f2 seeds isn’t the problem. Everyone on this site would take them if given the option. Growing them out is a whole other proposition. So I guess the question would be would more people take cuts and grow them out than people who would actually grow out the F2’s, I don’t know the answer to that but I like it as a thought exercise lol.

13 Likes

Cuts can bring in all kinds of a shitstorm

9 Likes

Thats been my motivation for getting into Tissue Culture is to be able to have a library full of genetics that can fit on a shelf instead of having a room or multiple rooms dedicated to keeping moms around.

12 Likes