Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Blue Sunshine day 28, definitely a longer runner.

All of them smell like varying levels of blue dream mixed with Chem and OG. Tons of resin!

40 Likes

Blue sunshine sounds great to me. Like the look of the narrow leaves on that one, and doesn’t seem to be lacking frost either!

Fan leaves starting to go on these and are a bit underfed / stressed.

Herer HP

Chem 91 skunk VA x SSDD - first SSDD cross I’ve grown so far that didn’t have fairly high odor.

Lav Jack

Different Lav Jack

Lav Jack tall pheno

51 Likes

I know appalachia crosses just fade on their own and drop leaves until the end.

8 Likes

Old Soul f2 gettin’ frosty outdoors. She’s got quite a way to go, but off to a good start. Smelling piney, maybe a little hint of menthol?

37 Likes

Looking great there’s some real funky smells in the old souls supershitfucks number 6 pheno has a real weird metallic thing too it @Klyphman

11 Likes

Love triangle about 7’ tall… probably going to go into November at this rate…

24 Likes

I took a Bodhi plant into November for the first time last season. (D9 Thai x DLA5). Got lucky with the weather. May we be so lucky again this year.

16 Likes

I hope so! If I beat the black death this year, I have a chance!

11 Likes

I have received the seeds. Thank you very much.

D9 x a1 x 88g13hp F2

12 Likes

Awesome i assume you won the JBC raffle!
ZAP sounds great.
Superstcious is 2nd choice.

9 Likes

How do you describe the smell from you Lav Jacks? I have one that is like if I was chewing juicy fruit gum and smelled a cup of black tea. Really interesting!

12 Likes

should of seen the F2 I just culled the leaves were many and thin, now I wish I had a picture of her for you, but with the mold tendency I decided best to just cull her, although the butter taste was intense through rosin now Im wishing I kept her for that novelty! I always forget there is greencrack in the mix with SSDD and I swear to you the other pheno was straight greencrack, hope you find something worthwhile and no mold :slight_smile: @advancedbuffalo

11 Likes

It’s still changing quite a bit. I love the different smells of cannabis but isolating certain qualities of the smell or trying to articulate it is a skill I don’t really have. I’ve smelled a similar smell to the tall pheno before in what was given to me as “trainwreck” so it may just be a terpineolene smell.

Tall pheno is about 36" and smells very interesting. Initially I wasn’t thrilled with the smell but it has evolved a bit and the components that are still there have grown on me as well. My description of the smell will change pretty much every time I go in there so I’m not sure how much help it would be but the best I could do is Fruity / Floral / Bubblegum (not juicy fruit) / slight new shoe rubber smell.

The other 2 look very similar and are both about 20" tall. Not as loud but smells more normal. Old coins, sour, mango, skunky, peppery. More color being shown currently in the shorter two but everything is fairly root-bound and deficient so who knows. The tall “sativa” pheno is 3ft tall and in only ~1 GAL of soil.

Oh cool, what was the F2 of that you just culled? SSDD? An SSDD cross?

12 Likes

That’s awesome. Thanks for the descriptions! I have 4 going. Hopefully have one I really like to keep around for awhile.

7 Likes

I was drawn for the third pick in JBC Seeds promotion. I really liked all three of the choices I had to pick from. Before the promotion, I had a desire to cross Zap after reading about the strain with one of MAHA KALA’s creations. I have three of his chocolate funk in veg right now. I couldn’t spit in destiny’s face after it placed Zap in my hands.

17 Likes

I like JBC; they’re in WA so pretty close to me. And sometimes they get Bodhi freebies the others don’t have.

13 Likes

Good Medicine F3
21 days from flip
I cut out the males to collect pollen in isolation

36 Likes

beautiful pics and great growing per usual dude.

always great pics …

12 Likes

Some nice lookin males there!

11 Likes

Blue Sunshine F2 :slight_smile: Theres pics in the Bodhi thread I posted, but the leaves in flower changed a bit…The one grown from clone had the thinnest leaves I have seen yet, just no pics… :poop:

9 Likes